Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

The 2nd broadly Gemini luxury bus.

(1000 Posts)

Welcome aboard, for the trip that will take us into the 2nd trimester and beyond, Make yourself comfy as we head towards maternity clothes, new bras, blooming, bumps, scans, and fading ms. Full of chatting, moaning tmi and mutual support.

Here is the link to our last bus.

OhThePlacesYoullGo Tue 01-Jan-13 10:48:56

Happy New Year! BF and I were out till 4am last night and for whatever reason I am awake already. Gah. It was really fun though and BF didn't drink either out of solidarity.

Jojobells1986 Haha I guess (hope) I will be ok in that department. BF parents are ridiculously rich, but pretty aware of the world and socially engaged... Here's hoping they don't turn to me in utter shock and horror when I will explain that there is e.g., no way our baby will need a £750 pram, but will have make due with the budget version. :D
Had to laugh at this Just had a shower & am suddenly aware that my ever expanding stomach is increasingly hairy & my breasts have an attractive green hue thanks to all the enormous veins that have surfaced! Wow, pregnancy is glamorous!. That has not happened to me yet, though I am getting increasingly fat. I am very slim normally, so my belly is pretty noticeable already.

FrustratedSycamoreSnowflake Tue 01-Jan-13 10:54:02

Ah but some of the foam wheels pick up stones. wink

I think it all depends on your situation and what you need from it: what size is your car boot, do you get buses, are you city or county... Are you tall, not tall, have DCs already... Etc, End of the day it's what you like and can afford.
Like kittens said its a mine field.

FrustratedSycamoreSnowflake Tue 01-Jan-13 11:00:07

* Wow, pregnancy is glamorous!. That has not happened to me yet, though I am getting increasingly fat.*
places I look like a house already! I'm huge! reckon I'm carrying too much fluid again, but never been this huge so early before despite extra fluid last time, and only a 7lb-er then That and my nipples seemed to have trippled in size. Pure glam me. grin

OhThePlacesYoullGo Tue 01-Jan-13 11:04:08

How many kids do you have FrustratedSycamoreSnowflake? I want to have a big family (though baby will have to wait quite a few more years for siblings).

FrustratedSycamoreSnowflake Wed 02-Jan-13 07:56:39

I have 2dds places one of whom decided that 2am was a good time to start the day and she can't be left unsupervised yawn.

Thunderthunderthundercats Wed 02-Jan-13 09:41:50

Goodness it's quieter here than it used to be! Ok we'll I just wanted to say hello and wish you all well. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your pregnancies. All good things to you for 2013! Take care x x x

Lorelei353 Wed 02-Jan-13 09:46:48

Hi Thunder. I think most of us aren't back in gear after Christmas/New Year. I tried to stay offline quite a lot personally. Lovely to hear from you and hope wonderful things happen for you in 2013 xx.

Lorelei353 Wed 02-Jan-13 09:50:15

So hairy bellies around here eh? Not quite happening to me yet but probably will. I have thick dark hair generally so am bound to find it spreading. So much to look forward to!

Kittens I'd heard that about the Chameleon bag at the bottom but I gather it's only really an issue in the early days, when it's in a pram/cot setup. I think once you start using it as a buggy it's okay. It is a bit of a concern though. We live in Central London so don't have a car. Shopping is mostly done by walking to local supermarket and back (except for a Zipcar jaunt to Asda every few weeks). I do think overall it's a good one for us, getting around London.

Lor I have thick dark hair too but never got a hairy ( er) belly last time, nor did I get the brown line and my skin is olive ish and thought I would so you may be surprised!
I think the bag is worse with the cot but it is still pretty naff with the pram bit too ( I go out with dsis all the time) its aqward and small but she tends to hang shopping bags on her break handle ( you can't do that on mine) so there's ways around it, you will find faults with all but apart from that I've never known anyone say they regret/ would change it, most friends love theirs so u think you'll be happy with it, think you can get shopping clips aswell so maybe invest in one for the other side too?
Merry Xmas thunder- how was your Xmas and new year? X

FrustratedSycamoreSnowflake Wed 02-Jan-13 11:18:28

Hey thunder <waves>

No hairy belly here. Or the line. (Never had the line)

On the pram thing though If you've not bought it yet though go to a shop and take a bag etc and try it out with both the cot and seat and see what you think
If that's an important factor to you you want to make sure it fits for your needs as you will use it alot more then dh!

Thunderthunderthundercats Wed 02-Jan-13 11:36:01

Oh hi ladies!

Yeah it was ok thanks kittens, not the best ever but it was fine. And you can all rest assured that I consumed enough wine, cheese and pâté for all of us here.

Back to work today, yuck! I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, but at least my energy levels are better than they were previously. Am back on the ttc horse now so I do hope 2013 brings me good things too!

Good luck with all the pram shopping it looks like a total minefield, so I don't envy you that task! Are you all blooming now?

Glad you took advantage of the alcohol thunder, a dry Xmas is never the best, I timed it to perfection with dd and got pregnant at the end of December so fx for you too, I found the festivities and alcohol helped!!
Not sure I'd describe myself as blooming but it is a lovely point where I'm not feeling Ill or huge but can feel little kitten move everyday now grin your spots still gona be waiting for your return thunder x

Lorelei353 Wed 02-Jan-13 13:14:00

Sounds like you ate and drank enough for us thunder and for that we thank you. Alcohol-free Christmas was definitely a new experience for me and I would've LOVED some pate!

Not sure blooming is the right word here yet either but it is great to be free of nausea and most of my aversions are gone now too. Definitely have more energy. I'm SO excited to be starting pregnancy yoga next week. I really miss yoga!

Kitten jealous that you have so much movement. I'm not feeling anything yet but only 17+3 and a first timer so it'll come.

Librarina Wed 02-Jan-13 13:33:10

Hi everyone.

I went for the Chameleon because it suited what I wanted, I felt like I needed decent wheels and chassis as I will be walking a lot and I wanted a proper laydown pram as well as a chair that could face both ways. I find it comfy to push and it looks comfy for baby too. There are plenty in good condition on eBay for half what they cost new. Hopefully I will be pushing many fat babies around in mine for a long time.

My nipples are not green fortunately, but I have shocking bump ache and I had to have a blood test this morning to see if I've been exposed to slapped cheek so am a bit worried about that. Glad everyone had a good new year, I was up till 3 playing Singstar and drinking virgin cocktails.

Lorelei353 Wed 02-Jan-13 13:44:08

Gosh Librarina I had to google it to see what you were talking about as I've never heard of it. Hope you get an all clear.

Oh lib that sounds worrying, hope you get the all clear!
Lor- it wont be long, I felt dd from 19 wks exactly first time, felt this one a few times at just before 16wks the same the next week and it's only the last 3 days it's been every day and more often and I'm 19wks today so bar feeling her a few times earlier it's been almost identical for consistent movement, it is the best thing in the world though grin

Well done on the singstar till 3 though!!! Your a hardcore preggers lady showing us up wink

Jojobells1986 Wed 02-Jan-13 16:40:24

Just got back from having an ECG. No idea if it showed anything because the doctor was too busy with other patients to look at it! sad Apparently I'll get a phone call if there is anything to be concerned about so 'no news is good news'! So that's me sitting by the phone for the rest of the day! Hmph! I wanted a nap!

Lorelei353 Wed 02-Jan-13 16:45:08

Oh Jojo how stressful.
Hope it's all clear for you. Fingers crossed the phone doesn't ring.

Jojobells1986 Wed 02-Jan-13 16:52:36

I'm 99% sure it's nothing, I just have a fast pulse & palpitations. There's still that 1% uncertainty that I'd like to be able to lose! I mostly agreed to it because after my homebirth with DS I had to go into hosp & they didn't discharge me as early as they could have because my high pulse rate 'could indicate an infection'. I'd like to have medical records proving I normally have a high pulse rate to wave at them the next time I self-discharge! grin

Lorelei353 Wed 02-Jan-13 17:30:28

That sounds much better. My sister's a bit like that - and my mum. Generally high heart rate and occasional palpitations/flutters. Numerous ECGs etc. over the years and the consensus is 'you're just like that'. All good and healthy and safe. grin

In Jojo sad not really sure what an ECG involves, is it a heart monitor?? Atleast you know it's not uncommon for you to have a fast pulse etc but not nice for the worry

Jojobells1986 Wed 02-Jan-13 20:03:40

Yes, it produces a lovely line showing the heartbeat. In order to produce the line I had to strip my top half & have wires attached to stickers on my wrists, ankles, chest & around my left breast! Just had the dreaded phone call! She said it showed my heart was beating too fast.... Duh! She's decided that my slight shortness of breath during exercise, after a long period of inactivity & palpitations are so concerning that they can't wait for my appointment on Tuesday & absolutely must see me on Friday to discuss the bloods I had taken today! I can't see what the fuss is all about. I'm just unfit! grin

Jojobells1986 Wed 02-Jan-13 20:15:08

I am a little concerned that seeing my doctor won't help with my heart rate... He's rather dishy! blush Maybe I should've asked to see a woman instead but he's so lovely & the female doctors I've seen either seem a little abrupt/unfriendly or not very confidence-inspiring. My doctor probably isn't even 30 but he listens to what I say & is sympathetic! He also reminds me of Timmy on Rules of Engagement, except more attractive. I've been spending too much time watching trashy TV recently!

This thread is not accepting new messages.