Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think reality music shows should quit with the sympathy vote attempts

(14 Posts)
Bearbehind Sat 08-Mar-14 19:56:54

Just watching The Voice- so far we've had:-

My brother is in a successful band and I'm not

And

I'm only on here because my sister, who has cancer, said I should do it

What relevance is any of that other than to go for the sympathy vote?

Bearbehind Sat 08-Mar-14 19:57:41

To be fair, it's not working as they've both been outed smile

CorusKate Sat 08-Mar-14 20:15:09

I think you could cut off the last five words of your title and I would agree with you. smile

I don't have a problem with the existence of TV shows that I don't watch, but the TV talent contests seem to seep out into news coverage, after programme programmes, newspapers, music charts, etc..

thesecowsaresmallthosearefaraw Sat 08-Mar-14 20:24:13

I don't think Danny-from-mcfly's sister should have been eligible. If she wanted introductions to agents etc I'm sure he'd have helped her. She's taken a place from someone with zero connections.

Bearbehind Sat 08-Mar-14 20:35:17

Blimey, now we've got 'Adele's my cousin'

What has that got to do with anything?

itsmeitscathy Sat 08-Mar-14 20:46:58

Yes yes yes it's so annoying.

anchories Sat 08-Mar-14 20:48:41

Gave up on them all a while ago for that reason.

Nocomet Sat 08-Mar-14 20:51:41

Some sort if sick or dying rekative angle on house renovation programs gets on my nerves too.

Anonymai Sat 08-Mar-14 20:55:10

Yanbu. There's one on it atm whose sympathy vote story is a load of shit so I can't take the rest of the sob stories seriously anymore.

HotPanda Sat 08-Mar-14 21:10:39

I like those. I play bingo with them. There are so many drinking games you can play watching reality tv.

Bearbehind Sat 08-Mar-14 21:12:40

Tell me more hotpanda- Saturday nights might never be the same again!

chocolatemademefat Sun 09-Mar-14 05:48:47

The winner of the voice is usually never heard of after the hoo-ha on many many saturday nights. I dont care now and I wont care later.

Pollyputthekettle Sun 09-Mar-14 07:02:44

Yanbu. The set up serenade of Kylie by the one with the sob story about being homeless when he was 19 made me feel sick. The guy has a beautiful voice but the constant reference to being homeless and living in east ln

Pollyputthekettle Sun 09-Mar-14 07:08:02

Dam phone.

As I was saying; and living in east London in a 'woh is me' tone just undermines his obvious talent. Although the one who is basically just jealous of her own brother is worse. It's basically sibling rivalry .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now