Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2012 - Last but not least

(282 Posts)
annelid Sat 29-Dec-12 07:54:54

New thread for us stragglers!!

itsMYNutella Fri 11-Jan-13 23:05:54

Just having a quick lurk and checking if there is any news... smile thinking of you rockabilly

pmgkt Fri 11-Jan-13 11:13:59

How are you rockabilly?

itsMYNutella Thu 10-Jan-13 03:30:05

Here you are Rockabilly Post-natal fingers crossed for you!! X

pmgkt Wed 09-Jan-13 16:55:37

Hi rock. I don't know how to link but if you go to being a parent section of talk, then post natal groups you will find us there. Good luck for later in the week.

RockabillyKitty Wed 09-Jan-13 15:39:53

I'm still here all lonely sad Sure someone else was mid Jan...

Tried to have another sweep Mon but the cervix was still firmly shut - this baby is on lockdown! Eviction process starts Friday.

Will someone share the post natal link here so I can watch the thread & find you later easily? Ta.

emilyeggs Wed 09-Jan-13 13:04:11

Thanks walnut, yes Henry home with me. Just had a total melt down because I wanted to get out but not able to lift anything, finally convinced duh to lift pram down the stairs (we live in a maisonette) but couldn't get boots on due to swelling. Didn't think my own body would scupper my plans sadsad it's such a nice day out side

itsMYNutella Wed 09-Jan-13 12:12:04

Thanks Spotty I'm there now smile

Nutella get on post natal! We are all up at that time of night! Sorry to hear about the colic I really feel for you sad

itsMYNutella Wed 09-Jan-13 11:51:52

See I'm so sleep deprived I couldn't remember for the life of me who I'd already congratulated! Gosh, I'm off for a shower to wake myself up! smile

itsMYNutella Wed 09-Jan-13 11:49:59

Wow, I've missed so much! emily mwah terry silver andelpth congratulations on all the new babies! Love the names too!

We have colic here sad it is horrible to see him in pain and worse, it's between midnight and at least 4am (sometimes 6am) so we've been losing our minds due to sleep deprivation a bit busy smile but we remain optimistic that it will get better!

Who is still left? There can't be many....

Walnut8 Wed 09-Jan-13 04:22:36

Glad you are home emily - is baby home with you?

Walnut8 Wed 09-Jan-13 04:21:43

Big congrats emily, Terry, Silverlake, Elpth and Mwah ... some drama filled birth stories, it sounds like you all did amazingly well. I hope everyone is recovering well from infections and the rest.

FWIW, I had a lot less pain when right over lying on my side (the position I went into naturally and laboured and gave birth in for my second) than when lying on my back as I did for my first labour (and I had an epidural for my first and only g&a for my second so the difference in pain was quite dramatic).

emilyeggs Tue 08-Jan-13 17:03:32

Ps forgot to say I'm home now grin

emilyeggs Tue 08-Jan-13 17:01:51

Elpth silver terry and mwah
Congratulations on your babies grin what a mixed bag of births! Just goes to show you can't plan for anything. Glad every one is well and happy x

mwahmwah Tue 08-Jan-13 12:45:17

kitty I was 10 days over and cervix posterior and not thinned out at all so amazing that it worked on first pessary. utopian deck makes a difference being upright and not constantly monitored. I had much less pain standing than when I was lying down.

utopian99 Tue 08-Jan-13 09:26:25

* mwahmwah* that sounds like a great story! Was hoping for only g&a and tens for mine, but ended up forgetting tens and having diamorphine jab, which i think might have been down to being hooked up to monitoring so not allowed to stay upright. Do you think that made a big difference?

And congratulations on new DD!

elpth congratulations and really beautiful name!

ISpyPlumPie Tue 08-Jan-13 09:11:03

Congratulations Terry, Silverlake, Elpth and Mwah and welcome to all your new arrivals thanks (and congrats again Emily) Sounds like there were a couple of dramatic births but glad everyone is doing well now.

Look forward to seeing you all over in post-natal soon.

RockabillyKitty Mon 07-Jan-13 21:11:07

Oh wow mwahmwah that's given me loads of hope!!! How many days "over" were you? I'll be the full 12 by Friday so I'm hoping the first pessary does the trick for me too! Congrats on your new baby girl xxx

Congratulations mwah sounds like a great birth smile

mwahmwah Mon 07-Jan-13 21:04:09

yay for induction! I got the first pessary at 10.30 Saturday, felt first Labour pain at 2pm, transferred to Labour ward at 4pm and our beautiful daughter was born with no pain relief at all at 5.35pm weighing 8lb 7oz. after all the terror thinking about labour, it was a really positive birth experience, I laboured standing up and on a ball mostly and really let my body do what it's made for. only really lost it at the end, pushing was scary and full on. but in comparison to my other two labours which were bed bound', I highly recommend being upright!
our little lady is still nameless, so I' m off to look at the name threads!
well done and congrats to new mummies and best of luck to those still waiting for their new arrivals, hope it goes smoothly for you all.
anyone got the link to the post natal thread?

Congratulations new mummies! thanks

elpth Mon 07-Jan-13 19:44:08

Sorry bit late to update due to lack of smart phone but I finally went into labour spontaneously on Thurs 3rd at 5am and, 34 hours of labour and an emergency section later came out of theatre at 4pm on Fri 4th with baby girl Ianthe (eye ann thee), weighing 4.4kg (9lb 13oz). So lucky she was a section in the end!
I was on the high dependency ward on drips and oxygen for over 24 hours then moved to post natal. Discharged today after making loads of progress each day.
Visitors just arrived!

AlisonDB Mon 07-Jan-13 14:24:02

Congratulations new mummies, hope you are all getting lots of lovely snuggles! X

Congratulations silver I hope you get better and come home soon.

2blessed Mon 07-Jan-13 10:35:51

congratulations silver, welcome baby jamie. Hope the infection clears soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now