Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2012, 'Christmas rush' has a different meaning for us this year!

(993 Posts)

Thought we should have a shiny new thread.

Clarella Sat 01-Dec-12 05:02:38

Lol dp honey!

Ooo bella maybe it is?! Hope so.

No body mentioned my cervix till the actual sweep at 40+1 and unless they do an internal for some reason (eg going into labour, checking how dilated or something else to do with consultant care) I'm not sure they do?

I've had my hopes up/freaked out so many times in the last 4 weeks with niggles and pains and contractions I'm starting to think I'll ignore anything that does start happening!

Sorry there's so many people with colds. It makes it just so crap and I agree you really don't feel like doing the labour thing. I'm still feeling very oddly woozy but no actual cold symptoms other than watery eyes. Hoping I'm fighting it.

EggsMichelle Sat 01-Dec-12 04:16:23

Bella it's getting exciting for you! I'm also relieved its not my turn today, this cold is making me feel terrible, not had a cold this bad in years! I'm hungry too but scared ill be making frequent toilet trips again.

Watching deep blue sea, such a cheesy film!

Bellaboo123 Sat 01-Dec-12 04:14:59

Still getting the pain MW said try and sleep...that's not happening!!!

DP has gone back to sleep!blush

emily I agree you get more answers here than from MW!

Will keep you all posted!

HoneyMum21 Sat 01-Dec-12 04:14:56

Running out of space again. New thread here

MaMaPo Sat 01-Dec-12 04:09:07

Lovely news Bella - sounds like your December baby is going to be very prompt!

Glad mine isn't - just woke up to find my husband still out with his workmates. At least he picked up when I phoned and promises he isn't too drunk... He might as well enjoy it while he can!

emilyeggs Sat 01-Dec-12 04:07:40

Thanks terry I get more answers hear than from mw honey grin tell him he forgot the yoghurt ! Lol

HoneyMum21 Sat 01-Dec-12 04:02:18

Sounds like it might be bella. Good luck!

Bellaboo123 Sat 01-Dec-12 03:31:55

Not sure if it's the start of something...had a hot curry for dinner and then woke up at 1145 with a bad tummy...tmi...didn't really go but just very crampy. Kept getting up for the loo but nothing really happening except low tummy and back pain. Felt a bit of a leak and had trickle down my leg of water...sorry again tmi...and now I'm regularly getting pain every 10 mins. Still feeling a bit leaky. Have call hospital who think I may be in early stages but have said stay home for as long as poss and call in a hour. Eeek...is this it???

Could this be it or is it BH?

MyDaydream Fri 30-Nov-12 23:42:40

Nobody has talked to me about my cervix yet although my notes say 3/5th engaged. Seeing midwife on Wednesday so maybe there'll be cervix talk then.
For all my plans of playing ill this evening I actually started to feel it before DP got home. We have a full range of symptoms between us, he's doing swollen glands and throat issues and I'm doing sinus and head! I see us both waking up in the morning with stinking colds. MIL is taking the blame for this one if it happens, although I'll bravely soldier on (and only call her the bad words in my head).

HoneyMum21 Fri 30-Nov-12 23:34:00

emily DH just wondered in and said (after seeing your post about where cervix should be) 'it should be next to the dates, raspberry tea and epo, shouldn't it?' Bless him. He has been listening!

Clarella Fri 30-Nov-12 23:20:14

fx for you too this wknd cashmere!

Clarella Fri 30-Nov-12 23:17:33

Hope so too cherry!!! fx for you! I imagine (given how much chatter there can be) might be on the next new thread!

cashmere Fri 30-Nov-12 23:16:04

2nd DS is 2 1/2. So though I'm 3/5 apparently baby can bob up and down. Really want to have this one at a weekend so DH is around. Sweep booked for 41 +2 so no idea what state my cervix is in and don't fancy poking around myself. If I'm still preg then I've asked for a really sweepy sweep!

Clarella Fri 30-Nov-12 23:13:55

Emily, it's only now that the explanations of fetal positions on the spinning babies websites have made any sense at all - explains the roa etc

cherrypiew3 Fri 30-Nov-12 23:12:01

When I saw the doctor on on Wednesday she said I was 3/5 engaged and 2cm dilated. Have spent most of the day today loosing what I think is my plug and have a dull backache now or though it is not painful. I really hope this is the start of something.

Clarella After going overdue in my last 3 pregnancies this time round when people have asked me my due date I have just told them the amount of weeks I left and have not given any dates. Hopefully things will kick off for you soon.

Sounds like all you ladies that have finished work today have had a good day.

Clarella Fri 30-Nov-12 23:10:36

I'm assuming -3 ceph just means 'equal to or below 3/5' so including 2/5 and 1/5. But 2 diff mw said they can all feel diff things plus baby might move in and out a little bit. (Stab in the dark)

Clarella Fri 30-Nov-12 23:06:45

I only know about the cervix from the sweep - naive me thought mw could tell me separately from sweep but they're sort of one and the same - if she can't reach it for sweep its not really ready, if she can she can do and tell more (bishops score)

Didn't know any of this last week!!!!

Oh and free just means the head isn't engaged, so floating free above the brim of the pelvis.

Clarella Fri 30-Nov-12 23:03:47

Cashmere is it your first or second dc?

Have to say the 'due date' thing is such as weird non event I wish they were a bit vaguer ' youre roughly around this week' would be more manageable - I seem to feel a little embarrassed now when people say 'when are you due' and I reply I'm over or last Monday. Firstly it feels like I'm late handing in some paperwork thing and apologising to them and secondly their eyes kind of glaze over a bit and they hurriedly wish me luck as if I'm actually in labour then- before edd it was expressed with more excitement!

Emily- ceph just means head down, short for 'cephalic'
ROA means right occiput anterior. So baby is head down, lying with its back on your front right.

giraffe213 Fri 30-Nov-12 23:00:15

Nesting from the sofa is definitely the way to go grin! I was feeling energetic and domesticated this afternoon so spent less than half an hour cleaning and dusting in the bathroom... then was tired and spent about 2 hours recovering!

emilyeggs Fri 30-Nov-12 22:55:54

Just looked in my notes and it says ceph roa free hmm off to google that

emilyeggs Fri 30-Nov-12 22:54:03

What does 3 ceph mean? How come I don't know what I am? No one has mentioned my cervix....or where it should be? confused

Giraffe, that was me with the Internet shopping- grin nesting from the sofa!

cashmere Fri 30-Nov-12 22:41:58

I'm okay, the plan this weekend is to do as little as possible. I'm hoping that this will make baby decide is a nice safe time to come!
Still planning a homebirth....hope it doesn't seem too surreal in reality though. Our boiler broke last night but thankfully had been fixed this am. Had row with DH as he just said 'oh well we'll get it sorted tomorrow' in a blasé way. Last night it gelt like a catastrophe!

The texts have started. I'm trying to view it in terms of the fact that if peeps showed no interest I'd be upset. However, as due date approaches it does make me feel like I'm somehow failing...which is a bizarre way to think/feel. Hormones I guess!

Oh and I'm 3/5ths and loads of sharp pains. It seems that all these signs mean 'labour is imminent OR a couple weeks away'!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now