Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2012 - Christmas is coming and we're all getting fat

(986 Posts)

New thread people, can't link as we ran out of room

Clarella Fri 23-Nov-12 11:33:38

Hi hoping you're ok spotty, caught up on thread last night (plus epic fail lost post attempt) after stupid busy couple of days, so sorry to hear whats been happening - hope dd gets to see u soon and all is ok xxxx

MyDaydream Fri 23-Nov-12 10:37:41

mamapo I've been feeling like I've been coming down with something on and off for weeks. I've put it down to a strange symptom rather than actually coming down with anything.
spotty I hope your okay and someone brings DD to see you soon.
My brain is nesting it just can't get my body to cooperate. I lay in bed thinking of things I'm going to do the next day and nothing happens! I was kinda relying on DP having December off so I could boss him about but he's working now. I need to sand down and paint some drawers but now I'm thinking of just cleaning them up and leaving the painting until next summer when we plan to decorate the nursery properly.

stacks I feel for you. I'm dreading the fact mil will be in our house looking after dcs when I go into labour, so even though I want to slob about I can't as I'm having to keep on top of the housework or she'd have a hissy fit if it wasn't clean/tidy!

New thread here

HoneyMum21 Fri 23-Nov-12 09:50:40

My god, we're almost through another thread already! I'm on phone so can't do a new one at the min.

Stacks Fri 23-Nov-12 09:44:40

I was forced into some nesting yesterday. Our house is usually quite messy disorganised as I'm naturally messy, and DH thinks evenings and weekends are for relaxing, which means there's no time for tidying unless its just me doing it. Anyway, had guests over last night, so had to tidy the whole downstairs. Including washing kitchen and bathroom floors on hands and knees, as mopping hurts my hips sad

I found I was actually less tired all day yesterday than I have been in weeks. Slept better last night too. House is nice today, much more relaxing sitting in a tidy room. Unfortunately I hid a lot of "where does this live?" stuff in the nursery, so now have the mega awkward job of sorting that out.

Spotty hope you don't find the labour ward too bad to stay on. Do you have magazines and stuff to keep you distracted? You should be able to get someone to bring DD to you for a visit surely?

Glad a few people seem to have slept better last night, but sorry some are coming down with colds. Honey and Brooke thanks for breast feeding info, advice and bra recommendations.

MaMaPo Fri 23-Nov-12 09:30:05

Morning all - hope they can sort you out, spotty, and send you home. Fingers crossed.

Feeling less ill now than at 6am - thank goodness - but glad I only have 4 more days at work. The commute is getting tougher - it's 3 tubes, 45 mins each way. This morning the friendly Underground employee bustled me onto a packed Tube calling 'We have a pregnant lady here, someone please give up a seat for this pregnant woman!' I got a seat. It was only slightly mortifying.

House guests this weekend. I love them but I'm slightly dreading how busy we'll be. I just have to remember that at 37 weeks I'm allowed to opt out of traipsing all over London with them!

WeeJo08 Fri 23-Nov-12 09:20:50

Happy Friday everyone! Hope your DD is able to visit you, Spotty - surely with a private room it shouldn't be a problem. Alison With you on the Baileys...Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without it!

PurplePidjin Fri 23-Nov-12 09:15:19

Spotty, tell her you need to concentrate and will get dh to ring with news. Mine got short shrift off me when she rang the ward - i hung up on her to have a contraction!

I had 4 hours sleep!!!

AlisonDB Fri 23-Nov-12 08:59:36

That sounds positively lethal!! Lol

Mmmmmmmm I have a big bottle of Baileys with my name on it, waiting in the cupboard can't wait to have some!!!

That sounds rank!! Lol

I'm sure they would let her smile pretty sure my step mum won't want to drive all the way here though...

Mmm cider with WKD grin

I can't see how they can keep you on labour ward for a whole day, in a private room, without letting your dd come and see you.

Ooo found some cider buried in the cupboard, I don't like cider and DH is t total hmm so dd is taking that and ds is taking becks blue. Not that it matters to me, I don't get any cats bum mouths as I don't enter the school. Dd walks from the gates to the ks2 building on her own, then walks back to ds's class after school. And ds goes into school alone so as soon as the doors open so I turn around and walk home! Lol I'm a neglectful mother!

Argh my mum is annoying me she just wants to know everything and I can't be stated to tell her. She likes to think we're close but we're not. Sorry that sounds really mean! And my stupid sister is going on about using a pool and not needing lain relief and it's my choice not the drs blah blah blah fuck off.

Hope everyone has a nice day grin remember to pack those bags!! Dp is at work anyway <sigh>

utopian99 Fri 23-Nov-12 08:15:58

spotty how are you doing this morning?Any word on letting dd come to see you?

Secondsop Fri 23-Nov-12 08:15:14

Hi all hope you are all ok this morning especially spotty. Did you get your mcmuffin? I haven't really had cravings his pregnancy apart from an occasional DESPERATE urge for sausage and egg mcmuffins. There's a McDonald's not far from the hospital and I keep making my husband take me there on the way to appointments, but have managed to stay off them the last couple of weeks or so as I near the end.

utopian my baby has sometimes been very sleepy when I've been on the monitors and I've found that a cold drink (has to be COLD -
room temperature water won't do) plus a change of position wakes him up. Either that or, if I'm coming up to a mealtime, eating a sandwich wakes him up too. I can't have anything sugary cos of GD but that is also meant to be effective. But as ever, if you're worried ring up the midwives - they'd rather see you 20 times even if just to tell you it's ok.

utopian99 Fri 23-Nov-12 08:14:48

grin to the becks blue stacey

Have had a bit of movement overnight now, think people were right about him resting. Dh said he woke up in the night too while i was asleep and checked the bump and felt some wriggling, so will stop stressing.. Sorry!

AlisonDB Fri 23-Nov-12 08:12:38

Spotty. Hope you managed to get done sleep last night,
And really hope they let DP bring Dd in to see you.
Just put it on them that the stress of not seeing DD for do long cant be helping you or baby relax! If you have your own room I can't see what the problem is,

DS had another bad dream last night, so frustrating I really thought that when we had our big talk on Wednesday night and he slept through that we'd cracked it,
But no looks like we are back at the beginning again! Pffffffff!!!

Thank crunchie it's Friday and tomorrow is Saturday!!

ellliebelle Fri 23-Nov-12 08:11:40

spotty hope you managed some sleep and get to see dd today i really dont know how we would cope if i had to be admitted before baby was born.

Pork hasnt bothered me this pregnancy but with dd2 i couldnt smell it cooking or eat it. To me it smelt 'fleshy' even though i can seat it again the memory still makes me cringe sad

mamapo hope you are feeling ok this morning

utopian hope you felt some movement last night?

I saidbi wasnt feeling the heat yestetday then had to strip off in the night i was so sweaty. Wasnt nice this morning when i woke up freezing

Yeah stuck on labour ward. But at least I have my own room!

Lol spotty I hope they let dd visit. Surely they won't leave you on labour ward until sat (other women giving birth would annoy me)?

Well I didn't sleep well until 3 but then went straight through to 7 so I feel slightly refreshed. Dcs have mufti day today and the price is 'bring a bottle for the bottle tombola, I forgot to buy any so they are taking a bottle of becks blue (alcohol free) lol.

We've got severe gale and rain warnings here! Person in room next door is having their baby. Is it too late to change my mind? I don't think I fancy the pain..... wink

Walnut8 Fri 23-Nov-12 06:33:02

I hope they let DD visit spotty - surely they will? I guess if there is a bright side, you'll have a bit of a rest?

Have fun on your last day bella.

Hope lo moved utopian and you are catching up on some sleep.

Fingers crossed you arent sick mamapo ... I've had sore throat for about a week, luckily nothing else.

Just saw that its going to be hot here all weekend ... beach weather just makes me grumpy atm grin

Wish I had the crazy nesting thing. Just smashed a glass (so clumsy) and now forced to vac the house. It's no fun sweeping up glass with a dustpan and broom at this stage, when you can't even get on your knees.

Bellaboo123 Fri 23-Nov-12 06:18:08

Sp coat not cost!

Bellaboo123 Fri 23-Nov-12 06:17:42

manapo I'm with you...don't know about u but I'm baking hot so hardly wearing a cost - must've caught up with me as stuffy nose and horrid throat! Irgh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now