Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Here come the PESH - over 3 years of hard fought baby wins!

(1000 Posts)
HaveALittleFaith Tue 18-Sep-12 13:52:35

The Not-list:

BESH BAYBEES

dontrythisathome, girl born March 25 2010.
Cheggers, twinz girlz, born April 2010.
FannyPriceless, boy, born June 8 2010.
CurlyCasper, girl, born June 24 2010.
CUNextTuesday, boy, born June 29 2010.
AlpinePony, boy, born 1 July 2010.
Carrots, boy, born July 2010.
IggyPiggy, girl, born July 2010.
Cosmosis, boy, born Sept 5 2010.
Backinthebox, boy, born Sept 7 2010.
Skatergrrrl, girl, born Sept 10 2010.
VAG, boy, born Oct 2 2010.
Silversky, boy, born Nov 1 2010.
SomethingSuitablyWitty, girl born Nov 2 2010.
Honeymoo, boy, born Nov 11 2010.
okiecokie, girl, born Nov 12 2010.
ReginaMonologue, boy, born Nov 13 2010.
Lightspaperstandback, boy, born Nov 14 2010.
Maswera, boy, born Dec 24 2010.
PollyPoo, girl, born Jan 5 2011.
MrsFC, boy, born Jan 7 2011.
ChoChoSan, girl, born 6 Feb 2011.
Ginhag, boy born 11 Feb 2011.
Muser, girl, born 15 Feb 2011.
CluckyKate, boy, born 18 Feb 2011.
Perfect Dromedary, boy, born 23rd February 2011.
Casserole, girl, born 19th March 2011.
Medee, girl, born 26th March 2011.
StiffyByng, girl, born 17th May 2011.
Scorpette, boy, born 21st May 2011.
Rocketleaf, girl, born 23rd May 2011.
TwinkleToes, girl, born 7th June 2011.
Laurielou, boy, born 9th June 2011.
Orchid, girl, born 24th June 2011.
Ginfox, loving the new mega-boobs, due 12th July.
LadyGoneGaga, girl, born 24 July 2011.
Mrbitey, boy, born 29th July 2011.
Macaroonmum, boy, born 28th July 2011.
Owlbooty, boy, born 18th August 2011.
Ocarina, girl, born 6th September 2011.
Mountie, boy, born 27th August 2011.
Truffkin, boy, born 25th November 2011.
Islegrin, boy, born 14th December 2011.

Need dates:

BarbiesBeaver, can't quite believe it, due Christmas Day
BrownB, Baybee passport-grabbing bitch, due 22nd January 2012
AlpinePony, Greedy Double-Esh Baybee Boy Grabbing Bitch, due 19th Feb 2012
Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
KitandKat, third time lucky baybee, due 12th April 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales

cakeandcava (32), approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12
blonderthanred (36), no sugar I'm sweet enough, DC1 EDD 6/11/12
FriendofDorothy (36) DC1 EDD 16/12/12
LauraPalmer (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
Queenrollo (37) DC2 EDD 10/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), head down toilet, DC1 EDD 26/4/13
fertilityFTW (34), weepy and whiny, DC 1 EDD 21/5/13

Welcome to our new home! smile

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sun 09-Dec-12 11:40:32

That's fair enough when you could drop at any time dor!

snowqueenrollo Sun 09-Dec-12 16:10:39

do you think I might be a bit hormonal? HOLB was looking through some photos on the computer and came across some uploads from my phone including a 'self portrait' I did ages ago (blue hair so must have been July/Aug) and he just said 'you're beautiful' and started crying, so then I started crying because he was having a moment.
In other news he's admitted that for the first time ever he actually feels Christmassy and wants to trim the house up.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sun 09-Dec-12 16:16:21

Erm, nah, it's um, the weather?! Yes, I would suspect you're hormonal but you know what? You're allowed! grin How luffly that he's feeling Christmassey. I am too.

Now, am I well enough to call in fit to work for tomorrow? Stomach seems much better (but of course wasn't great last night) and I have tonnes more energy. MSB doesn't even think I'll be fit come Wednesday! If I am still sick from tomorrow onwards I will need a sick note and I really can't be arsed with the faff of going to the doctors again. I would also like to go out after a week of staying within the confines of the village!

snowqueenrollo Sun 09-Dec-12 16:53:11

Is MSB being over-cautious or does he really think you need longer?

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sun 09-Dec-12 17:03:19

I think he's just sweepingly cynical about my health! I reckon I'll be fine to go back to work by Wednesday and I'd quite like to get out and about tomorrow and imagine I'll be ok! I need to talk to him.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Mon 10-Dec-12 09:06:52

We talked last night and agreed to see how I felt this morning. If I still felt ill, it would be a doctors appointment. However, I feel ok (and am itching to go out!) so I've called in fit. I'm pleased I don't actually have to work until Wednesday, gives me a couple of days to potter about at home.

How is everyone?

FriendofDorothy Mon 10-Dec-12 23:05:24

I am fine. Just waiting and waiting. Can't keep my eyes open most of the time tho!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Tue 11-Dec-12 11:59:55

Good good dor. Get your rest in while you can!

I am vairy achey today! Not sure if its from having a walk and carrying heavy shopping yesterday? Chilling out watching tv this morning. Off to watch DNephew in his play school nativity this afternoon (if he performs!) before the scan. Good distraction!

blonderthanred Tue 11-Dec-12 13:18:37

So exciting Faith! Can't wait to hear how you get on.

Dor are you all packed?

FriendofDorothy Tue 11-Dec-12 13:48:08

I am indeed all packed. Mainly with cute babygrows and pyjamas for me which is an odd combination!

By the way this may be TMI, but hey ho. I am getting, what I think is my mucus plug falling out. I am getting discharge which looks like hideous snot. Did anyone else get this?

snowqueenrollo Tue 11-Dec-12 13:52:10

I didn't get that, my waters just popped like a balloon but it certainly sounds very much like you're having a show!!

blonderthanred Tue 11-Dec-12 15:46:35

That sounds about right - I had a bloody show which was almost black and then lots of reddish ewcm but you can have the clear stuff first too. Citin!

Make sure you take a crappy old nightie to bleed in, also flipflops for the shower. I'm sure you've been through all the lists but I will try and think if there was anything useful I had.

FriendofDorothy Tue 11-Dec-12 17:06:59

I am hoping to have a water birth. I have packed an old nightie to give birth in but hopefully I will be in the water!

snowqueenrollo Tue 11-Dec-12 17:52:47

i still have the nightie I was wearing when I gave birth to DS. Fortunately it's cotton and so coped with a serious wash after to clean it up. I am dreadfully emotionally attached to it. I may even wear it for this birth too...

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Tue 11-Dec-12 17:53:10

Ooh how exciting dor!!!! I fancy a water birth, I like being in the bath!

Scan was all good, healthy lickle baybee grin. she was funny about writing it down so we just asked. Course baybee had legs akimbo and it was difficult to see but there's no obvious male bits so she thinks its pink! grin

FriendofDorothy Tue 11-Dec-12 17:58:16

Ooo pink. How exciting!

I am still unreasonably envious of anyone expecting a girl. I hope that will pass as soon as I get my hands on our lovely blue baby!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Tue 11-Dec-12 18:00:44

I have to admit I'm quite chuffed! MSB said he felt like I'd 'won' by guessing the gender right! My sister really wasn't sure about having a blue baybee but he is awesome, you'll be happy when he pitches up dor I'm sure smile

blonderthanred Tue 11-Dec-12 18:00:50

Oh how lovely Faith. So glad everything was well. The sex pales into insignificance when you are waiting to see if everything else is present and correct.

Dor oh I hope you do get your water birth, that's what I wanted too. Everyone who has had one says they're amazing.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Wed 12-Dec-12 15:18:38

That's how I felt blonder. I just wanted to know baybee was ok!

Eurgh first day back and I am flagging! I think I'm going to struggle as I get bigger....
How is everyone?

snowqueenrollo Wed 12-Dec-12 17:14:18

I had a midwife appt this afternoon. She asked how I was and so I just said 'fed up'....so we had a good chat and she doesn't think I have ante-natal depression. She thinks I'm just feeling my usual winter blues, and the rest of it is really quite normal thoughts and emotions that she has seen in her ladies on 2nd/3rd etc pregnancies. My blood pressure is good, and she said that the strong contractions when I walk too much are definitely Braxton Hicks. She said it's a myth that they are painless, that in some ladies they can be quite painful. She said the fact I'm so small, and so the uterus and stomach muscles are stretched so tight could be why they are so uncomfy for me. But she said at any point if I am worried I should phone the mat unit to go in to be checked. Basically though she said I have to face up to my physical limitations now and take it slowly.
Baby is head down still, laying in a good position and was awake when she listened to the heartbeat/palpated.

faith there is no way I could have worked this pregnancy and I'm still trying to figure out how I managed it with DS. I do think it was the reason I felt so wretched when I was carrying him.

FriendofDorothy Wed 12-Dec-12 18:19:34

Working was a bit of a killer to be honest and I am still amazed I made it to 38 weeks. God knows how I will cope next time!

blonderthanred Wed 12-Dec-12 18:30:32

Yep the only thing about the induction I was glad about was that it pushed back giving up work to 35 wks and even that was hard going. I was so ready to be done.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Wed 12-Dec-12 22:38:41

I'm really convinced I'll last as long as planned! Work is just so heavy and busy. Am planning to work til 36 weeks then take 3 weeks A/L before I start mat leave. That's the plan anyway!

snowy! I'm glad your MW is so supportive. She speaks a lot of sense. It really is about knowing your limitations when diffed! I hope it's given you some reassurance.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Thu 13-Dec-12 20:00:15

I'm not convinced!

Oh I'm in a quandary. There's an open mic night at a village pub. I really fancy it but I don't think I want to go out! I think I would if I didn't have work tomorrow. Starts at 8...I'm not going am I? MSB has man flu so he won't be going.

blonderthanred Thu 13-Dec-12 21:21:19

Music or comedy? Are you going to do a turn?

This thread is not accepting new messages.