Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Here come the PESH - over 3 years of hard fought baby wins!

(1000 Posts)
HaveALittleFaith Tue 18-Sep-12 13:52:35

The Not-list:

BESH BAYBEES

dontrythisathome, girl born March 25 2010.
Cheggers, twinz girlz, born April 2010.
FannyPriceless, boy, born June 8 2010.
CurlyCasper, girl, born June 24 2010.
CUNextTuesday, boy, born June 29 2010.
AlpinePony, boy, born 1 July 2010.
Carrots, boy, born July 2010.
IggyPiggy, girl, born July 2010.
Cosmosis, boy, born Sept 5 2010.
Backinthebox, boy, born Sept 7 2010.
Skatergrrrl, girl, born Sept 10 2010.
VAG, boy, born Oct 2 2010.
Silversky, boy, born Nov 1 2010.
SomethingSuitablyWitty, girl born Nov 2 2010.
Honeymoo, boy, born Nov 11 2010.
okiecokie, girl, born Nov 12 2010.
ReginaMonologue, boy, born Nov 13 2010.
Lightspaperstandback, boy, born Nov 14 2010.
Maswera, boy, born Dec 24 2010.
PollyPoo, girl, born Jan 5 2011.
MrsFC, boy, born Jan 7 2011.
ChoChoSan, girl, born 6 Feb 2011.
Ginhag, boy born 11 Feb 2011.
Muser, girl, born 15 Feb 2011.
CluckyKate, boy, born 18 Feb 2011.
Perfect Dromedary, boy, born 23rd February 2011.
Casserole, girl, born 19th March 2011.
Medee, girl, born 26th March 2011.
StiffyByng, girl, born 17th May 2011.
Scorpette, boy, born 21st May 2011.
Rocketleaf, girl, born 23rd May 2011.
TwinkleToes, girl, born 7th June 2011.
Laurielou, boy, born 9th June 2011.
Orchid, girl, born 24th June 2011.
Ginfox, loving the new mega-boobs, due 12th July.
LadyGoneGaga, girl, born 24 July 2011.
Mrbitey, boy, born 29th July 2011.
Macaroonmum, boy, born 28th July 2011.
Owlbooty, boy, born 18th August 2011.
Ocarina, girl, born 6th September 2011.
Mountie, boy, born 27th August 2011.
Truffkin, boy, born 25th November 2011.
Islegrin, boy, born 14th December 2011.

Need dates:

BarbiesBeaver, can't quite believe it, due Christmas Day
BrownB, Baybee passport-grabbing bitch, due 22nd January 2012
AlpinePony, Greedy Double-Esh Baybee Boy Grabbing Bitch, due 19th Feb 2012
Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
KitandKat, third time lucky baybee, due 12th April 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales

cakeandcava (32), approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12
blonderthanred (36), no sugar I'm sweet enough, DC1 EDD 6/11/12
FriendofDorothy (36) DC1 EDD 16/12/12
LauraPalmer (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
Queenrollo (37) DC2 EDD 10/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), head down toilet, DC1 EDD 26/4/13
fertilityFTW (34), weepy and whiny, DC 1 EDD 21/5/13

Welcome to our new home! smile

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 27-Nov-12 10:39:34

Friday I was left without a healthcare assistant and although I had done help, I had a massively increased workload and two discharges so it left me physically exhausted. I still feel ill now and I struggled all weekend. I've even been sicky again. Tomorrow I plan mostly to watch Dawson's Creek and do a few jobs round the house. Thursday I plan to do a bit of shopping!

queenrollo Tue 27-Nov-12 11:14:18

faith if I overdo it for any reason I always have a return of the nausea/sickness. Walked far too much on Sunday when we went to the museum, on top of two previous nights rubbish sleep and yesterday morning I felt so envy
Sorry you had such a rough day but grin for the kicks. I think mine is doing an impression of a starfish today and last night I swear it was pinging a foot/hand off my ribs as I had this wierd popping sensation going on.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 27-Nov-12 17:31:48

Yes I'm sure the sickness was due to stress and exertion.
Today was much better, I had help (although only because I stropped and said 'I'm not being left on my own again!') and finished at 3! Woo hoo two days off grin Then one on, one off, one on.

Loving the pics from t'other place dor. Kitchen paint looks fab! smile

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 28-Nov-12 18:03:37

Aw we think MSB just felt the baybee kick! It's got more distinctive as kicks rather than flutters the last couple of days and I thought I could feel it from the outside so I told him to feel and he could! smile

I have chilled this morning and been to yoga this afternoon. It's definitely helping me relax more and I think I'm getting more flexible because I can stretch further than I could when I started!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 29-Nov-12 08:56:13

Good grief, my friend had her baybee yesterday. Must have been 2 weeks overdue and I suspect it's an induction. Tis weird for two reasons: 1. The baybee was 10lb 4.5! shock he came out via the sunroof in the end. That's one big baybee!
2. I distinctly recall hearing she was diffed about 6 months ago. Was reading my emails (on the loo!) and then discovering the droid had arrived seconds later. How different life seems in just a few short months. MSB and I were talking last night about how we actually talk to each other now rather than bottling it up (him) or just telling MN (me)! Considering I thought we might not have a future in August, I'm mighty happy we fought to work things out smile

queenrollo Thu 29-Nov-12 10:08:46

i'm so glad things took such a positive turn for you faith...I think for all of us on this journey there have been some very dark times. I know that for me if the surgery hadn't worked then I would have taken active steps to NOT get pregnant and taken away the uncertainty so I could move on from it all.

grin at MSB feeling the baby move. I think it's so nice when they can share in the physcial aspect a little more.

M/W appt yesterday, I'm measuring exact for dates and baby is head down, very low in the pelvis already smile

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 29-Nov-12 10:26:14

Thanks queenie smile

Well that's good news about your dates after the ishoos with your DS! Did you talk about how you're feeling? How are you feeling now?

blonderthanred Thu 29-Nov-12 10:35:47

That's great to hear Faith. I am really glad for you.

Citin Queenie, sounds like the baybee is raring to go.

Dor hope the raging hormones are under control and so is the painting and decorating!

Hello to everyone else, hope things are going well.

queenrollo Thu 29-Nov-12 18:24:14

M/W thinks it's probably my normal winter blues made worse by the hormones. I've felt much better the last few days, I think the day out on Sunday was a much needed tonic. I've had a nice day out with DH (accompanied him to a meeting) and had a wander round the shops in Peterborough. Bought a couple of babygros and two bottles to have on standby in case breastfeeding fails.

bundler The babygros are called 'bundler' and have open bottoms on them. I found them an absolute marvel with DS for night-time nappy change as you don't have to faff about with legs!! I bought them in a navy with white stars as I think I can get away with that for a boy or girl...

FriendofDorothy Thu 29-Nov-12 19:18:19

Everything is under control so far. I just have one more day left at work. I am knackered and feel ginormous! I would like baby to arrive on Sunday now smile

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 01-Dec-12 13:53:44

Congratulations on finishing work dor! Are you painting today?

I'm not feeling too hot. Someone at work commented yesterday that I looked rough! hmm MSB is very worried about me, apparently I look washed out - worse than I would even if droid was imminent. We've been in the loft to get the Christmas stuff out but it's in a mess (lots of stuff piled up post-fire) and we can't find the nice baubles. There's lots of sentimental attachment to those - my Mum gave me lots - and add in the fact I hit my head on a rafter and its made me cry! sad

FriendofDorothy Sat 01-Dec-12 15:03:58

No painting for me today. The Mister has told me to take it easy this weekend - bless him. He looks shattered as well which makes me feel really guilty that I am not there helping him sad

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 01-Dec-12 15:22:47

He's right though dor! You do have a good excuse though!

MSB has been looking after me. He's fed and watered me and essentially said I need to take it easier. He's got a work night out tonight and some OH's are going. I was trying to get an invite but he's insistent that I need to stay in and chill. I think I might rip some CDs to the pooter to educate the bump smile I was dreaming I played it The Levellers last night!

snowqueenrollo Sat 01-Dec-12 17:52:15

my bump shows lots of activity to AC/DC - we've been listening to a lot because DS has discovered them grin. Will have to try The Levellers, when DS was a baby I used to sing 'Julie' to soothe him. Can't hear it now without getting teary eyed.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 01-Dec-12 18:14:27

Last night in my dreams I was holding my phone to my bump singing twas the 5th of November.. Think I might have to download it. I luff the influencing of DCs with music. DNephew loves The Eagles and especially Tom Petty, he even head bangs! grin

FriendofDorothy Sat 01-Dec-12 20:42:23

The Mister sings a special song to Winston, who promptly kicks him in the head if he has his head resting on my belly!

In other news, I have had really bad smoking dreams for the last couple of nights. I have dreamt about smoking and woken up fully believing that i have been smoking!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 01-Dec-12 20:48:03

I dreamt I was on the last glass of a bottle of wine and was trying to hide the evidence from MSB!

I like the idea of a special song - apparently they recognise familiar tunes herd in the womb and it'll soothe them when distressed when they are here!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 02-Dec-12 20:46:25

Oooh I don't feel too hot sad I just about survived work but have been having abdo cramps. I can feel Pickle wriggling which is reassuring. D'you reckon it could be Braxton Hicks? Generally I still look grey and feel like I've been run over. Think I'll toddle off to the GP tomorrow if I still feel the same.

snowqueenrollo Sun 02-Dec-12 22:09:17

how many weeks are you faith <<my memory is rubbish, sorry>>
It could be the ligaments stretching - but that for me is more of a sore 'tearing' feeling kind of round the sides of my belly going down to the groin. Braxton Hicks tend to be more of a crampy feeling, with the uterus going hard. If I am tired, on my feet too much and most noticeably if I get dehydrated then the BH's feel very strong.
May be a good idea to see GP or M/W and get your bloods checked? and blood pressure?
and importantly for you given your history rule out a UTI because you know that can cause cramps too.
One thing I had a little while ago was that rather than feeling the urge to wee all the time I actually couldn't tell if i needed to go and the first indication would be quite bad abdo cramps....then it would be quite painful when i did go. I had to get into the habit of going for a 'just in case' loo trip to stop my bladder over filling.

FriendofDorothy Sun 02-Dec-12 22:11:25

Oh I get the painful weeing thing all the time. Someone on my antenatal thread calls it weetractions! I get them badly if I wake up in the middle of the night and really need to pee!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 03-Dec-12 08:25:14

I'm 20 weeks tomorrow. My MW only does Tuesday mornings so I'm about to battle for a GP appt! The pain was across the top of my bump going left to right, coming and going in waves. Not like my usual wee symptoms but I'll take a sample.

What you doing with your first Monday of mat leave dor?

FriendofDorothy Mon 03-Dec-12 08:39:28

Oh it's been lovely not to have to get up too early, especially as I had quite a disturbed night.

Just having pineapple for breakfast before heading up to the house to meet some window people and then onto town for a few bits.

The Mister is on a nightshift so has to go back to bed this afternoon and I will either sit on the sofa and sew or spend some time sanding the fireplace!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 03-Dec-12 08:51:20

15 minutes in and I still can't get through! Might be able to ring back at 12 for an afternoon appt. might be less of a battle against all the grannies! I really do feel rubbish.

How luffly dor! Gentle sanding if you are going to, although I guess you'd be happy to evict Winston by overdoing it slightly?! My Mum reckons she went into labour with be after a big row with someone!

FriendofDorothy Mon 03-Dec-12 16:25:28

Did you manage to get an appintment?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 03-Dec-12 16:31:39

I did. Doc was luffly. Checked me over, checked my belly, found the heartbeat (all good!). I'm quite tender, especially over my liver so she's done some bloods for kidneys and liver and Hb to see if there's anything going on. Digestive system is rather unhappy now so maybe I've been brewing the bug from work? Just generally curled up on the sofa under my slanket watching Dawson's Creek crap tv!

This thread is not accepting new messages.