Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2013 part 6: the one where all the babies arrive to join their friends who escaped early!

(999 Posts)
BuntysFestiveCollocks Tue 18-Dec-12 12:55:59

New thread as the other one is nearly full shock!

Our next baby should be pmgkt's, but I won't if any little cheeky monkey will sneak in before Thursday?

Allchik - an upset tummy was the start of my labour last time. It went on for a few days though I think. You sound very much like you are imminent. Get lots of rest just in case.

Lostbobbles Wed 19-Dec-12 09:08:41

Thanks for the welcome ladies.

Allchik my friend just had her baby 2 days ago and had the squits for a week beforehand, so fingers (legs) crossed for you and if not hope you start to feel better in yourself.

Im off for a lovely group strep test this morning (totally forgot i was positive last time so a bit late getting it done)

I also have a week left to make final decision about vbac v/ c-sec, first dd was breech so had c-sec. Got appoint with the anaesthetist tomorrow as i have lapsed disc's in my back.

DD finishes school today at 11.15am (and the point of that is!!) but happy not to have to get up for the run everyday.

Wish you all a good day

lost odd time to finish, hardly worth taking them! Thankfully mine don't finish til Friday although I have ds1 at home today. Poor thing has a cold that's gone right to his chest and was up at 5.30 with a nasty cough sad

Annoying as I realy need to finish Xmas shopping by Friday as I don't intend to even try leaving the house with all 3 once their off!

katolla Wed 19-Dec-12 13:49:01

bealos you're in the standard today! How does it feel to be famous?

happyhow Wed 19-Dec-12 14:03:55

I got my first ever parking ticket this morning confused. Missed my time by 5 mins but I couldn't have walked faster if I'd tried!!

Went into school too which was good to catch up with everyone. Came home with a few parcels too which is lovely and got a totally unexpected £50 in John Lewis vouchers from my form class! grin Makes up for the ticket slightly...

Welcome lost!!

PixelCarrier Wed 19-Dec-12 14:24:07

Thanks for the new thread bunty.

Been lurking but not posting since starting maternity leave: think I've busier the last couple of weeks than I was at work!

Hope all going well, allchik. Been very weepy too this last week - poor DH. Had to wait an hour to see the midwife this morning, as the receptionist had forgotten to check me in on the computer, and was in floods of tears. Normally that sort of thing wouldn't bother me, as it can happen to anyone.

Welcome bobbles

Happy, it was very reassuring to hear you got a parking ticket due to slow walking. I got one too, the other day, and felt really stupid to have got one, but don't feel so bad now.

happyhow Wed 19-Dec-12 14:45:45

I'm glad I can be of service, Pixel!!

MamaMary Wed 19-Dec-12 15:24:46

I also have diarrhoea. And occasional nausea and pains. Only 35 weeks tomorrow so don't really want labour any time soon.

At appointment this morning had +2 protein in my urine, but BP was fine. Sigh. There is always some niggling problem with me.

kim222 Wed 19-Dec-12 15:35:48

Hi all! Haven't been on since the beginning, but on maternity leave now so much more free time! I'm 36 +6 weeks, having weekly hospital appointment at the mo as baby measuring small, currently measuring 32 weeks and fluid are low around the baby. Just had midwife appointment asked if the head was engaged, not any engagement at the mo. Next scan is on fri, really hope baby has grown a bit and fluid levels are back to normal. Lots of braxton hicks at the moment too!

In other news, just ordered my changing bag, excited! Xx

BuntysFestiveCollocks Wed 19-Dec-12 15:55:42

Gutted: sweep cancelled as some ignorant woman decided to have her baby! <is only half joking>

I'm another one here with a runny bum blush and couldn't move this morning without being sick!
Luckily db was able to take ds to school so I went back to bed till 12, think my body really needed the sleep.
Think I just have a bug tho because this is dc4 and they have all been late! Plus i'm so unorganised she can't come this side of Christmas.

BuntysFestiveCollocks Wed 19-Dec-12 16:31:08

I'm wondering if the runny bums are hormonal? I've also been having toilet issues <ahem>.

Wish it was a sign of labour for me, but I think not. I did have a massive clear out, at both ends, when in established labour with ds. It was Not Pleasant.

octanegirl Wed 19-Dec-12 17:34:34

I don't know about runny bums being hormonal but I certainly am!! Short fuse doesn't even begin to cover it at the moment...

bealos Wed 19-Dec-12 17:45:45

katolla REALLY? I've not seen it!!

bealos Wed 19-Dec-12 17:55:09
bealos Wed 19-Dec-12 18:34:22

And someone (who I know through work) just tweeted me with a photo of the article. Imagine quite a few people who didn't know I was pregnant, will now!

theboutiquemummy Wed 19-Dec-12 18:49:19

Go Bealos Go Bealos gringrin
you tell em !!!

Lack of demand my arse

Speaking of arses tmi... yup in the trotts category at the moment blush

but it does feel like bubs has moved forward off my intestines so that might be it wink

Lostbobbles Wed 19-Dec-12 19:25:45

Apples, hope your DC gets well quickly. My DH has kindly shared his cold with both DD and I, we are both snotty sat in bed watching tom and jerry.

Bunty gutted about your sweep, so inconsiderate wink

Well done on the article bealos, but such a shame about your midwife angry

Well group strep test was not nicest experience tmi but the speculum bloody hurt. Little lightbulb moment that a baby is going to be like pooping a cannon ball, defo added another pro to the c-sec list.

Let's see what the anaesthetist has to say tomorrow. Should be interesting for a needle phobic

bohoec Wed 19-Dec-12 20:19:38

Thanks Birdie. I'll check with the midwife next week then!

Great article Bealos. Sorry to hear about your midwife care though :-(

Sorry to hear about your sweep Bunty. How annoying ;-)

Lots and lots of (quite painful) bh today, but I have been doing lots of walking... Can't share in the run

bohoec Wed 19-Dec-12 20:21:01

Oops, posted too soon!

Can't share in the stories about runny bottoms (tmi!), but sorry to hear you're all suffering.

pmgkt Wed 19-Dec-12 20:36:17

I've had my last meal, just eating through the snacks in my hospital cupboard before the midnight deadline. Ohhhhh tomorrow isn't far away now. All feels odd now knowing tomorrow I should have my baby

bealos Wed 19-Dec-12 20:45:33

How exciting pmgkt....

Ooh exciting pmgkt must be wierd knowing when it's going to happen x

ds1 went to bed at 5 so hoping lots of sleep will help! Went up and gave him some calpol 1/2 hr ago then thought I could hear someone crying so went back up thinking ds1 would b up. Turns out his nutty younger brother is giggling away and still fast asleep! Checked him he's completly out with a massive smile on his face laughing away! grin

on a separate note also realised that since I put them to bed someone has tidied dd bedroom... hmm

PricklyPickleInAPearTree Wed 19-Dec-12 21:45:21

pmgkt Eek! This is so exciting. How lovely to think you'll have your little one tomorrow. Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight and they don't keep you hanging around too much tomorrow.

Apple DS2 sounds like a happy little soul, very sweet.

Bottom update from me: no runny bum here.

MamaMary Wed 19-Dec-12 22:11:46

Can't believe so many of us are suffering from the same, ahem, symptom...

Pmgkt, good luck for tomorrow! So exciting!

Bealos well done for bringing attention to this important issue. Not only homebirths but overall maternity care is being scaled down - when I was in hosp the midwives said they were understaffed but no more were being hired.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now