Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 03-Jun-13 09:20:20

red glad the ms is a bit better. Hope you don't get the horrible tiredness.

kitty glad you are enjoying the good weather. 20 week scan is due in one week. If we can we will try and see what flavour. I'm thinking its a girl but friends are going with a boy. Getting kicked a lot now which is fun, baby likes being fed, just like its mum grin

mrsbri not long to go now, end of pregnancy is so uncomfortable. Hope baby b comes soon.

alex how's the cervix? Hope everything is ok.

MrsBri Mon 03-Jun-13 09:36:35

I have a ball, yes :-) All I achieved last time I bounced was 3 wees in half an hour! If baby has started to engage I will start bouncing like a loon!

I have had lightning crotch this last week too, so if there's not even a little engagement I will be disappointed!

And I'm next?! Shit! But also yay!

I'm ready for baby now. And my mat pay starts tomorrow after 4 weeks' holiday! So out you come baby!

When, apparently mums are really good at guessing the flavour. I'll be amazed if I have a girl! Don't mind though.

RedRobin1 Mon 03-Jun-13 09:44:54

It has def sunk in and I am getting very excited about January. Baby will be due around 10th Jan. Told quite a few close friends, family and work and will tell the rest after 12 weeks.

I am excited about meeting baby and curious about what he or she will be like. Time still seems to be going slow. Tiredness and nausea only comes in the evening which means I am in bed by 7/8pm.

mrsbri waking up at night must be a pain... I am dreading having to do that in winter. Hopefully not long now and baby will be here before you know it!

Kitty hows little dd doing? I am dreaming about holding my newborn...can't wait to hold this tiny person inside me.

thingy how you feeling? is it sinking in slowly!

when good luck with the 20w scan... I'll join in the guessing game too.. put me down for a girl vote.. you'll have to let us know when you find out!

Red you will find out what the waking up to pee is like very soon lol I found it much worse in the first tri then the last!
My bday is the 15th jan, I love being a winter baby and the sales are always good for gifts wink
When- only 1 wk how exciting!!!! Aparently mums are right 70% so good odds, everyone said boy for me but that just felt wrong and anoyed me so I can only put it down to intuition they were wrong
Both little ones doing really well, no jeleously from dd1 yet she asks for her every morning as soon as she wakes up, dd2 so cute and tiny dh was wishing her grown up yesterday because dd1 is so funny and such a character but reminded him to savour it as we will most likely never have this moment again!

Hi everyone! Been AWOL for a few days - between work, toddler, DH's birthday at weekend and getting things ready for new baby it has been go go go and as a result I am knocked out today, start of a nasty cold so taking the day off work to try and stop it in its tracks. So going to go and get caught up with what you're all up to smile

kitty - So glad DD1 is adjusting well! I am a little nervous about how DS will cope with our new arrival but so far he is quite enjoying helping me get the nursery ready and he always tickles my tummy so he can 'tickle the baby' so keeping fingers crossed!

when - Oh good luck with your big scan! Very exciting! Though I found 20 week scan both with DS and this time round quite nervewracking at the same time. It's lovely to see baby on the screen but equally relieving to have it over with and have your mind put at ease. Hope it all goes well tomorrow x

red - Know what you mean, sometimes time seems to be going so slowly and i feel like i have been pg FOREVER and other times I think omg, only 9 weeks to go now, where has all the time gone!? Hormones seem to warp normal time speed up a lot lol

mrsbri - took a trip to Decathalon at weekend and bought a gym ball. Had one the last time too but seemed to have gotten lost in the house move... anyway, will be inflating this evening. I managed to get DS to turn from breech to head down through will power and bouncing lol Sadly he was still back to back! But it is def worth trying (no matter how silly it looks ha ha )

Thingy - Woo hoo!!! So excited for you!! Welcome aboard!!!

kitten - Glad Muse were excellent - my DH has went and got us tickets for an outdoor festival/concert thing about 2 weeks after I'm due lol No idea if that is going to be realistic since I was still walking like John Wayne at that stage the last time but trying to think positively and assume birth will be a lot more straightforward this time round!

Hope I haven't missed anyone out and glad to see everyone is doing so well smile x

tedmundo Mon 03-Jun-13 20:54:09

There are some exciting scans on the horizon. Good luck when and wee!

Mrs bri .. Not long now. Have an extra big gulp of gas and air for me .. I love that stuff.

Congrats thingy! So glad to see you here. Will you pay for an early scan do you think? We all seem to be addicted to them on this thread! 12 weeks is too long to wait.

Well, Bruce is now 12 weeks and <whisper it> sleeps through. He is a legend. Life is now very much in a routine and feels manageable. It really does go so quickly those first few weeks and I am sad they are already over. I had an operation last week and have been in a lot of pain since so lovely DH has been looking after me. I am dosed up on codeine tonight which makes Corrie more interesting that usual!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Mon 03-Jun-13 21:44:24

Bruce sleeps through <whispers so as not to jinx it> that's better than my dd and she is 2 years old.

I love gas and air too, dh has a voice recording of me rambling nonsense while on it (just think very very drunk happy person - "woo hoo let's to dancing")

ted - sorry to hear about oprration but glad codeine is keeping things interesting lol Bruce is a legend! 12 weeks! I remember DS sleeping thru at about 9 weeks and being so excited!! Alas in his case it was a passing phase and he didnt do it again after about 15 weeks til he was nearly 8 months lol Oh well he was a hungry boy!!

when - ahhh gas & air!! Doesnt exactly take pain away but def helps make things that bit more enjoyable - like inhaling 4 g&ts in one go woo hoo! Remember me & DH bith sneaking hits off it at about 3am while midwives were waiting for a riom in laboyr ward to becime free for me. Much giggling behind curtains, trying to be v quiet so as not to wake other ladies who were sleeping wink

Kittenkatzen Tue 04-Jun-13 18:47:31

Just marking place so I don't lose you all...back to catch up properly tomorrow smile

weechops Tue 04-Jun-13 20:58:28

Scan tomorrow eeeekkk! So excited smile the appointment is at 11.40 and I'm so happy dh will still be here to come with me. He leaves tomorrow night for 3 weeks and gets back 2 days before ds birthday and our holiday (jammy sod!)

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Tue 04-Jun-13 23:42:49

wee ooh I love a good scan. Best if luck for tomorrow, maybe you will get a good picture of the nub and we can start guessing the sex.

Thingymajigs Wed 05-Jun-13 07:13:20

Just wanted to pop in to wish you luck wee. I'm excited for you. smile
I've been exhausted and so busy but I will catch up with everyone later today as its my day off.
oh I just heard on the news that pregnant women have to avoid chemicals, toiletries, new cars, new furniture, paint, perfume etc. confused Pregnancy was so much easier when I had my first two. All they told me then was not to smoke or drink too much.

Kittenkatzen Wed 05-Jun-13 07:18:11

Good luck for today wee, hope you get a good pic!

thingy maybe we should all just live in a bubble wrap lined sterile room for 9 months?! grin

Good luck today wee!! Scans are so exciting and - for me anyway - hugely nervewracking so sending you lots of cyber support grin

thingy - i saw that on news too and all i could think if was oh well gosh darn it, i suppose i could try and not buy a new sports car (hee) and does this avoiding chemicals thing mean I can give up housework?! Too hot and pg to clean bathroom lol

Had worst leg cramps during the night - i wad asleep when first one started so didnt react and stretch itout quick enough. Now right leg feels like i was out dancing in sky high stilettos til 4am while left leg feels normal. Strange!!!

RedRobin1 Wed 05-Jun-13 10:04:04

Good luck wee hope the scan goes well!

I think I spoke too soon about the nausea easing off. It's back with a vengeance this week. God! Please let the next few weeks speed by! Second trimester can't come soon enough....

I had my booking appt yesterday and now got to wait for the date in post..this pregnancy thing is always going to be a waiting game isn't it!

I am going to brave a trip to the supermarket today! Eeek so nervous! Haven't been to one since the ms kicked in.

thingy the dos and donts change every year... I think cars and perfume is new though! To be honest I haven't sprayed any perfume since ms started. I am living like a stinky pig sad

grin At red being a stinky pig! I'm sure your not but know what you mean about everything going down the pan in the first tri when your soo tired etc, I'm sure I didn't always brush my teeth at night lol
Good luck wee can't wait to hear
Little I got the leg cramps too, my god they hurt don't they! Mine felt sore for 3 days after like the worst gym session, I got them at 27/28 wks are you arou d that or more? X

tedmundo Wed 05-Jun-13 11:01:48

Oh god the leg cramps .. I would wake up, have a little cat stretch and WHAM .. Agony up my whole leg. The key is to stretch with foot flexed up, not pointed.

I am in agony still. Waiting a callback from the hospital for advice. Basically, I had an op to band my piles and remove all skin tags. It has left me a gibbering wreck. I have had to stop the codeine as I felt so muddle headed, I could not care for the boys properly. So back to awful pain, but at least I can think straight.

Wee .. Good luck. Can't wait to hear how you got on.

Sorry to everyone feeling sick still. It is hard hard work trying to have a life while feeling so rough.

RedRobin1 Wed 05-Jun-13 11:42:25

Oh ted you must be in a lot of pain. Hope the op sorts it out for you and then you can be back home with dcs and get lots of cuddles. Would normal pain killers help even slightly?

kitty - 31 weeks so i've prob done pretty well to avoid cramps up til now. Its annoying tho, already hard to sleep cos of strange dreams / feeling too warm / heartburn / it being an epic effort to turn over in bed between big bump and wonky pelvis...and now leg cramps!! Not fair on us - mums need to stock up on sleep now cos it will be in short supply soon enough and i already have a toddler who rises at 6.30 most mornings!!!

ted - oh ouch! You poor thing sad Hope drs can sort you out, that doesnt sound like much fun at all

red - hope supermarket trip went ok. During eorst 6 weeks of sickness i just got Tesco to deliver for DH & DS and i mostly lived on toast, cold pots of devon custard and Ribena so I feel your pain!! Sense of smell wasnt just as bad this time round but with DS the lingering scent of DH's aftershave, even hours after he'd used it, could reduce me to a wretching wreck lol Oh its all v glam this being pg isnt it?!

weechops Wed 05-Jun-13 13:13:44

Back from scan and all was well smile I've had my dates put forward by 3 days so I'm now 13+2 and due 10th December. She took ages to do the measurements as baby was sitting bolt upright lol! Had to jiggle about to get my wee bean to move. Got some good pictures too smile happy weechops today smile

MrsBri Wed 05-Jun-13 13:26:27

That's fantastic, wee :-) How excited / relieved are you now?

I had a breast feeding class today. It was interesting and useful. We get loads of support at home here too and call simply call up for a home visit if we need help. I like that idea.

Thought I was going into labour last night, but no :-/

I think baby has dropped more though as I can feel the head in my pelvis and it doesn't half feel uncomfortable / odd down there!

One of you girls who aren't ready to drop needs to start us a new thread now. Any takers?!

Thingymajigs Wed 05-Jun-13 13:39:30

That's great news wee. So glad everything is ok with your little one. You are going to have a baby for Christmas. smile
I went to the doctors today to see what they could do about my skin allergies now I'm pregnant and the unsurprising answer is- nothing. So I'm going to be scratching like crazy throughout this pregnancy but I really don't care. I think its starting to sink in but not fully. I have got my pregnancy pack from the GP. Glad to see Emma's diary is still going. That poor woman is forever pregnant.

Thingymajigs Wed 05-Jun-13 13:46:15

Hopefully your baby is getting ready mrsbri. smile
I would start a new thread but its early days for me. My boobs are reassuringly sore and the cheapies are getting darker which is good but its still very early.

MrsBri Wed 05-Jun-13 13:48:04

Thingy, you can take Piriton when pregnant, if that helps. The hospital prescribed it for me the other week, and my midwife told me I could take it before then too.

Thingymajigs Wed 05-Jun-13 13:58:30

Thanks. Midwives have more experience in this area so I'll go with that advice. If it gets any worse I'll grab the piriton.

This thread is not accepting new messages.