Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - the thread where Detective's baby arrives

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 19-Nov-12 11:02:14
StuntNun Fri 07-Dec-12 14:09:13

MummyToBe hasn't been on for ages. I wonder if that means something's happening.

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Fri 07-Dec-12 14:41:39

Good luck for Monday clarella, you'll be fine and remember, if you need an epidural, get one. The spinal I had changed my life!

H

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Fri 07-Dec-12 14:42:12

Hope all is well mummytobe

StuntNun Fri 07-Dec-12 22:46:49

Gosh it's quiet here. Where are all the people that are usually desperate to finish a thread?

Tumbleweed rolls past

Clarella Fri 07-Dec-12 23:01:13

I've bugger all to report. Did do a good 4 or 5.mile walk though, lots of ups and downs and steps. Why would all my bhs completelystop at this point? Were they positioning baby?

Iheartpasties Sat 08-Dec-12 00:44:14

clarella, sorry i dont know!

StuntNun Sat 08-Dec-12 03:10:04

That's an impressive distance for 40+ weeks Clarella! Does it feel like the baby has dropped yet?

Clarella Sat 08-Dec-12 07:29:40

Oh god baby was 3/5 at before 36 weeks even confirmed on scan, 1-2/5 at 40 and 1/5 at 41 but I know he'd been 1 quite a bit the week before. I know that's normal for first time mum's but still feels like its a bit too long! He's permanently been loa since about 32 weeks. I've never had much of an issue walking when he engaged and hips are the best they've ever been. It was a bit tricky at times yesterday when I needed a wee but weirdly it was the best I'd been able to keep to dhs pace for bloody ages! Feels like a Benjamin button pregnancy; I swear I had more signs things were ramping up 2 weeks ago than now.

I can't help wondering if the horrid gastric bug I had at 40 weeks sort of stopped things as messed up a load of hormones etc. Had lots of contraction type things as I recovered that week but it was from all the gut bruising and swelling and rehydrating as I retained water like a whale for a few days!

He's a procrastinator like me. And I have a stubborn cervix.

He's been very quiet so far this morning hope all is ok :/

Clarella Sat 08-Dec-12 07:35:54

Does anyone know - the mw at the hospital said a well engaged head would be having an effect on the cervix helping to release hormones etc which is why they encourage walking and sitting up right and bouncing etc. Its kind of why I thought give it a few more days till Monday. Is that right? I suppose it must be if she said it but I'd not heard that before!

StuntNun Sat 08-Dec-12 08:41:55

The pressure of baby's head on the cervix causes it to release prostaglandins which are involved in initiating labour.

Clarella Sat 08-Dec-12 09:08:14

Ah ok thanks stunt. Well hopefully it'll be further on in a couple of days smile I'm obviously one of those 42 weekers which is odd as my mum had me at 38 and my sister at 40.

More walking and bouncing today then. I'm desperate to go for a swim but I daren't in case I get a show!

Bryzoan Sat 08-Dec-12 09:25:32

I would go for a swim if you want to. Chances of anything happening in the short time you'll be in the pool are slim. Tummy bug could well have slowed things down. But try not to worry and overthink. Rest well, eat well, enjoy your last 2 days. You know it will beacon now whatever - and whenever it happens you'll need the energy!

Bryzoan Sat 08-Dec-12 09:27:04

It will be soon now - not beacon!

Clarella Sat 08-Dec-12 09:50:33

Thanks bry! Im actually really mega chilled out not really mulling just was getting so used to braxton hicks, pootractions etc but it's all gone! I'm always late. Several friends have pointed out if it's my baby I'll be late! Its like when I was the only girl at school not to have started her periods again (Was 16!)

How is everyone else? Baby brain really mashed now have we heard from mummytobe? On phone right now

Clarella Sat 08-Dec-12 09:53:03

Oh toomany yes will def be getting epidural if it goes to drip considering it for the internal exams

How are you?

Iheartpasties Sat 08-Dec-12 10:44:13

Nearly time for a new thread, you will have you baby soon Clarella! definitely on the next thread!! wooh!

Passmethecrisps Sat 08-Dec-12 12:37:29

Hi clarella.

I would go swimming too if I were you. What's the worst that can happen?

Clarella Sat 08-Dec-12 13:52:25

I can't get the visual of a show floating by out of my head! But yes I might fit one in later smile

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Sat 08-Dec-12 14:04:04

Go far a swim clarella, I never had a show until I was in full blown labour, hours after my waters broke. In fact, I had very little in the way of symptoms before labour started, it just happened.

I'm feeling ok, in a bit of pain today and I need to relax which is frustrating as I really want to leave the house.

Clarella Sat 08-Dec-12 14:07:16

Yeah I'm thinking it will be quite nice actually. Will be amusing to tell anyone who asks how far on I am!

Oh dear toomany, hope you feel better soon flowers

Clarella Sat 08-Dec-12 16:30:39

Have been for a swim. Nothing happened. grin

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Sat 08-Dec-12 17:05:24

Right, next dtd. If your ready to go it'll start you off.

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Sat 08-Dec-12 17:05:52

You're!

TheDetective Sat 08-Dec-12 17:17:23

I loved being asked how far along I was. The looks when I said I was 11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19... days over was priceless!!

Is anyone starting a new thread for the last arrivals grin.

Never mind, we'll all be together again in the next couple of days!!!

Glad I was due at start of the month, could you imagine if I'd been 20 days late, but due at end of the month!!! HAAAA!!

Iheartpasties Sat 08-Dec-12 17:25:03

Last post?

This thread is not accepting new messages.