Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

MrsBri Fri 17-May-13 13:17:50

I would ask your consultant about it. If he thinks you shouldn't go he can write you a letter so you can claim off your insurance for the cost.

I flew at 4 and 5 weeks' pregnant and was fine. Kitten has flown more recently / later in pregnancy and is also fine. But I'd just get medical opinion for your particular circumstance. :-)

RedRobin1 Fri 17-May-13 13:49:38

alex I think yes - speak to your consultant. The holiday may help take your mind off things, but yes theres always the worry about cabin pressure etc. I have been thinking about flying too. I am due to fly at 11/12 weeks - long haul - 7 hours. Slightly nervous, but I am praying it will be okay by then. Will be checking with my midwife.

I drank two mugs of hot water with ginger & lemon. I still hate drinking water.

alex I love bottlegreen stuff! Got plenty of that but not the ginger one.

mrsbri I might look in sain or tescos for cheap soft bras and then go for jojo if nothing else around.

Kittenkatzen Fri 17-May-13 14:29:39

Yep I flew at 6 weeks and 19 weeks, all fine and not uncomfortable at all. Agree have a chat with your consultant though as your case is obviously a bit different.

red I've found new look really good for cheap maternity wear and they have a massive online selection

Alex - I haven't been allowed to fly this preg, I had a lot of bleeding during first and second tris and they couldn't figure out what was causing it from scans. Bleeding cleared up by itself but GP said he thought it might be pretty risky and I'd be better off avoiding flying if it was possible. Wouldn't have minded a wee beach holiday before baby arrived but just kept thinking how stressed I'd be about the journey since GP had advised me to avoid it - might go away at Halloween instead!

robin - I never drink enough either! I'm trying but too much water or juice seems to make the heartburn unbearable :-/ Better go grab a glass of water now while this has reminded me lol

Have any of you ladies seen the thing about eating dates during third trimester? Supposed to help with making labour quicker! I drank gallons of raspberry leaf tea and ate loads of pineapple to no avail with DS (tho in fairness he was back to back so it's pretty unlikely that would have been a quick labour anyway) but even though they didn't work I'm thinking I might start into the dates in a couple of weeks and see what happens...

MrsBri Fri 17-May-13 15:20:40

Dates? Won't that just mean we have a good clear out before birth? Or maybe that's what helps?! Or do dates not have that effect?

I hadn't heard about it and don't really fancy it. But if it works...

Kittenkatzen Fri 17-May-13 15:36:20

Dates look like cockroaches and should therefore not be eaten. Ever. Fact.

MrsBri Fri 17-May-13 15:42:50

I like that logic, Kitten!

MrsBri Fri 17-May-13 15:53:48

Though it looks like it's scientifically proven:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21280989/

Hmmm...maybe I'll bite the bullet!

MrsBri Fri 17-May-13 15:54:12
WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 17-May-13 20:43:10

alex I would definately discuss it with a consultant. If he or she can write you a letter you can claim it on insurance.

The dates thing sounds interesting and I really fancy it only because I am thinking of wrapping dates in bacon and eating them that way, I'm loving bacon at the moment

weechops Fri 17-May-13 20:57:07

Feeling very sorry for myself as I'm suffering through a migraine without my usual codeine sad

I finally have a scan date yay! Booking in next week at 11 weeks then scan 2 weeks later at 13 weeks. Feels like ages away but I'm sure it'll fly by.

I'm going to be just over 16 weeks when we go to Majorca at the end of June. Kind of starting to worry about overheating and loads of other daft things. Does anyone know if travel insurance is still valid? I have it through my bank account so I thought maybe I need to tell someone?

MrsBri Fri 17-May-13 21:01:27

Wee, you should read the terms and conditions. If it isn't mentioned as included you should call them to ask.

Hope you are recovered now.

MrsBri Fri 17-May-13 21:02:05

Or even recover soon. Damn phone / goldfish memory!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 18-May-13 19:05:34

Urgh poor you wee I've never had a migraine but have seen enough of others suffering to know it really sucks. Hope it clears up soon.

I'm drinking a small glass of prosecco. It's lovely and I want more but can't have it sad grin

weechops Sat 18-May-13 19:08:23

I'm feeling better now, just down to a dull ache. And I feel like I'm never away from the toilet with all the water I've been drinking smile

Glad your feeling abit better wee
I shouldn't worry about your holl's, I'm sure you insurance will be fine and can probably add it on anyway and as for overheating well I was sunbathing in 40degree heat in Egypt, your body will tell you your limits just try not to be out in the the miday sun much and drink plenty, 16wks will be a lovely time to go ( you will still be able to lie on your front wink lol)

tedmundo Sun 19-May-13 08:44:47

Morning all.

red .. Welcome and congratulations! I hope the sickness calms down for you. Eating really helped me. Carbs all the way.

res and winkle .. We will see you guys here soon, I will keep the seat warm for you.

alex .. I am sorry you have such worries at the moment. I echo the others saying speak to your consultant. That is what they are there for and will be best placed to tell you the risks. I flew at 9 weeks which is considered by some to be a danger time but I knew the holiday would do me the world of good!

kitty .. Sending cervix expanding thoughts your way.......

wee .. I am so jealous of you going to Majorca. It is a favourite holiday for us but DH said we could not go this summer as he was nervous of taking a 4 month old to the sun. I have managed to get an October half term break to the canaries booked though. Bruce will be nearly 8 months by then and not so much a tiny baby. Where are you going? Pollensa is where we usually head.

We are getting on really well here. Bruce is 10 weeks now and sleeps from 8 to about 6 most days (with a dream feed at 11). Today he slept until half 7 and the older boys played quietly downstairs so I actually got a bit of a lie in. Bliss. Those first few weeks are really tough but sometime between 2 and 3 months, all of mine have found their rhythm and things got easier.

Baby kitty was born at 13:55 today 38+4, no name yet and hasn't stoped feeding yet, boobs allready sore!

MrsBri Sun 19-May-13 16:02:09

Yay, kitty, congratulations :-) Bet you're so pleased.

And a good hungry baby too, lovely!

twinklestar2 Sun 19-May-13 16:41:59

Yay congrats Kitty! Is this your first?

Alexandra6 Sun 19-May-13 17:39:59

Ah kitty brilliant! Can't wait to hear how it went (feel free to lie to first timers like me and say childbirth is a breeze!) Great news, well done xx

Thankyou ladies, absolutely knackered as started last night at 8 but only took 3 pushes and 5 mins when we started to push if that makes you feel better Alex? Second baby though so already stretched abit obviously confused

RedRobin1 Sun 19-May-13 19:03:28

Congratulations kitty !!! Hope you and boobs get some rest. Lovely news. So pleased for you! Yay!

weechops Sun 19-May-13 19:42:15

Congratulations kitty!!! Well done you smile

Ted we are going to Alcudia. Never been before. We are going all inclusive for the 1st time in a big complex so the kids will love it. I might even get to relax too smile

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 19-May-13 22:10:13

Congrats kitty three pushes sounds amazing.

Best of luck picking a name.

This thread is not accepting new messages.