Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

May 2013- boys , girls or the unknown? Over half way there!

(994 Posts)
scooby26 Sun 06-Jan-13 18:55:09

Hi all, new had for may 2013!

Roast & Maybe you can watch Homeland S2 here.

10storeylovesong Wed 06-Feb-13 19:42:35

roast sil is quite computer savvy and downloaded it onto a memory stick for us which just goes in the side of the TV. It's from the American series.

Ellypoo Wed 06-Feb-13 19:49:13

Ooh that sounds fab babygeek! How nice to be able to choose your own room!!

Physio was ok - gave me some useful exercises to do with birth ball & when sitting / standing - she's given me an open appt in case and said that crutches will be next step if I'm really struggling hmm really don't want to go there, so will try exercises & hope they'll help!

Feeling a bit pants today - was looking forward to spending some time with DH but woke up with sore throat, banging headache and general crapness hmm

Hope you're all well x

babygeek Wed 06-Feb-13 20:04:09

Elly, hope the exercises help and you don't have to worry about crutches.

Boo for feeling ill, I'm sure some chocolate biscuits or hot chocolate would be good medicine! smile

lollypopsicle Wed 06-Feb-13 20:26:36

elly hope you keep the pgp at bay. the thought of ending up on crutches is my main fear at the moment. I really want to make it until 37 weeks too before mat leave so I get as much time as I can on the other side. I went to my 'phsio' appt yesterday which turned out the be more of a group advice giving session hmm nothing I hadn't already read on the internet. however, as I sat down at the start I managed to sort of miss the chair and stumble a bit blush I could almost here the alarm bells in her head. she kept asking if I was OK which the more she did this the more I didn't feel OK. the session ended with then giving us a tuby grip to wear and sasyng if it doesn't help then ring up for a physio appt. she asked me tons TTF any behind at the end and told me to book the next available appt. while I'm glad I'm getting treatment, it made me realise how bad in was compared to the others sad
so real physio is on Friday. finger crossed it helps.

Betsy, sorry to hear about your dad. thanks

24+6

Boodstress Thu 07-Feb-13 07:32:20

morning all - for those worrying about crutches with the PGP or PSD I was told similiar or worse with the first pregnancy but it never progressed to that stage cause I started doing and not doing all the things I was told. Of course for some it does but I have read a lot of forums about this stuff and it was very much an exception.
I slid on tiled floor in the shop yesterday doing the near splits and a comedy almost-fall and it was agony after as my pelvis split way further than it should, I'm so sore this morning but it was also quite embarrassing ...'stop-press -cumbersome pregnant lady slips on wet floor' [embarrased]

28 weeks tomorrow - seeing the midwife this morning, I'm so excited to be that one step closer even though I have so much to do before this little one makes an appearance.

good luck with the house moves out there!

Boodstress Thu 07-Feb-13 07:34:39

That should have been blush ...too early grin

ng1412 Thu 07-Feb-13 08:31:27

Snowing here, had enough of it, forecast for rest of week, we already have loads on the ground. Have my consultant appointment and scan this morning so going to take plenty of time to get DD ready and drive very slowly to the city. DH took an hour to do a 30min journey to work this am.

Bood 28 weeks already! Such a milestone.

Sorry to hear about all those with PGP, sounds dreadful. I will probably get a ticking off by my consultant today for my high GTT results. Oops.

Elly hope you are ok with the pgp I can only imagine how painful it is.

Good luck for house moves.Im still looking so we may end up staying here until after baby now.

26+0 grin

SevenReasonsToSmile Thu 07-Feb-13 09:37:45

beaut glad you're not in a desperate hurry to move, I can't think of anything more tiring than moving whilst heavily pregnant. I suppose LO will be in your room for the first few weeks/months anyway.

scooby is it tomorrow you move into your new place? Sending calming vibes and hope it goes as smoothly and stress-free as possible.

elly hope the exercises help and you can avoid crutches!

We've got our 4D scan this evening, really hoping for some good pics and that we can find out what we're having. Who else has had one and did you get good pics. I'm worried that ours won't be great as my pre-preg BMI was 34, the website said the views aren't as good with a BMI over 30, I didn't realise until I'd already booked it. I'm hoping the fact I've only gained a couple of lb may help.

I'm really pleased to be 24 weeks tomorrow as I'm last on the thread, I can't believe some of you are 28 weeks already!

10storeylovesong Thu 07-Feb-13 11:14:50

seven good luck with 4d scan. We looked into getting one but thought that with the 10(!) scans with had so far it seemed like a waste of money for us - especially if the baby could arrive at any time!

27 weeks today! And I know it varies depending on where you look, but my What to Expect app says I'm now in 3rd trimester which cheered me up no end last night when couldn't sleep!

TerracottaPie Thu 07-Feb-13 14:06:49

Hello all. Lots to catch up on whist I've been too tired, working and then too tired again to MN grin

Another one with a physio referral here. Saw MW last week and asked her to do it and then I was in tears from pretty much waking up with the pain today that I rang and asked how long it normally takes to get the appt. End result was that I had my appt at 11am this morning.

The physio was so lovely. She worked on getting my pelvis aligned for about 20mins which has helped a lot for today but the exercise is something I'll have to do every time I'm in pain. And then when DP is around he can do the pushing upwards part that I can't do myself. See her again in a week and we'll build on this first exercise. She said if need be I could get a support belt but she'd rather work on building up the muscles to do this as that is essentially what the support belt does. Even got recommended a book which I'll come back and write down for those of you having the fun of PGP if you're interested? She was even lovely with DS as the appt was at nap time and he started getting upset. She got all the exercise balls out and he went crawling around the floor chasing after them grin

I was due to have my GTT next week but I've cancelled it. Had a big chat with the MW and whilst she couldn't advise me what to do it was helpful to talk it through. Antenatal clinic sounded a bit surprised but I didn't get hassled about it which was my main concern.

Anyone else finding the last week or two been dragging for them? I feel and look about 8 months pregnant so saying I'm 27+2 just makes me feel crap. I think once I've passed 30w it will feel a bit better. Just something about that number!

All these house moves and plans are making my itchy feet itchier! We're supposed to be getting the house on the market as we plan on self-building ASAP. And as crap as I feel now I know there will be zero motivation to do it all with a newborn and a toddler to run around after!

Anyway hope you're all doing ok today smile

beaver33 Thu 07-Feb-13 14:07:52

well done 10 - what a lovely milestone for you to reach thanks.

I'm soooo tired today and soooo busy at work. Eurgh. Struggling to get to sleep at night (am averaging dropping off at between 2am and 3am at the moment) and have a splitting headache.

Our building survey on the new house flagged up some cracking in the external rendering, which is causing some damp inside, so we're now trying to negotiate getting the vendor to pay for the repairs. Hoping it doesn't hold anything up too much, as we'll be homeless by 1 March!

Too much to think about at the moment, I fear....grump, grump.

26+3

scooby26 Thu 07-Feb-13 15:07:42

10- yay for 27 weeks! Every day/ week is that but better ;-)

Beaver- good luck with house move.... Was the house price according to work being needed anyway?

Moving day tomorrow- in nervous that my stuff will appear and the removal men haven't run away with it all or gone through it while they've had it for two weeks!!

Spent far too much on new stuff... Though we had budgeted for some... It's all the accessories, curtain poles etc that a new house requires! All this to move just a mile up the road ! ;-)

Boodstress Thu 07-Feb-13 16:36:04

28 week appointment fine, bloods done, a bit non eventful and it was a locum so not my usual (I realise I'm very lucky in that regard) with a student so she was doing all the measuring etc. I won't see anyone til 36 weeks and that will be my Obs.. 8 weeks away .. that's an eternity! With two little ones I should be relishing these last few months but I can't wait!!

PandaOnAPushBike Thu 07-Feb-13 16:40:25

Hiya everyone. I haven't been around much lately but am thinking of everyone. Can't believe I'm now in the third trimester shock

28+1

Boodstress Thu 07-Feb-13 16:48:17

Hi Panda - have you an appointment between 28 and 36? I think first time mums have a 32 weeker but it seems a long time otherwise. Exciting to be in the final trimester grin

PandaOnAPushBike Thu 07-Feb-13 17:17:50

I have a midwife's appointment next Tuesday. They seem to be every 4 weeks at the moment. I also have a hospital appointment the following week because I'm a big scaredy cat autistic so need to see it all and have my hand held before my time comes. So I know exactly where to go, what to do when I get there etc.

berri Thu 07-Feb-13 17:24:20

Congrats on your theory test beaut!

Sorry to hear about all those in pain, I really hope the physio starts to kick in so you don't end up any worse. I have a friend back at home in London who is on crutches now (but is much further along) and considering the crappy weather it's a nightmare.

10 it's great you've reached 27 weeks - hooray!

I've had a week of shopping for little bits and bobs and feel more organised - I now have nappies, wipes and other essentials. Love shopping for all that kind of thing.

I am 28w today, had another scan yesterday and thank goodness my placenta has moved out of the way smile She weighs 2lb 6oz which is apparently bang on average! Also got the GTT results back and they were fine, so it feels like I'm going down a bit of a checklist this week!

MaybeAMayBaby Thu 07-Feb-13 17:54:01

Just spent twenty mins catching up whilst watching bloody Dora with DD and now I can't remember who said what?

Yay for all the 28 weekers! That still seems way off for me at 25+3.

seven we've booked a 4D scan the first weekend in march. I wasn't asked about BMI. Mine was between 29-30 ish before pregnancy (the midwife added 3kg to my weight but also added about 5cm to my height hmm). I've put on quite a bit of weight though since. 1.5 stone just about? I'm really looking toward to it. I have so many scans but they all seem so quick and medical. I also want the sex confirmed-I don't know why, but I'm still not quite convinced. Stupid.

All those suffering with PGP. I was pretty bad last time and nothing at all this time. Just in case the pain is putting you off any future pregnancies wink.

I didn't realise my mood was so bad at work. The kids have boycotted me for appointments for parents evening next week. They apparently think the teacher I share them with (who is voted most strict every yet running) will give them a better report!

MaybeAMayBaby Thu 07-Feb-13 17:56:42

Berri-mine was exactly half that weight last week (24 w). Do they potentially double in weight in 4 weeks? I'd love to get an 'average' score next time.

berri Thu 07-Feb-13 19:42:04

Hmm maybe I'm not sure?? I know these weight approximations are often very inaccurate from what people have told me after the actual baby is weighed! Saying that, the weight & measurements put her on the 54th centile so I guess that's pretty much average?
They are also doing a lot of growing at the moment so she might have had a growth spurt!

Rhienne Thu 07-Feb-13 21:32:50

Oof! This baby seems to have grown enormously in the last couple of days. I feel so much more pregnant than I did before! Waddling like someone way past 27+5.

We've now ordered our double pram. Can't wait to get it and play with it. grin

Went for a pregnancy massage last weekend. Veeery nice! Highly recommended if you have a place near you that does them. I'd pay just for the chance to lie on my stomach for an hour! (The table has a big cutout for your belly, and as I say when they lifted the towel to adjust the padding, two holes a little higher up as well! Hee hee). And have booked in again in 6 weeks or so. Yeah.

All good at my last MW checkup. Finally (cross fingers, touch wood, pray and any other talisman I can clutch at) getting over this horrible cough/cold. So hopefully will have the energy to get through the last weeks at work. Just need to decide when I'm actually leaving, and hand in the form (that should have gone in a week ago- oops).

I've now agreed with my boss and HR that I'm taking one day a week holidays on paper, and actually using that time as flexitime to come in late or leave early. And I can work at home one day a week. Big sigh of relief, this will be so much easier to cope!

Here's some positive vibes for all those feeling the waddle this week!

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 08-Feb-13 09:35:04

Well our 4D scan yesterday was amazing, we got some lovely pics of the face. Even the 2D on the modern swanky 4D machine was so much better than the 2D scans at my usual hospital. And it's definitely a girl, we've decided she's definitely going to be Beatrice, her middle name will be Ann after my mum smile.

rhienne what pram have you ordered? Glad to hear you're feeling better and have for something easier organised with work.

terra glad the physio was helpful. I'm also enormous, and I'm only 24weeks! It makes me wonder if it could be something to do with the fact that its not that long since we last had babies perhaps? I'm not looking forward to my GTT but it seems daft cancelling it when they've organised it that its at the same time as my 28 week scan and consultant appointment.

beaver hope you manage to overcome any issues thrown up by the survey.

bood that seems a long time to go without seeing anyone, we get a 32 weeks check with the GP (even for low risk) where I am, plus MW appointments at 30 and 34 weeks. I've never even made it to 36 weeks!

maybe do you still have to go to parents evening if no one wants to see you? I know what you mean about the scans being so medical, it was great just having a scan on our terms because we wanted one.

berri yay to shopping for baby things, so exciting! With two already we don't really need anything this time.

Boodstress Fri 08-Feb-13 09:55:00

Thanks Seven, I'm going to book a 32 week with my midwife. I'm under consultant care but I also see her and it just sounds too long. That's quite daunting that you haven't made it beyond 36 weeks...that means things are only around the corner. I went 11 days over with my first and 8 with my second - both were sections in the end so I don't expect anything to stir before the section planned for 39 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now