To ask if anyone else weighs themselves several times a day?

(98 Posts)
whynowblowwind Fri 06-Jun-14 21:05:40

I can't seem to stop - before a week after a week basically every time I go into the bathroom I HAVE to have a look!

Is it just me?

DeepThought Fri 06-Jun-14 21:07:06

Are you a bit twitchy about your weight?

Chippednailvarnish Fri 06-Jun-14 21:07:19

I haven't weighed myself for about 4 months...

RabbitSaysWoof Fri 06-Jun-14 21:07:56

Me too, if I pluck my eyebrows I wonder how much the little hairs weighed and get back on!

whynowblowwind Fri 06-Jun-14 21:08:13

Do you have scales in the house Chipped?

I am a bit Deep although my friend says she is the same.

Mintyy Fri 06-Jun-14 21:08:24

Just you or a very tiny number of others like you.

whynowblowwind Fri 06-Jun-14 21:08:35

Haha Rabbit grin

TestingTestingWonTooFree Fri 06-Jun-14 21:08:40

Probably.

Are you worried about it or just curious?

redexpat Fri 06-Jun-14 21:09:48

We dont have scales in the house, so, no.

HeartShapeStone Fri 06-Jun-14 21:10:09

I admit I used to do this at work, they had a really insanely accurate balance, so I used to weigh myself every time I walked past. It's kind of interesting seeing how it changes during the day, but I've given it up since working in a different area.

whynowblowwind Fri 06-Jun-14 21:10:50

I think it's partly because I have a sort of safe zone, I go above it and look fat, below it I look okay just

So I keep needing to make sure I haven't gone above the maximum weight I can be, and if I get on the scales and am wearing say jeans and a cardigan and I need a wee, and I'm still about that weight I feel "safe".

lougle Fri 06-Jun-14 21:11:14

No, sorry. Although it is interesting to weigh oneself before and after a wee...

No, sometimes go months without weighing myself, even when I am trying to lose weight not more than 2 or 3 times a week.

AtYourCervix Fri 06-Jun-14 21:11:45

Yup.

Weird and obsessive.

Before and after going to the loo is my favourite. And working out what clothes are heaviest.

Janethegirl Fri 06-Jun-14 21:12:17

I weigh myself once a month if that, cos I don't like the results smile

whynowblowwind Fri 06-Jun-14 21:13:22

I will now admit I like getting on them with DD in a sling and working out how much she adds to my weight I may have done this with the cat as well

I love getting on them first thing in the morning after a big wee and in light pyjamas!

I don't own any working scales, so no. I don't think it's a particularly healthy thing to do tbh (sorry!)

WorraLiberty Fri 06-Jun-14 21:16:22

No, about once per fortnight-ish.

MsVestibule Fri 06-Jun-14 21:16:30

Nope, don't keep scales in the house (mainly because I would probably be as obsessive as you about it wink) but weigh myself at the gym once a week.

Surely it's only worth weighing yourself at the same time, once a day maximum, say in the morning after you've done a wee? Otherwise, the clothes you're wearing or whst you've just eaten or drunk make it inaccurate.

I have asked several times what the weight difference is between my new knee, put in today, and my real one they threw away.

No one has told me. I need to know if it will affect my bmi.

HeartShapeStone Fri 06-Jun-14 21:20:20

I think there is a big difference here between weighing out of interest and weighing because you're diet/ thinness obsessed.

For many years I had no scales at home (and still wouldn't if DP hadn't bought some) but I used to find it fascinating doing before/after coffee break, lunch, etc.

I've never been on a diet and have always weighed a healthy amount.

RedSoloCup Fri 06-Jun-14 21:23:03

I do most mornings, not overweight at all but if a couple of pounds go on I cut back on rubbish / snacks and exercise more. I would rather know that know half a stone later!!

tripecity Fri 06-Jun-14 21:23:28

Yep, I do it too. And I always make sure I have a wee 1st. But then I feel like I have a weird obsession with my weight

CrohnicallyHungry Fri 06-Jun-14 21:25:25

Home scales are notoriously in accurate. I once weighed myself before and after a poo and the scales said I put weight on!

CarbeDiem Fri 06-Jun-14 21:26:19

I have done in the past but more out of curiosity to see how my body changes over the day/month.
Morning and night
Before/during/after ovulation and period
Before/after exercise
Before/after using the loo and so on.
I check my weight once a month now always at the end of my period because I learned from my curiosity that's when my body is not under the influence of water retention. I can go up 3 kilo's before my period but it's just hormones/water.

Seriously if it's becoming an obsession then you need to get rid of the scales and weigh at the supermarket/pharmacy/where ever once a month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now