Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Late July & could easily be August 2013 so I'm sitting on the fence

(13 Posts)
Huffpot Sun 09-Dec-12 14:57:53

Oh and the secret is awful to keep - so hard to over Christmas when everyone is trying to get you to drink sigh

I have an awful time having needles too since having children my veins have nearly disappeared

Huffpot Sun 09-Dec-12 14:56:13

alittlebithohoholly its a very close age gap. Both were happy accidents and meant to be. With my eldest they discovered a cyst on my ovary and it got so big they had to operate when I was 9 weeks pregnant with DS2.

It grew back again so had it removed and most of my ovary in May so this will be my first cyst free pregnancy grin

To be honest DS1 and DS2 can't ever remember the other not being there so I've not had any jealousy to deal with whereas friends with a larger gap have.

Am hoping new bub just slots in. They're both starting nursery in September so will be interesting being with only a baby

alittlebithohoholy Fri 07-Dec-12 22:54:27

Wow Huffpot, they are pretty close in age - I'll have to get your tips on how to acclimatise DD to the new world!

Well I'm glad that week is over, it seemed to last forever.
The community Midwife is still lovely, and remembered me straight away from last time. She figured my due date as 24th but we'll have to wait for the dating scan.
I'd forgotten how difficult it was to find my veins for the blood tests - end up making separate trips to the path lab every time. Sigh.

Is anyone else finding it hard to keep secret? I am so paranoid this week as 2 people at work have asked if I'm pregnant. I flat out denied it but I'm really a terrible liar.

On the plus side Boymeets I've just discovered smoked salmon is still on the menu for Christmas smile

Huffpot Tue 04-Dec-12 08:54:14

Thanks alittlebitcountry.
DS1is 3 and DS2 is 2.
Am really looking forward to telling them to see their reaction.

I must make a doctors appointment today to book everything in

Congratulations Huffpot, what ages are your other DC?

Off for my booking app't with the midwife later, that will make it all real.

Congratulations Huffpot, what ages are your other DC?

Off for my booking app't with the midwife later, that will make it all real.

Huffpot Mon 03-Dec-12 20:23:34

Hi. I just got my BFP and my estimated due date is 29th July and both DC before were 2 weeks over so possibly August here too

BoyMeetsWorld Mon 03-Dec-12 07:12:26

Oh I know! We were frantically googling 'Christmas menu for pregnancy' yesterday - Christmas food really isn't pregnancy friendly!

Cheers all round grin and a toast - brew

Now its sunk in a bit more some of the downsides are occurring to me re timing.
Things like,
Almost completely Tee-total at Christmas. Not that I'm a massive drinker these days, but still bah humbug!
No pate or blue cheese - and at Christmas too - sob envy.
catching up with more people than any other time and keeping schtum until February.
Most whale like at the height of summer......

BoyMeetsWorld Sat 01-Dec-12 09:55:22

Hurrah & congrats - me too, I'm 27th July but DS1 was late so think I could be Aug too...

Thankyou Suzy.
Currently also dealing with DD's Peppa obsession grin.

Yay, congratulations!

Mostly I just needed to tell someone I just got a bfp.
DH is at work & its not fair to tell anyone else in RL before him.

The calculator gave me 28th July as a due date so could easily be either month.

Oh goodness here we go again. (DD is 21 months).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now