Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2013.....we're halfway there! (Part 5)

(1000 Posts)
bunnygirl80 Sun 02-Dec-12 01:50:50

Our newest home!

Old thread here

Stats thread here

BonaDea Thu 03-Jan-13 12:43:09

Also - and I know you are saying this is made better by being in bed, but if you are not already using one, get a pillow between those legs to support you in bed. I bought the dream genii one early on. I confess I actually hate it, but it has really worked. I was in agony weeks 14-18 and was thinking I had to put up with it for the next 26 weeks (!) but the pillow has totally eradicated the pain I had.

Missmuffet28 Thu 03-Jan-13 14:27:20

Hey all hope all is ok!

So I actually quite enjoyed watching obem! I did look away a few times to stop myself becoming emotional hehe but I did quite enjoy it after stressing about whether to watch it! And i have warned dp that if he is as wet as the partner of the hippy type humming woman if rather he wasn't there lol!! Even dp was shouting its on the bloody wall you idiot!

Glad there is more great news of mama and little Alexander I can't wait to hear from her bet her family are so proud of them!

Had a normal result for my urine sample so not sure what the protein was?! Also means I have no uti so just got to put up with wanting to pee constantly grr! Physio on Tuesday I'm looking forward to that I think, if it take my aching foof away!
And left a message on Monday for midwife to call me back, still haven't heard anything, good job its not important! Only wanted matb1 and exemption certificate!

25+4 smile

ratbagcatbag Thu 03-Jan-13 18:34:02

Hi all

Great news on Mama and Alexander!

I totally bought the moses basket, it was in such fab condition, I didn't even argue on the price, it matches everything I've got and I just thought sod it, I'm buying lots of bits second hand, including a quinny buzz, so just buy the damn thing that matches. DH didn't even come in to look at it as he rightly pointed out his opinion wouldn't have made a difference anyway smile

EssexWelsh Thu 03-Jan-13 20:28:29

Thanks for the advice, the bath was amazing, but only when in it, the pillow between the legs works like a charm, so simple!! Problem I have is I can get comfy so just a bit achey in the pelvis and down my left thigh but the second I move position it is sheer agony! Does it get better if I waddle about a bit, but only feels better when lying in position.

Has meant I have had a lazy day and watched 6 episodes of Homeland after everyone is raving about it and taken me all day in 5 minute bursts to take down the decs from tree and from any that were waist level.

Hope everyone else is having a more productive day smile

Dysgu Thu 03-Jan-13 20:50:10

I find a bath really helps the pain but yes Essex only when in it and getting out is a task and a half! Is also strange to see just how far the water level goes down when I get out; I lost over a stone in the first trimester due to sickness and am now only back up to my starting weight - but I must be carrying it all differently...

I spent the second morning in a row at the hospital clinic talking about all aspects of my previous pregnancies as part of this research into prematurity. There is no reason for my girls coming early so everyone is really interested to see what happens this time and then it will be interesting to see whether I actually have the medication or the placebo to see if that might make/ have made a difference.

My biggest DD arrived at 5lb 9oz so I am worried now that this one is going to be late and huge.

Giddypants Thu 03-Jan-13 21:22:00

Saw midwife this morning, all looking good, measuring well and good heartbeat, have some more bloods to take, I'll get someone at work to do it!

My back and pelvis are also achey, I have another physio appointment on the 14th, but I think I'll be going off sick before then everyone keeps telling me to but I don't want to let people down, and I also need to find out if they could start my mat leave early if I went off. Will be ringing HR in the morning I think.

I have a growth scan next week I think this one is going to be a little bruiser! DS was so placid in the womb, and is relatively laid back, but this one is non stop, think he's going to be on the go from the start!

27+5

SneezySnatcher Thu 03-Jan-13 22:05:01

Hello all. Great to hear an update on Mama.

I ended up at the day unit today as I'd felt no movement all day. They listened to the HB and did BP and all was fine, but they didn't do a trace as they don't do them until 28 weeks. I was told to come straight in if it happens again as they will want to do a scan. Having a bit of movement now, but I went a good ten hours without anything, despite the usual tricks to get him moving!

The MW was shocked that I hadn't been passed on to a consultant yet (had PE in last pregnancy) so she wrote in my notes for my usual MW to get it sorted! I must admit that she, although lovely, seems quite relaxed about this - despite my history and the fact my BP has gone up earlier this time.

In other news, DH has been diagnosed with diabetes (runs in his family) so that has been a bit stressful. I'm also a bit concerned that this means DD (and this DC) will develop it.

26+5

Crazytictac Thu 03-Jan-13 22:12:04

Hi ladies and bumps

This thread goes so fast I lose track. Happy new year to you all! Great news about Mama and Alexander, I think of them often. Sorry to hear some of you are in so much discomfort. It sounds miserable, tea and sympathy from me!

Think my bump has grown overnight as my coat is tighter today and even DH exclaimed that bump was huge this evening. He never, ever makes any comment on my size so must be bad wink.

Can I test the water on these names please. Too wimpish to put on the main baby names board.

Boy
Gabriel
Hugh

Girl
Beatrice
Elizabeth

25 +6

Trishstar Thu 03-Jan-13 22:16:32

Love Gabriel and Beatrice best!

I wish I hadn't posted on the name board as people were quite mean/rude about our little mans name!

EssexWelsh Thu 03-Jan-13 22:48:36

I love all those names, but fav are Hugh (spelt Huw-the welsh way wink) and Beatrice, but honestly like the others too.

usernamegoeshere Thu 03-Jan-13 23:18:23

I like Elizabeth & Hugh best!

Elizabeth is on my short-list as well, was actually OH suggestion but he seems to have gone off it while I'm almost convinced that its her name now.

SneezySnatcher Thu 03-Jan-13 23:47:28

Love Beatrice and Hugh! Gorgeous.

Our shortlist (which I have put on the baby names board) is:

Edward
Edmund
Frederick
Frank
Jonah
George
Arthur
Theodore

aufaniae Fri 04-Jan-13 00:41:23

Ugh. Lying down makes my heartburn come back. The heartburn makes my head feel funny too, anyone else getting this?

I just want to sleep!

Fluffeh Fri 04-Jan-13 06:56:58

Elizabeth and Hugh are lovely. I know a few Elizabeth's, some use shorter versions, but they are all beautiful people.
I love Jonah, it was on our boys short list as its traditional but not too popular.
Insomnia is driving me crazy! I haven't slept longer than 3 hours in weeks. I'm falling asleep by 10pm but wide awake again around 12-1am. I've tried staying up as late as possible but I'm still awake at the same time ugh!
I finally got some heartburn relief yesterday. I had a gp appt and luckily it was the gp who had a baby less than 6 months ago and she prescribed what had worked for her, chewable gaviscon. They taste awful but I had no heartburn for almost 2 hours yay!

JaquelineHyOnChristmasSpirit Fri 04-Jan-13 09:14:15

Morning one and all

Lovely names mentioned so far and not a million miles away from the name we have chosen which is...

Hugo Arthur <surname>

It may change before I am due but this combination appears to have stuck although I may pick a different middle name because if we ever have another and it's a boy I would want Arthur as a first name.

Other names on the shortlist are...

Theodore
Benjamin
Oscar
Louis

My other DS is a George Nicholas and other names I would have chosen such as Edward, Henry and Alexander have already been used in my family in the last few years.

BonaDea Fri 04-Jan-13 09:20:18

Oh dear, Elizabeth is on my shortlist too! Wondering if it is going to be too popular (though I kind of think with classic names it shouldn't matter). We would shorten to Ellie or Lizzie I think.

I also like Gabriel, though DH not so keen and also my step mother is called Gabrielle, so thought it might be a bit too close for comfort for my mum!

URGH - someone asked me at work yesterday if I was sure I wasn't having TRIPLETS. Not twins, TRIPLETS. She is actually someone I like and who normally wouldn't say anything derogatory, so I have really taken it to heart and now feel like an elephant. I assured her I was positive there was only one in there. sad

27+2

lavicious Fri 04-Jan-13 09:48:19

Hello every1. Thanks 4inviting me on this discussion I'm in my 24th week and think all I need is to talk. I'm from south africa and this is my first pregnancy.I will read all ur stories so I can get to know you. Excited

Teapig Fri 04-Jan-13 09:53:24

I think Elizabeth is lovely and I love the shortenings of Lizzie or Ellie. I have a close relative with the name so had to keep it off our list.

crazy, Hugo and Elizabeth are my favourites from your list but all four names are lovely.

sneezy, I love the name Theodore.

I posted our name choices on the baby name board and although some thought they were awful it helped narrow down our list. We're still trying to decide between

Fionnuala Olive
Ilsa Ottilie

I do really like the name Fionnuala (pronounced Fin-oo-la) and it's DH's favourite but I'm a little concerned about giving our LO a name that's hard for people to say and spell.

Sending best wishes to all those having discomfort, hope it eases up very soon.

Trishstar Fri 04-Jan-13 10:00:09

Teapig I love your names!

Some people liked our boy name but most blasted it!

We are going to call our little man

Hunter Isaac <surname>

A girl would have been/will hopefully be one day!

Skylar Katie

Trishstar Fri 04-Jan-13 10:00:59

Welcome lavicious

The ladies here are fab!

lavicious Fri 04-Jan-13 10:20:17

Thank you. I'm loving the names here but I like gabriel and elizabeth.

usernamegoeshere Fri 04-Jan-13 10:33:01

welcome Lavicious

I have cough/cold. Feel awful but I have to go out today. Will pop into Boots & beg for something to help me. It feels like a chest infection but is originating quite low down on my lungs and I don't think I can cough enough without a mixture to help me!

Am pretty sick of always being something wrong with me now, if men got pregnant it would be 9 months of rest & counselling with intermittent cinema trips on good days.

26 weeks today!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 04-Jan-13 10:41:32

user you need to see a doctor if its low down! It's likely to be a bacterial chest infection. Boots can offer very, very little (says the girl who's had a sore throat/cold for 10 days now!).

Welcome Lavicious, what's your due date? You must be near me (23rd April?!).

I like all those names - DH would say Hugh is too posh (well he said that about Elizabeth but its on the short list). Teapig is your surname easy to spell? Ours has a couple of options, people assume the wrong one so I want a straightforward first name!

24+3

lavicious Fri 04-Jan-13 10:55:20

I'm due 27 april

lavicious Fri 04-Jan-13 11:11:25

I'm 23 +5

This thread is not accepting new messages.