Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

BFP wishes CAME true!! The Graduates Club

(1000 Posts)

Ladies of the bfp wishes thread who've had their wishes granted ... Join me!! We've had a rocky road ttc, now lets enjoy the highs and lows of our much wanted pregnancies together grin First came the bfps...and then what comes next????

MrsBri Fri 10-May-13 08:23:20

I feel left out as I only peed on 3 sticks as that's all I had!

I have photos of them, but no display :-)

And baby on bladder isn't helpful, Kitten. I'm still not having to get up in the night to wee. Not sure why, but feeling very lucky! :-)

RedRobin1 Fri 10-May-13 08:27:34

I am 4w + 6 today... time is going so slow.

No pregnancy symptoms yet, but today I felt very queasy in the morning. My mild symptoms seem to come on in the mornings (sore boobs, queasy, thirsty) and then during the day and evenings I feel nothing except the frequent peeing.

No wonder there are so many cases of women being pregnant and not knowing till they have almost finished the first tri.

MrsBri Fri 10-May-13 08:34:58

I didn't feel particularly pregnant until morning sickness hit at about 7 weeks. There's time yet, Red!

It's funny that we all look for symptoms when TTC and it actually turns out that the biggest symptom is no symptoms!!

I remember your blind tests when grin
I think my pee stick count was 10 but 2 of those were a necessary as I'd foolishly done one I had left quite late ( 10wks ish) and it was really faint aparently it's because the hcg is so high it decepts the test and it doesn't know how to read it but I had to buy more and dilute wee with water to see if it went stronger ( it did) so no peeing on sticks after around 8wks ladies!!!
I'm feeling mardy today, I know I have 21/2 wks till due date but dd1 was allready here by now and I'm so tired, ok in the day but the past 5 nights I've literally tossed and turned hmm so tired and the thought of possibly 5wks more confused I can't bear it
Please let it be tonight please let it be tonight......

Kittenkatzen Fri 10-May-13 09:21:06

<projects labour inducing vibes towards kitty> come on littlekit!

red sorry but I did just lol a teeny bit at your post "no symptoms yet"...followed by a list of symptoms grinwink

RedRobin1 Fri 10-May-13 11:55:47

Just done a digi and it says 3+ woooooohoooooo grin

Doing these tests still feels like getting your results after a tough exam! I almost thought it would say 'Not Pregnant'

I am telling my mum tonight... looks like I am have a b-a-b-i-e after all!!!!

RedRobin1 Fri 10-May-13 11:57:05

kitty hope you don't have to wait too long... can't imagine the discomfort, but I hate tossing and turning at night and all that sleep depravation. Come on kitten come out soon!

MrsBri Fri 10-May-13 12:09:48

Yay, Red!! I never got beyond 1-2 as I only had one digi test left!

Must feel exciting :-)

RedRobin1 Fri 10-May-13 14:58:01

I just told my mum, cudnt keep it in any longer. Her reaction was priceless and my most cherished memory to date!

I am a little nervous about telling my dad as then he'll know we have been doing it blush told DH to say it as I can't face telling him smile

Yeay for 3+ I love those digis grin
Red your having a baby gringrin

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 10-May-13 15:48:51

red great news on the 3+. It must have been lovely telling your mum.

resipsa Fri 10-May-13 20:18:47

grinred - I'd say the work stress must have made you O sooner rather than later! God, don't tell your boss before or after mat leave that a really stressful fortnight worked wonders for you!

RedRobin1 Fri 10-May-13 22:29:49

res I was thinking the same! I think I must have OVed a lot earlier this cycle.

Waiting for you to join us res fx for this week x

RedRobin1 Sat 11-May-13 09:37:06

I take back everything I said about no symptoms! I am so queasy and feel nauseous. I am scared of morning sickness kicking in.

How did you guys cope with work and the tiredness and the sickness? Need some tips as I am panicking what I am goin to do the next few weeks.

I am def having this baby smile

MrsBri Sat 11-May-13 09:43:12

Red, it's lovely you've told your mum :-)

As for sickness, I'm ashamed to say I shovelled crisps into my mouth for about 10 weeks to stave off the nausea.

I didn't suffer the tiredness that some have, thankfully.

And ultimately you just plug on and cope. Which sounds trite, but you will be amazed how well you come through it.

RedRobin1 Sat 11-May-13 17:49:09

Thanks bri it's been a strangely sluggish day. I feel like I have been drugged. Went for a walk which seemed to have helped.

How are you doing kitty and how's little kit? Any signs of early arrival?

How's everyone else doing?

No signs hmmhmm thought maybe yesterday as baby's head was so low after aqua natel, kept getting really sharp stabbing pains and felt just off but no, felt really nauseous today aswell reminiciant of mornins sickness just that sicky feeling but I'm sure it's just trying to trick me as I never had any signs last time, just went to bed and woke up with broken waters! I'm sure she will come in her own sweet time wink
Red I was never sick first time and felt sick this time but was never actual sick, eating did help and I tried the sea sickness bands but ultimately you do just keep going until one day you feel better

RedRobin1 Sun 12-May-13 12:48:18

I got the sickness bands too yesterday.

Feel better today, wore the bands overnight and took them off this morning.

Sounds like little kit is getting ready kitty hang in there! She will be out soon smile

Hi everyone! Just back from a week away, going to read back through and see what I've missed smile

Mixed bag with the weather (we were over on west cost of Ireland) - some sunshine, plenty of showers! Glad we went away now tho, I have a lot on with work and next time I'd realistically be able to get away would have been end of June (or for DH start of July) and I'd be 35/36 weeks then!

27 weeks now - can hardly believe it. All of a sudden, finding the bump looks huge, SPD is kicking in and I'm having real trouble rolling over to get out of bed in the morning. Restless leg syndrome last few nights as well, makes it hard to get over to sleep. Welcome to third trimester! Can't believe how fast second tri has gone - can't believe how much I still need to do to get ready for new arrival but won't really be able to get stuck into stuff until I start mat leave on 8th July and luckily my mum will be around to help me get the house in order and all the baby stuff down from the attic.

Hope everyone is well - off to catch up now x

kitty - argh! sounds v promising! All getting ready for blast off!

robin - I had awful HG and was dosed up to eyeballs on drugs and signed off work for a month, so I am not a good person to ask! First tri can be tough going in any event but usually only for about 4 or 5 weeks and then the tiredness will lift. Hope your sickness isn't as bad as mine was and you can just get on with being happy and excited smile

alex - can't say pelvic floor exercises helped me much with birth of DS but my pelvic floor has been pretty wrecked every since. Briefly seemed to have gotten better and then as soon as I got pg again...terrible!! I'll be a pelvic floor exercise junkie for the whole of this last tri lol

kitten - grr, so annoying when friends give too much helpful advice!! I had a friend whose first DS is literally 8 weeks older than mine and she was always telling me what I 'needed' to do lol I knew she meant well so I just gritted teeth and nodded and then went ahead and did what I thought was best but it can really wind you up sometimes!!!

res - Hello! Also got a grilling on domestic abuse and drug use back in 2010 lol 2013 seems a lot more of a whistlestop tour of any possible issues, whole booking appt took about half an hour. Hope to see you over here with us permanently v v v soon x

Kittenkatzen Mon 13-May-13 07:56:41

Welcome back littlemiss glad you had a lovely break, I've always wanted to visit Ireland properly (have only spent a weekend in Dublin which doesn't really count!)

red glad the sickness bands are working for you. Agree with mrsbri - just keep eating! I didn't really get sickness but it definitely helped with the tiredness - though I would still be unable to formulate a coherent sentence come 3pm, and I once burst into tears because DH had asked what I'd like for dinner and I couldn't decide! hmm oh and make sure you eat even if you don't feel hungry - I found that leaving it more than a couple of hours between snacks made me feel awful until I'd forced something down! I still have to eat something every 3 hours or so now, but thankfully for my waistline the quantities have eased up drastically and Ive lost the addiction to salt & vinegar crisps grin

kitten - I've gone the other way, couldn't eat anything during first tri and felt completely awful and nauseous until 16 weeks or so but now I'm starving all the bloody time. Trying to snack sensibly, plenty of fruit, water etc but at this rate I am going to be HUGE!!! shock

RedRobin1 Mon 13-May-13 08:48:57

I am 5w + 2 and feeling very dizzy and nauseous. My colleague just ate some yoghurt for brekkie and I felt like murdering him. I guess this is what its going to be like for the next 6 weeks.

Oh and I HATE food, just all food. I don't find anything appetizing at all. I dread the thought of having to eat. If I don't eat I feel nauseous. I am trying to eat little snacks now and then, but it all tastes shit and I am not sure what food I actually fancy eating.

twinklestar2 Mon 13-May-13 10:38:42

Hello all!

Quick question for red: how do you know how many weeks and days you are? How do you work it out?

PS hope the sickness subsides soon smile

RedRobin1 Mon 13-May-13 12:10:28

Hi winkle I count it from the first day of my last period and also have an app that counts it for me.

Thanks winkle - fx you will be joining me in the morning sickness pain soon smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.