Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

The fabulous frolickers planning the way for their first arrivals....

(578 Posts)
LankyLegs Thu 17-Nov-11 10:31:14

Hello ladies! Let's hope we have lots more BFPs and healthy pregnancies as we approach Christmas and 2012!

ARRIVALS:

Fudgecat - In loving memory of Baby Elliot - Born asleep on Friday 17th September 2010

Fulhamgirl - EDD 30th May - DOB 9th Apr - Girl - Lily Ann - 4lb
Trying4Baby1 - EDD 25th Apr - DOB 6th May - Girl - Emily - 10lb 2.5oz
Pepperonipizza -EDD 24th May - DOB 28th May -Boy
CurlyCasper - EDD 21st July - DOB 24th June - Girl
Spirael - EDD 25th Jul - DOB 7th July - Girl - Miranda Jane - 8lb 3oz
DesperateHousewife21 - EDD 18th July - DOB 9th July - Boy - Dylan James
Sazziej - EDD 1st Sep- DOB 24th Aug - Girl - Evie - 7lb 8oz
Ozziegirly - EDD 24th Aug -DOB 25th Aug - Boy-Thomas - 7lb 1oz
NovemberAli - EDD 2nd Sep - DOB 8th Sept - Girl - Matilda - 8lb 6oz
WhiteRoses - EDD 15th September - DOB 19 September- Boy
Hobnob - EDD 26th Sep - DOB 21 September - Girl - Matilda 6lbs 6oz
Pixiestix - EDD 24th Sep - DOB 26 September - Girl - Tegan - 7lbs 7oz
Addie81 -EDD 7th Oct - DOB 19th October -Girl
Chancewouldbeafinething - EDD 10/10/10 - DOB 21st October - Boy - William James - 9lb 14.5oz
Hermya321 - EDD 24th Oct - DOB 24th October-Boy - Asher - 8lb 3oz
WorrisomeHeart - EDD 12th Oct -DOB 26th Oct Boy - Lochlan - 8lb
YorkshireTeaDrinker - EDD 6th Nov - DOB 5th Nov - Girl - Eleanor
Bunnygirl80 - - EDD 19th Nov- DOB 11th Nov -Boy-WIlliam - 7lb 2oz
Mumnerves - EDD 8th Dec - DOB 16 Dec Boy - Sean 8lb 2.5oz
Luckyseven - EDD 17th Dec - DOB 20th Dec Girl - Beth Elise 8lb 4oz
Oneof8 - BFP 18th May - EDD 17th Jan - DOB 3 Jan Boy - Tom
Homebound - BFP 30th Apr - EDD 8th Jan - DOB 12 Jan Boy
Aly323 - BFP? - EDD 31st Jan - DOB 25th Jan - Boy Kai
Muser - BFP 22nd June - EDD 27 Feb - DOB 15th Feb - girl
Kurlyvoice - BFP 1st September - EDD 16th April - DOB 12 March - Boy Alastair 4lb 13oz
Superpenguin - BFP 1st July - EDD 4th March - DOB 18th March - Boy Thomas 8lb 13oz
Haloflo - BFP 22 July - EDD 20 March - DOB 29th March - Girl Hannah 8lb 9oz
JollySergeantJackrum - BFP 7 Aug - DOB 21st April - Boy Harris 8lb 3oz
MrsWajs - BFP 13 Aug - DOB 25th April - Girl Robyn 7lb 2oz
Crazydays - BFP 4th Sep - DOB - 28th April - boy Thomas 7lb 3 oz and girl Isobel 6lb 14oz
Cherrycobbler - BFP 3rd Sep - 11th May - girl
crazybutterflylady - BFP 1st Sep - EDD 13th May - DOB 24th May - girl - Tabitha
Bellaby -BFP 11th Sep - EDD 22nd May - DOB 16th May - girl - 6lbs12oz
Highheelsandequations - BFP 30th Oct - EDD 13th July - DOB 6th July - Girl Rose 7lb 4oz
Roundtable - BFP 14 Jan - EDD 17th Sept - DOB 20th Sep - Boy
CrazyAlien - BFP 29th Jan - EDD 2nd Oct - DOB 27th Sep - Girl - Imogen
Toriajayne - BFP 16th Feb - EDD 26 Oct - DOB 25th Oct - Boy - Thomas 9lb
Goldmaple - BFP Feb 28th - EDD 9th November - DOB 30th Oct - Girl Emily Grace

TO BE CONFIRMED:

Capricorn76 - BFP 12th Apr - EDD 1st Jan 2011
Seablue - BFP? - EDD 10th Jan
stegasaurus - BFP 27 Aug - EDD 3rd May
Slowshow - BFP 3rd Jan - EDD 15th Sept

CURRENT GRADUATES:

Truffkin - BFP 10th March - EDD 18th November
Lankylegs - BFP 27 May - EDD 1st February
Womanly Tales - BFP 14 Aug - EDD 25th April
Empusa -
Latetothisbabymalarky - BFP 8 Oct - EDD 8th June 2012
Florin - BFP 14 Oct - EDD 22 June 2012
Flickstar -

pixiestix Sat 26-Nov-11 11:50:06

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Well done Truff!! grin I am super jealous of your quick labour but I'm sure it wasn't quite so easy to go through as it sounds on paper!! Hooray for our newest Frolicker baby!!

Flickstar Sat 26-Nov-11 16:50:54

Hi ladies, just a quick post from me as they moved our scan from tomorrow to today do thought I'd pop by and let you know that there is an actual baby in my tummy! Everything looked well, we saw the teeny heartbeat and were able to hear it too which was incredible. She said the baby was 13mm long and dated it at 7weeks5days which almost tallies with my dates as I thought I was 8weeks today. I'm so relieved and finally feel excited! Sorry for me,me,me- will catch up tomorrow xxx

Truffkin Sun 27-Nov-11 07:35:14

Flick so excited for you that all was well, it's so amazing to see that little bean for the first time isn't it? You just won't believe how much will change by your next scan and how much more you will see! Hope you can really enjoy things now (between the morning sickness of course!) and have a wonderful pregnancy.

We're hopefully going home later today so long as everything is ok with the blood results die back this afternoon. Looking forward to it but nervous all at once, we've been in a little bubble here and really well looked after.

Should I post a proper birth story here or is there a post-natal thread? Am not sure if I've already asked that confused I'll blame tiredness grin

bunnygirl80 Sun 27-Nov-11 09:57:11

flick that's great news about your scan grin Time to start getting excited

truff good luck with going home. I still remember getting home and wondering what on earth we were meant to do with our teeny tiny bundle. You can post your birth story here or on the post grads. I think people tend to put the gory details on the post grads and the PG version on here grin

LankyLegs Sun 27-Nov-11 14:31:17

flick fantastic news! How wonderful you got to see the little thing- its just amazing isn't it? Wait until the 12 and 20 week scans!! Enjoy the excitement and hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

truff going home woohoo! Although I can imagine your apprehension - a real life baby to take care of! Don't think I have got me head around that! Hope its wonderful when the 3 of you arrive home. Ooh and birth story here too please!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends x

Awww Flick, I remember having the scan at 7+6 and being so enormously relieved to see the little bean there with it's heart flickering away (even though it did look a bit odd & the consultant called it a 'tube' or something grin). The reassurance that these early scans give us can't be underestimated, especially if it's been a bit of a journey getting there. So pleased all's going well & really hope seeing it yesterday gives you confidence over the coming weeks. Will your next scan be at 12 weeks? You won't recognise your bean, it will have come on so much grin

Truff, so lovely that you're all going home to start being a little family - must be so amazing to have your little baby in your arms finally, after lugging him around for so long wink. Hope you all settle in quickly. Have you picked a name yet?!

pixiestix Sun 27-Nov-11 15:51:18

Yay Flick!! There is no relief like the feeling you get when you see that heartbeat. Fab news! smile

Ooh, yes please to a birth story Truff! Hope you are home and enjoying lots of cuddles.

Flickstar Sun 27-Nov-11 20:37:09

Thanks lovelies. Am feeling very relieved indeed and have not worried once today which must be a record! Yep late my next scan will be on the 22nd Dec although if I was rich I think I'd treat myself to one a week as I just loved it!

Just watching x factor and fending off the Sunday night blues- boo.

Hope you've all had lovely weekends especially new mummy truff!

Florin Mon 28-Nov-11 07:28:00

flick that's fab news glad you enjoyed scan an all is looking well.
triff hope you are hone and tucked up in your own bed with baby truff-that must be an amazing feeling

Florin Mon 28-Nov-11 07:28:40

Opps bloody iPhone of course I meant truff not triff!

Flickstar Tue 29-Nov-11 09:20:24

Just adding my EDD and moving truff to arrivals! Wasn't sure if you wanted your little man's name on here truff so just let it at boy for now. lanky! Top of the list lady ;) we need some more BFPs too- come on cave and raspberry and all of the other old timers.

ARRIVALS:

Fudgecat - In loving memory of Baby Elliot - Born asleep on Friday 17th September 2010

Fulhamgirl - EDD 30th May - DOB 9th Apr - Girl - Lily Ann - 4lb
Trying4Baby1 - EDD 25th Apr - DOB 6th May - Girl - Emily - 10lb 2.5oz
Pepperonipizza -EDD 24th May - DOB 28th May -Boy
CurlyCasper - EDD 21st July - DOB 24th June - Girl
Spirael - EDD 25th Jul - DOB 7th July - Girl - Miranda Jane - 8lb 3oz
DesperateHousewife21 - EDD 18th July - DOB 9th July - Boy - Dylan James
Sazziej - EDD 1st Sep- DOB 24th Aug - Girl - Evie - 7lb 8oz
Ozziegirly - EDD 24th Aug -DOB 25th Aug - Boy-Thomas - 7lb 1oz
NovemberAli - EDD 2nd Sep - DOB 8th Sept - Girl - Matilda - 8lb 6oz
WhiteRoses - EDD 15th September - DOB 19 September- Boy
Hobnob - EDD 26th Sep - DOB 21 September - Girl - Matilda 6lbs 6oz
Pixiestix - EDD 24th Sep - DOB 26 September - Girl - Tegan - 7lbs 7oz
Addie81 -EDD 7th Oct - DOB 19th October -Girl
Chancewouldbeafinething - EDD 10/10/10 - DOB 21st October - Boy - William James - 9lb 14.5oz
Hermya321 - EDD 24th Oct - DOB 24th October-Boy - Asher - 8lb 3oz
WorrisomeHeart - EDD 12th Oct -DOB 26th Oct Boy - Lochlan - 8lb
YorkshireTeaDrinker - EDD 6th Nov - DOB 5th Nov - Girl - Eleanor
Bunnygirl80 - - EDD 19th Nov- DOB 11th Nov -Boy-WIlliam - 7lb 2oz
Mumnerves - EDD 8th Dec - DOB 16 Dec Boy - Sean 8lb 2.5oz
Luckyseven - EDD 17th Dec - DOB 20th Dec Girl - Beth Elise 8lb 4oz
Oneof8 - BFP 18th May - EDD 17th Jan - DOB 3 Jan Boy - Tom
Homebound - BFP 30th Apr - EDD 8th Jan - DOB 12 Jan Boy
Aly323 - BFP? - EDD 31st Jan - DOB 25th Jan - Boy Kai
Muser - BFP 22nd June - EDD 27 Feb - DOB 15th Feb - girl
Kurlyvoice - BFP 1st September - EDD 16th April - DOB 12 March - Boy Alastair 4lb 13oz
Superpenguin - BFP 1st July - EDD 4th March - DOB 18th March - Boy Thomas 8lb 13oz
Haloflo - BFP 22 July - EDD 20 March - DOB 29th March - Girl Hannah 8lb 9oz
JollySergeantJackrum - BFP 7 Aug - DOB 21st April - Boy Harris 8lb 3oz
MrsWajs - BFP 13 Aug - DOB 25th April - Girl Robyn 7lb 2oz
Crazydays - BFP 4th Sep - DOB - 28th April - boy Thomas 7lb 3 oz and girl Isobel 6lb 14oz
Cherrycobbler - BFP 3rd Sep - 11th May - girl
crazybutterflylady - BFP 1st Sep - EDD 13th May - DOB 24th May - girl - Tabitha
Bellaby -BFP 11th Sep - EDD 22nd May - DOB 16th May - girl - 6lbs12oz
Highheelsandequations - BFP 30th Oct - EDD 13th July - DOB 6th July - Girl Rose 7lb 4oz
Roundtable - BFP 14 Jan - EDD 17th Sept - DOB 20th Sep - Boy
CrazyAlien - BFP 29th Jan - EDD 2nd Oct - DOB 27th Sep - Girl - Imogen
Toriajayne - BFP 16th Feb - EDD 26 Oct - DOB 25th Oct - Boy - Thomas 9lb
Goldmaple - BFP Feb 28th - EDD 9th November - DOB 30th Oct - Girl Emily Grace
Truffkin - BFP 10th March - EDD 18th November- DOB 25th November- Boy

TO BE CONFIRMED:

Capricorn76 - BFP 12th Apr - EDD 1st Jan 2011
Seablue - BFP? - EDD 10th Jan
stegasaurus - BFP 27 Aug - EDD 3rd May
Slowshow - BFP 3rd Jan - EDD 15th Sept

CURRENT GRADUATES:
Lankylegs - BFP 27 May - EDD 1st February
Womanly Tales - BFP 14 Aug - EDD 25th April
Empusa -
Latetothisbabymalarky - BFP 8 Oct - EDD 8th June 2012
Florin - BFP 14 Oct - EDD 22 June 2012
Flickstar -BFP 3rd November- EDD 9th July 2012

CaveMum Tue 29-Nov-11 14:00:32

[sneaks back in] Great news on the scan Flick grin

Good news - the Clomid has worked! I've ovulated, so it's wait and see time.

Florin Tue 29-Nov-11 14:14:37

cavemum well done on the egg really hoping it works for you. The next 2 weeks will drag but try and make the most of the time as you never know in 2 weeks you could be pregnant and feeling sick and tired and not wanting to do anything!

Flickstar Tue 29-Nov-11 14:36:47

Yay cave how exciting! Fingers crossed for you x

LankyLegs Tue 29-Nov-11 14:57:44

Hello peeps!

Flick great to see your dates on the list finally. So have you told anyone yet or are you waiting for the 22nd of Dec before you do? Hope the scan eased woes a little... (well as much as they can in the first trimester) good prognosis though when you see a heart beat around 8 weeks so try and focus in on the 22nd... only 3ish weeks left! How are things going with the house purchase?

Fook - how did I become top of the list? We defo need some more bfps! 9 weeks left - have no idea where the last 31 weeks have gone - slghtly scary after a good 21 months of TTC (which went on for what seemed a lifetime) the pregnancy has just seem to have flown by (except for the first 3 months which seemed to have dragged big time.

Am pleased for you girls being quite close in dates Florin, late and flick - it's nice having someone to compare notes with and who understands!

Cavey so pleased the clomid has worked- keeping everything crossed for the next couple of weeks for you!

So I had my first NCT class yesterday and was slightly nervous about what everyone would be like - funnily enough they all seem lovely and 1 of them even lives on the same road as me and another one around the corner - so good to know that there are people within a couple of minutes away. Although - it is a lot of chat about birth and baby - I know I know what did I expect?! Hopefully we will get to know one another a bit better over the coming weeks and find other things in common! (Also if any of you are planning to book into NCT I would do so as soon as you can - they get booked out really quickly - I emailed my branch and asked them to provisionally book me in around 10 weeks and asked if they minded if I waited for my 12 week scan before I put any money down and they were happy to do so)

Our nursery is also pretty much there too - spent all weekend building it - bejesus it was hard work but looking good now! Am thinking about when to wash baby clothes too - any suggestions?? I just turned 31 weeks - which I think is a bit early to start washing. It's all stuff from my sister and she has washed it already, but it's been in storage for a while so think I should give it another wash.

And and and.... I have only 13 days of work left!!! 2.5 weeks.... aka not long!! I have some holiday to take before my contract expires which is why I am leaving a bit earlier - slightly worried about having 6 weeks before this baby arrives but I think I will survive loungin about and eating xmas chocolate! grin

Womanly haven't heard from you in ages - hope things are going well with you?

So how do I get in on this facebook page thingy?! Flick I am friends with you so can you invite me if you are already on there?

Florin Tue 29-Nov-11 19:11:20

Facebook thing sounds good how do we do it!
Lanky you seem really close now, you must so excited and nervous. Very jealous of you having nursery set up, i cannot wait for that. I am just filling in form for nct so glad you said its worth it as it seems like I am rushing things but apparently half the places already booked so I need to get going!
Sorted time off for my scan next Wednesday which is a relief although if all goes well think I will wear a hard hat for telling my bosses who will be spitting blood when I tell them it is not going to go down well!

Flickstar Wed 30-Nov-11 12:02:47

Hello, another quick post from me.

lanky have added you to the Frolickers group. It's quite exciting, florin you need to be a friend of a member. cherry added me. If you PM me your name I can add you as a friend and then add you to the group if you like?
lanky it's so exciting! Would love to see pics of your nursery. I bet it's beautiful. Can't believe you're finishing so soon! Are you starting to feel tired yet or still feeling good? In answer to your question about if we have told anyone yet, we have told both sets of patents and our close friends. So a few people know but not many- I quite like it that way! Will tell the rest after 22nd if all is ok.

florin are you feeling any better? I read that the nausea peaks at around 8-9 weeks and starts to fade at about 10ish weeks when the placenta is beginning to kick in. I am feeling horrid but trying not to moan- I have a quiet day tomorrow so think I'll take it off and sleep all day! Very exciting about your scan on Weds, why do you think you're boss will go mad?!

Hope everyone else is well! late are you still celebrating being almost 13 weeks now?! When is your 'official' scan?

LankyLegs Wed 30-Nov-11 14:24:06

Flick thanks for adding me! And sorry you are feeling really rubbish still - have you started to figure out what helps and what doesn't? I agree - it's lovely keeping it a secret for a while still - but also very nice to have a few people to talk to about it. I bet your parents are over the moon! Enjoy your day tomorrow - you totally deserve it - god the times I wish I could have just had duvet days in the first trimester for feeling basically crap....

Florin - a week to the scan! Fantastic, but yes why would your boss not take it so well? Well just think you will be off on mat leave in 5 or so months

Doing up the nursery is definetly the most fun bit so far (although it was flat pack hell with everything from mama's and papa's)... I think it was cherry who siad she got the person to come around and make the stuff and boy would I recommend it! Both JL and M&P offer that service. Flick will try and put up some pictures - it's not totally finished but we just put up some beautiful transfers which have totally made the room which I got from here.

Hope everyone else is well.

Florin Wed 30-Nov-11 14:25:16

flick will pm you!
Sickness is so much better in the day now but bad in the evening although cannot eat meat apart from ham sandwiches. It's very strange as normally am major meat eater. Dh made me try a bit of chicken last night as he is worried about my protein levels. However tmi I know but I couldn't even swallow one tiny bit I had to spit it out. Think I will take the pressure off myself and give myself a few days off trying it, hopefully it will get better soon!
Bosses will be cross as each year we get a free holiday (part of my job ad work for a yacht charter company) normally in the summer but I have booked mine for jan as going to Caribbean. (i did book it before i was pregnant but only days before!) Boat being paid by our boat people but my company should pay for my flight as there is a budget per person but as been lucky to have been given such a nice yacht they were refusing to pay anything had row about it yesterday then they rung me at home to say they would pay for it but of course when I announce it will be a bit of twisting the knife in the wound. Oh well grit my teeth through it!
lanky would love to see your nursery I am desperate to get started on ours but no idea what we will do with it yet!

Helloooo! Gearing up for my Official Scan tomorrow afternoon - I'll be 12+6. Got all my fingers & toes crossed for everything to be boringly normal, on schedule and thoroughly un-dramatic wink.

Florin, HOW jealous are you trying to make us?! Free Caribbean yacht holiday in cold a grey January, you lucky thing! Glad you're not feeling so sick during the days, hope it starts to subside in the evenings and you can get back to eating normally. Flick, hope your sickness doesn't last much longer either, I really feel for you both having to deal with all that.

I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow smile

Ps. Such is my superstition and mild paranoia that I'm actually considering not posting this, just in case I tempt fate & something horrible happens... Like me posting something on mumsnet can influence whether my baby makes it or not, for goodness sake, someone slap me with a large kipper and tell me to get a grip!

pixiestix Wed 30-Nov-11 22:27:50

Just dashing in to fish slap Late. I really hope it goes ok love. I truly thought I was going to throw up before every scan I had I was so scared. Will pop in tomorrow and see how you got on.

<waves> to everyone else!

Flickstar Thu 01-Dec-11 07:23:00

Morning all,

I have been a bit naughty and not gone to work today- I just feel like I need a rest and I never have any time off so am not actually feeing that guilty! I plan to sleep for most of the day.

florin am super jealous of your holiday! Do you get to take your dh with you? HOw lovely to have some sunshine in murky January. Glad the sickness is subsiding. Totally with you on not being able to eat meat or much else. Mr.Flick was really sweet last night- he came home with a bag of food that he thought I might fancy eating. He had been googling 'snacks for pregnant women' and has come back with all manner of strange things- bless him!

lanky I love those transfers and have bookmarked the link. Which ones did you go for? They are all gorgeous but I am especially in love with the Elmer the elephant ones. With regards to the sickness, what helps and what doesn't seems to change on a daily basis so everyday is different which is an absolute pain! I think it must be related to tiredness as I had a fantastic sleep last Friday and felt great on the Saturday so am hoping if I rest lots today I will feel ok today and tomorrow.

late good luck for today! Are you going to share your news after today's scan? Come back and let us know how you got on.

Florin Thu 01-Dec-11 07:42:58

late good luck for this afternoon can't wait to hear all about it, try and enjoy it. I will be thinking of you.
flick so jealous of your duvet day I really could do with one of those. Last night was first night it became uncomfy to sleep on my tummy as normal and took me a fair few hours to realise I needed to sort of wedge myself on side with a pillow. Knacked now! Enjoy your day and make sure you really relax-no household jobs!
Dh coming with me on yacht-he is the skipper so sort of has to! We are also taking my parents so that I have to do nothing but relax out there, my Dad is so excited about going he is like an over excited schoolboy!
lanky that website with the wall stickers looked fab some really pretty ideas. Dh determined our room will be sailing themed (can you tell we are all mad about sailing in my family) so will have to see if I can track some sailing themed ones down!

LankyLegs Thu 01-Dec-11 14:28:32

Just a quick one from me to say thinking of you late hope the scan goes swimmingly well and you are seeing the little one wriggling about as we speak. Totally normal to be sh*ting yourself though - god I remember them being pretty scary so don't feel silly for feeling all supersticious.

Florin yatch holiday in gorgeous location in January???? I think that is worth the argument with the boss! Sounds like bliss! Cute theme for the nursery too - I am sure there is something to suit every taste out there.

Also - wanted to say if any of you start to suffer from sleep or it gets too uncomfy then do try the pillow thing - but if that doesn't work the dreamgenii thing is brilliant - can not sleep without it now so worth investing in earlier on to get good use out of it (also doubles up as a nursing pillow afterwards as well)

Flick hope you are enjoying your duvet day - don't feel guilty - think about all the times you drag yourself into work when you feel crap/ill. Sorry you are feeling so crap with the sickness too - if I had a secret cure I would hand it round for sure. Hope the extra sleep does the trick. Oh and yes we went for the jungle wall stickers and the giraffe wall height stickers as they were matching in theme. The giraffe height sticker is actually really very nice and has made the whole room really.

Nearly Friday everyone... thank god. If I have to facilitate any more workshops then I think I might collapse....ugh.

Flickstar Thu 01-Dec-11 16:29:07

Hang in there lanky! How many days to go, 10?! Feeling much better after a day in bed- I have slept for SO long. I obviously needed it. I loved the giraffe wall height chart one too!

Hope all is well late am thinking of you and your little one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now