To think Danny Dyer is actually just a caricature in Eastenders

(19 Posts)
Bearbehind Mon 14-Apr-14 20:47:55

Is it just me?

He is a good looking bloke but does anyone IRL talk in such a forced, stilted way.

And what's with the fact he always talks with his head at an angle and holds his arms away from his body like a monkey.

It's too weird- he is like a cartoon character.

whatadrama Mon 14-Apr-14 20:50:46

I think he must have a permanent crick in his neck and the shifty eyes down thing is because he's embarrassed to be on Eastenders grin

UncleT Mon 14-Apr-14 20:51:53

YANBU. He totally is a caricature and nothing but (in Eastenders).

Megrim Mon 14-Apr-14 20:52:09

Danny Dyer can only play Danny Dyer - don't think he can actually play anyone else? Or act?

ItsSpringBaby Mon 14-Apr-14 21:16:00

He really is a stereotype 'Cockney geezer'.

MamaPain Mon 14-Apr-14 21:21:00

Still would...

ForalltheSaints Mon 14-Apr-14 21:52:15

It's not real. It's acting.

Do something other than watching Eastenders.

I've never seen him in Eastenders, but he comes across as a caricature every time I see him on anything confused Ee's a geezer innee?

amothersplaceisinthewrong Mon 14-Apr-14 21:56:41

Isn't DD just being DD - no acting involved. He comes across as rather short in the brains department....

Are he and Kellie Bright the modern day Den and Angie Watts... I am waiting for him to leap over the bar in the Vic.

Bearbehind Mon 14-Apr-14 22:00:53

It's not real. It's acting.

That's just it- no one could actually act that badly! It has to be his natural persona.

LucyBabs Mon 14-Apr-14 22:02:58

mama I so would grin

It doesn't matter what emotion he's trying to convey he just looks constipated. I saw an episode of Eastenders last week for the first time in ages and the acting was generally awful so he fits right in.

StarGazeyPond Mon 14-Apr-14 22:28:06

He comes across as rather short in the brains department

I ain't interested in 'is brains grin

wowfudge Mon 14-Apr-14 22:40:56

Where Danny Dyer is concerned, it is absolutely terrible acting. If you have ever seen any of his terrible 'documentaries' that is exactly how he presented them. Cringeworthy.

dexter73 Mon 14-Apr-14 22:47:13

I love Danny Dyer. He deserves an Oscar. Did you not see him squeeze that tear out last week while talking to his son?! Acting gold.

CundtBake Mon 14-Apr-14 22:52:28

Clearly I'm a minority but I loves him. And I thought the scene he did when his younger son was coming out was just beautiful.

There are some good actors/actresses in eastenders but let's be honest it's not oscar worthy material.

Oh and I so would. Lots of times. Loads.

BOFster Mon 14-Apr-14 22:53:10

I don't watch Eastenders, but Morgana Robinson has got him spot on in Britain's Hardest Commute- this is quite possibly my favourite YouTube ever...grin

AskBasil Mon 14-Apr-14 22:56:18

He's not that much more multi faceted outside of Eastenders tbh

SecretRed Mon 14-Apr-14 23:43:15

I really like his character in eastenders. He plays him well and I like the whole family dynamic. He's my main reason for tuning in these days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now