First rule of FB - DO NOT POST anything on it ever.

(97 Posts)
ashamedoverthinker Fri 27-Dec-13 11:13:21

What the fucking fuck can you post without being criticised for it? Tell me what the actual fucking fuck are you 'allowed'

I'm so fed up of FB complaints on here I'm shooting sparks across this very keyboard. I am smoking and YES <roars> I need to calm the fuck down.

Why do people join a social networking site (key fucking thing this) and then complain when people network on it (the bastards sharing their fucking lives with you) I mean get the fuck off it then. Don't join - make sure you blank them in the street too if thats what you think of their lives.

Some people just dont like to see other people happy.

Rowlers Fri 27-Dec-13 20:19:00

Apologies, ashamed - I had misunderstood your op! I suppose you need to treat both fb and mn in same way - be strong and don't be tempted to open and read the fb threads.
Also, not sure who mentioned it but I don't see a problem with being a fb 'voyeur'. It's just the same as being an mn lurker isn't it? Each to their own.

ItsIgginningToLookALotLikeXmas Fri 27-Dec-13 20:02:49

Look you can really like a friend/relative without thinking that every word that comes out of their mouth is wit akin to Oscar Wilde. Same as you can not want to delete a fb friend while still inwardly groaning at their latest update. It's not all or nothing.

Rachelx92 Fri 27-Dec-13 18:30:48

And stupid bitches moaning about their "dickhead bf" who wants to see his friends for a day without them tagging along or not answering their calls or texts because they're taking a shit. Ffs couldn't deal with it deleted so many friends because of it!

horsetowater Fri 27-Dec-13 18:26:23

I think people that don't post on fb themselves should be automatically deleted.

ashamedoverthinker Fri 27-Dec-13 18:05:59

I was earlier PeriodFeatures I've been out to see 'What the Ladybird Heard' 'twas a good release/distraction.

Im going to hide any threads about FB in future.

Some of the comment on here ave caused me to review my own FB friends list - think I'll be having a little cull later. Not that this was the original point of the thread.

Interesting

timidviper Fri 27-Dec-13 17:58:47

This is only a problem for people with "friends" they don't like much!

I have a grand total of 18 friends on it, 2 are my DCs and 1 is my nephew so no irritations there at all. It's when you have hundreds of so-called friends that you don't have much in common and get teed off

PeriodFeatures Fri 27-Dec-13 17:49:53

are you a bit angry?

ashamedoverthinker Fri 27-Dec-13 17:31:44

<sniffs>

Tanfastic Fri 27-Dec-13 16:44:24

I like reading most of the stuff on Facebook. People who post wanky statuses get hidden or deleted. Some that do occasional wanky statuses I inwardly cringe as I'm scrolling through but there we are.

I love the Xmas pics, piles of presents, happy announcements,even some of the boastful,my child is a genius type I don't mind.

I dislike the cryptic attention seeking statuses and the couples who post mushy "love my husband", and then he replies "love u too babe" (whilst sat next to her on the sofa). confused

mrsjay Fri 27-Dec-13 16:37:24

<stomps feet> i wanna see the zombie playmobil grin

pictish Fri 27-Dec-13 16:32:13

I put up a photo today. The little ones had arranged all the new Playmobil people into a zombie walk with their arms out. Looked great. I got on the floor, snapped it and shared it. My only Christmas photo so far this year.

I apologise for my insensitive arseholery, in rubbing my Playmobil into the faces of those who don't have any.

SPsWantsCliffInHerStocking Fri 27-Dec-13 16:28:24

Not arranging here. I just take a pic as they are and send.

I post mainly pictures of The 'Tude and my siblings.

If people don't like it they can delete me. Its not hard.

I now have a sudden desire to post some Xmas pics on my FB now so my family/friends can get the rage see we had a lovely time. FFS some people are sooo uptight! Totally agree with OP isn't that what FB is for??

Can't stand PA vague posts though!

ItsIgginningToLookALotLikeXmas Fri 27-Dec-13 15:59:02

Mintyy I love your post fgrin

NewYearsHeave Fri 27-Dec-13 15:56:57

Is this another one of those Facebook threads then?

horsetowater Fri 27-Dec-13 15:52:08

Has anyone mentioned the people that say, smugy I don't do facebook but i do look on it to see what other people are doing

WTF? You do it or you don't. Don't be a bloody voyeur.

usualsuspect Fri 27-Dec-13 15:51:31

I don't post many pictures on FB. But I have no problems with my friends that do.

If they annoyed me I would hide or defriend.It's quite easy to do.

KrabbyPatty Fri 27-Dec-13 15:49:41

I like FB.

Anyone that irritates me by boasting/posting boring minutiae/posting 185 pics of 1d book signing (really)/sharing stupid 'like if you want to cure cancer' posts/not managing basic grammar... is hidden.

GoodNewsGrinch Fri 27-Dec-13 15:49:37

I like Facebook 95% of the time. Just some people behave oddly in it. I've deleted my account for prolonged periods but then I missed out on events my friends set up because people forget that the whole world isn't on it.

SilverApples Fri 27-Dec-13 15:47:51

There seems to be a simple answer though. If you dislike FB, don't use it.

GoodNewsGrinch Fri 27-Dec-13 15:47:35

Would you artfully arrange it though? I swear it must have taken her longer to arrange it into a pretty looking like than to eat the stuff confused.

Like I say, in isolation maybe it would be fine, but she posts about 5 times a day with this crap. I get that I'm meant to be envious of her perfect lies life, but I just think it makes her look like a twat when in fact, she's really nice in RL grin.

usualsuspect Fri 27-Dec-13 15:46:34

If I'm having a nice cup of tea or a vodka and I update my status about it.

I'm not really having a glass of water and faking my drinking habits.

mrsjay Fri 27-Dec-13 15:45:55

I do Hide those who are feeling blessed though I had somebody the other week who was feeling blessed because she was having lunch with a friend, makes me want to poke them till it hurts grin

SPsWantsCliffInHerStocking Fri 27-Dec-13 15:44:56

Good The pictures of food etc don't bother me. Its what FB is for. Mundane shite. I use SnapChat for my food pics grin

Mia4 Fri 27-Dec-13 15:44:19

If you set your privacy settings Sparklingbrook, you can stop them even finding you. They won't be able to see anything, message you or friend you. The only downside is that the onus is then on you to find and friend people because others can't find/friend you.

Or just deny the request and block them smile

It is a networking site but you choose who to network with, just because you choose very carefully doesn't mean you shouldn't have one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now