Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Christmas and the New Year will bring with them a flurry of sneeze births and we Brook No Argument! (part 14)

(986 Posts)
MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Wed 19-Dec-12 18:50:39

Thought I would treat us un a festive thread

<puts up tinsel and fairy lights>

NewYearNewBoo Fri 15-Feb-13 18:20:46

<just seen Bartlets FB update, sits back down and waits patiently for news>

Loopyhasanotherbean Fri 15-Feb-13 19:26:16

I'm not on the fb group, what's Bartlets news? smile

GreenOlives Sat 16-Feb-13 07:53:07

No news yet loopy, bartlet is at the hospital waiting for a delivery room to become free so they can break her waters and get the induction started.

Withalittlesparkle Sat 16-Feb-13 11:35:55

Oooooh the big nursery clear out has started! I know it's a tad early but our spare room really has been a dumping ground for the last 4 years!! We won't be decorating yet as we're having new windows in stalled throughout but I figured doing a little bit every weekend was much better than blasting it closer to my due date!!!!

I'm getting a little sad that atleast half of my craft stuff is being given away because we just don't have the room!!

NewYearNewBoo Sat 16-Feb-13 11:51:37

Ooh it is exciting though isn't it Sparks smile I love all the getting ready and thinking about the little person who will be using all the stuff grin

Shame about the craft stuff though, have you anyone who can store it for you?

Withalittlesparkle Sat 16-Feb-13 12:20:58

It's even weirder because every time In trying to decide if I want to throw something out twinks gives me a little boot in the belly!!

My mil is having it, so I can always dip in and out if I have the time!!

I also confirmed my maternity leave this week! So real to have an actual finis date!!

Exciting times sparks. I am regretting getting rid of so much craft stuff before we moved. I'm sure it would have come in handy!

BartletForTeamGB Sat 16-Feb-13 23:29:05

Well brookers, I am back at home, snuggled in my own bed - with my DH. No chance of being admiited to the delivery unit until morning so have been sent home for proper rest. Sneeze birth postponed until tomorrow. Better get to sleep! Sweet dreams everyone!

ControlGeek Sat 16-Feb-13 23:47:02

oh bartlet I'm so sorry, but am very very glad you are in your own bed in comfortable surroundings. At least they saw sense and you are now able to get some proper rest, even if you can't get proper sleep. xx

TheLittleFriend Sun 17-Feb-13 01:36:21

Gutted for you Bartlet. I hope you do get a good nights rest and meet your baby feeling refreshed tomorrow x

GreenOlives Sun 17-Feb-13 07:32:48

Hope you've had a lovely sleep and are feeling refreshed and ready to meet your baby because I am brooking no argument that a room will be ready and waiting for you today! smile Good luck!

Little How's it going? Is J feeding ok? What does DD think to her baby brother? And how are you feeling post birth? Xx

NewYearNewBoo Sun 17-Feb-13 08:04:08

Oh Bartlet I am so sorry they messed you about like that, but I am pleased you were able to rest in your own home for a while before your sneeze birth, which will be today, I'm Brooking no argument!!! thanks

clickingtock Sun 17-Feb-13 15:47:27

What about you Olives? Any signs of mini olive popping soon? wink

GreenOlives Sun 17-Feb-13 18:42:35

Don't think so tock, loads of BH but I've been having them for weeks! I do have my first stretch & sweep booked for tomorrow though so you never know! grin Just in case anything does happen I've spent the weekend batch cooking so the freezer is stocked with home cooked grub. I have also done ALL my ironing and sorted all my bills/paperwork [smug emoticon] I am too big and uncomfortable for a cleaning frenzy though but DH is off tomorrow and has promised to blitz the house from top to bottom! grin Im sure the fact that we are all ready for the arrival means it will be another fortnight at least! wink How's it going without DP around? I hope DS is not still sad?

clickingtock Sun 17-Feb-13 20:37:36

Get you super mum! Hope you don't have another 2 weeks to wait. But you could put your feet up. Take care and don't overdo it as you need your energy for D day. brew

Shattered tbh. Colic not so bad tonight luckily for me. DS rather sensitive, tho still a sweetheart. It's his bday on Thursd (3) but we are having to postpone a week. 4 days down, 11 to go. Eek. Off to bed now!

ScrambledSmegs Sun 17-Feb-13 22:36:50

Ah, I hope it gets better soon, tock. I'd love to have a sleeping baby, but looks like she's got other plans for us hmm.

Olives I am seriously impressed. Well done!

Thought I'd give you all a giggle. I was looking through my ipod the other day and realised the playlists I'd made for DD1's labour were still on it. Thank goodness I wasn't in the mood for music, as I had some seriously unusual choices. Feel Good Hit of The Summer by Queens of the Stone Age, for one. Can imagine the midwives wouldn't have been too impressed by the lyric "Nicotine Valium Vicodin Marijuana Ecstasy and Alcohol..." repeated over and over grin Killing in the Name of was on there too, just before Orinoco Flow by Enya. I'm a bit twisted, aren't I blush

NewYearNewBoo Sun 17-Feb-13 22:46:26

Evening ladies, anyone still up?? Need a quick bit of advice. Toddly boo fell asleep at 6.10 pm, I was checking on him until about 8.30 all good, checked again about 20 mins ago to find a lovely little boy saying hiya mummy but when I went in for a cuddle his was red red hot sad

I have stripped him to pull up and t shirt, thin blanket (will not settle without some sort of blanket), calpol given but his temp is 39.6 sad no other symptoms. Would you call the Dr or see how he goes for a bit. He is drinking a little juice and is generally just being lovely but so so hot sad

Have you got any child Ibruprofen in the house? It tends to work quicker than Calpol. I give both when DS first starts with a fever and then alternate the next doses. 39.6 is high, if it doesn't come down with the Calpol/Nurofen I would call OOH. Don't strip him off any more than you have already and keep up with the fluids. There is a nasty virus doing the rounds round here at the moment, a cough/cold/fever type one. But if it's continually high and not coming down with meds could be a sign of a bacterial infection eg tonsillitis. I'm no medic, just loads of this type of thing with DS and advice I've been given in the past. You need someone like Olives to advise really.

NewYearNewBoo Sun 17-Feb-13 23:18:07

Thanks Scarlet but as I am clearly a bad mummy, we only have calpol until morning, it does finally seem to have taken the edge off his temp, he is still hot but not burning iynwim, going to re take his temp soon, but I think he is settling to sleep now.

NewYearNewBoo Sun 17-Feb-13 23:24:27

Sorry that sounded a bit grumpy, bad mummy actually forgot to get more after we used up the last lot blush just re did temp, down to 38 <phew> will wait with him until he goes to sleep and re check him in a couple of hours.

TheLittleFriend Sun 17-Feb-13 23:40:04

Boo, sounds like you've done the right thing with calpol / stripping . Hope he's ok on the morning.

Bartlet, I can't tell you how hard I'm brooking that this is all over soon for you. I'm keeping utd on the fb page and it sounds like you are putting up with so much thanksthanks

Olives J is doing great thanks. He is being fairly settled for the time being, which we're really making the most off. However, my milk is coming in the evening, and he won't stop feeding or pooing!
Dd is being great, but sharing my time without feeling guilty is not happening yet.

TheLittleFriend Sun 17-Feb-13 23:49:02

And as for my post natal self, I'm feeling pretty ok considering lack if sleep etc. Dosed up with paracetamol and ibuprofen for the sore nipples/ after pains / stitches etc, but I'm still incredibly happy to have him here a bit early smile

GreenOlives Mon 18-Feb-13 08:07:23

Glad all is going well little smile Keep up with the drugs for the nipples/stitches etc, I remember that pain, ouchy!
smegs I have no idea about the songs you have mentioned but they do sound a little "out there"! grin My music tastes are very much 80s cheese/wedding disco music, it is a source of much embarrassment to DH blush grin
tock Hope you had a decent night's sleep and that the next 10 days fly past! smile
boo Hope that DS is feeling better this morning. You did exactly the right thing last night, stripping off a bit and giving paracetamol. scarlet is right that ibuprofen tends to bring temps down a bit quicker but in my exp paracetamol is longer lasting so I tend alternate when DS has a temp. Please don't worry about the exact figures when it comes to a temp though, some kids just run a higher temp than others, my DS is often over 40 and once reached the dizzy heights of 41.8! Its far more important to monitor their symptoms/condition than the actual number iyswim? There is definitely a horrible cold/temp thing going around here at the mo, DS was ill with intermittent temps for the best part of 2 weeks. Hope toddlyboo gets better far quicker than that.

NewYearNewBoo Mon 18-Feb-13 08:25:20

Morning ladies, I am getting Toddly checked out just in case. I checked on him at 3 and his temp was back up, and is still up now sad

Little I hope the pain killers do their job for you, I am NOT looking forward to the hit by a truck feeling following birth!

Olives thank you for the reassurance, Brooking your baby makes an appearance soon.

Bartlet I hope above hope that you are in your delivery room thanks

tmi but thought I'd try u ladies with this one before the md.
I know sex can cause a bit of blood. but if u have an orgasm blush no penetration could that cause a bit of blood? had some pink blood this morning not lots but this constant on off blood is getting to me a bit now. hope toddlyboo is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now