To declare my new neighbour a prude.

(77 Posts)
Fontofnowt Tue 18-Mar-14 12:58:03

Because she doesn't put undies on the wash line?
Even though I'm secretly glad she doesn't her being much younger/slimmer than me and she doesn't (I imagine) wear big grufters (or safety pants as my DP calls them) like me.

Pancakeflipper Tue 18-Mar-14 12:59:28

You check your neighbours washing?

Perhaps they don't wear undies. Your are a prude to think they do.

wowfudge Tue 18-Mar-14 13:00:21

Has you told you she doesn't? Perhaps she tumble dries as it's so much more convenient.

Fontofnowt Tue 18-Mar-14 13:00:46

Fucking hell I didn't think of that.
Commando!
The hussy.

PoirotsMoustache Tue 18-Mar-14 13:00:53

I don't hang my undies on the outside washing line. Mostly because I'm scared a neighbour will take a look at them and ask to borrow one of my tents! blush

Fontofnowt Tue 18-Mar-14 13:01:51

My kitchen table overlooks their garden so I snoop the washing.
Nosey sod I am.

UnicornCrisps Tue 18-Mar-14 13:03:52

I only hang nice ones outside, perhaps all her pants are not in a fit state to venture outdoors.

I don't normally put 'little bits' out as it's so time consuming un-pegging it all I have a little peg dryer thing I leave indoors on a radiator (even in summer when they're not on).

RayPurchase Tue 18-Mar-14 13:05:23

I dont hang pants out on the line, am I a hussy or a prude? shock I'd like to be a hussy please grin
I tumble dry all the undies BTW...

Latara Tue 18-Mar-14 13:07:12

I tumble dry my 'normal' undies and hang my 'nice' undies up inside to dry.. I'm not a prude but I don't want the male neighbours knowing what underwear I've got, yuck.

RobinSparkles Tue 18-Mar-14 13:07:42

I don't hang mine on the line either. blush

You can see my washing line from the Cul-de-sac and I don't want all of the neighbours seeing my smells grin.

In winter I dry them on the radiators or the tumble dryer, in summer I put them on the airer on the decking where we get the most sun. The next door neighbours can probably see them if they look but not the whole street.

pizzachickenhotforyou Tue 18-Mar-14 13:09:30

Might even be selling her dirty ones online.
Yabu to be checking for her undies!

Goblinchild Tue 18-Mar-14 13:10:19

DD's undies go on the line amongst others.
I'm sure my neighbour is disconcerted when they see me hanging up lacy bits in a small sie 8 and voluminous bras 34 F.
Looks at me, akin to the Venus of Willendorf, looks at the frilles, looks at me...confused
Wonders WTF is going on...
DD is nocturnal and silent, a ninja lodger. I'm not sure the neighbour knows she exists.

MargotLovedTom Tue 18-Mar-14 13:11:18

'seeing my smells' bloody hell Robin, are your knickers so whiffy they have a visible aura even after washing? grin

I hang mine in the middle of the whirly line, well hidden. It's just that they look so huge next to the dds' cute little things.

wonkylegs Tue 18-Mar-14 13:11:21

I only hang sheets, towels & large stuff outside on nice days everything else goes on the Sheila maid in the kitchen or the tumble dryer. This means my knickers hang in the kitchen above visitors heads.

NinjaBunny Tue 18-Mar-14 13:12:07

I don't hang mine up on the line either. They go on the airer in the bathroom.

Too much of a faff to hang out single socks.

RobinSparkles Tue 18-Mar-14 13:12:20

*seeing my smalls! They don't smell, I promise! blush

drnoitall Tue 18-Mar-14 13:13:13

Another here that tumble dries all undies.
Do want want them being seen by neighbours. I'm sure they are not interested really but I prefer to keep them to myself.
YABU but funny though.

pictish Tue 18-Mar-14 13:14:43

My undies don't go out on the line either! I dry those indoors.

Optimist1 Tue 18-Mar-14 13:15:56

Oh yes, Margot , there's nothing wrong with the look of mine on the line unless my daughter is staying with me and her little wisps of pretty fabric make mine look like shopping bags in comparison!

Fontofnowt Tue 18-Mar-14 13:19:08

Fine.
I'm going to declare all you tumble dryers prudes!

We used to have a bus stop at the bottom of our garden and I still hung my bloomers out.
For the whole bus to peruse while they waited.

Tis likely the reason for the drop in birth rate and rise in car numbers where I lived.

MargotLovedTom Tue 18-Mar-14 13:19:42

grin

My dds are all under 10, so their knickers are all cute, cotton things, which wouldn't even cover one cheek on me. Mine look enormous in comparison!

AdoraBell Tue 18-Mar-14 13:21:13

I'm a hussy. All mine are pegged at the outside of the rotary line thingy so the sun gets To them. I'm a teensy bit paranoid about germs/bacteria/lurgies in the undies Dept. and we Get mega radiación here, no microscópico little beasties survive in this sunlightgrin

drnoitall Tue 18-Mar-14 13:21:34

do NOT**

Delphiniumsblue Tue 18-Mar-14 13:28:23

Mine all go on the line but I can't say that I would notice what other people had on their line.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now