To love Frys Chocolate?

(178 Posts)
SPsDoesntLikeChaffingFishnets Mon 11-Nov-13 19:07:47

I don't really like dark chocolate but I love Frys.

I have a bar of mint cream and one orange cream.

I think the Orange is my favourite. It also reminds of my Great Grandfather who uses to sneak us it in church.

He used to tell us it was magic and kept him alive.

Anyone else?

PainInTheBum Mon 11-Nov-13 22:55:36

Fryss chocolate is horrible and I've not seen it in any B&M bargains so just stay the hell away from there. am getting cold sweats out of fear they will run out, time to go and empty the shelf again

Ohh I want some coconut ice now, I make a lovely coconut ice, I also want to make some fudge and marshmallows....

Why did you have to start this thread on the same day I started my diet you caaaahh? angry

tasteslikechicken Mon 11-Nov-13 23:14:30

The chewing gum that tasted like toothpaste/medicine was stimmorol

Frys Turkish delight is my FAVORITE candy of all time. You cant buy it here sad. Well you can but only from the import shop and its $19.60 for 12. Then once I actually have 12 in the house, it shouts at me from the freezer where I hide keep it to stop it going mushy,till I eat it all

SPsDoesntLikeChaffingFishnets Mon 11-Nov-13 23:24:47

I don't like Turkish Delight.

MyBoilsAreFab Tue 12-Nov-13 12:48:19

Ooh, just remembered about Secret Agents. Anyone remember these? You got differrent flavours - I remember there being Toffee Apple Flavour.

BuzzardBird Tue 12-Nov-13 13:08:33

Mint cracknel anyone?

BuzzardBird Tue 12-Nov-13 13:10:12

'Counters' are Galaxy Tastes and are still available in Aldi

SPsDoesntLikeChaffingFishnets Tue 12-Nov-13 13:30:30

Frys Peppermint Cream straight from the fridge.

Yum!

tasteslikechicken Tue 12-Nov-13 14:32:45

Secret Agents. Very Good Call indeed. I liked the cherry ones. I remember you used to have to roll out the paper sleeve wrapped around them and then crack the secret agents code to reveal a message.

On a different, but nonetheless nostalgic vein, does anyone remember those packs you bought that showed a landscape and you were given a sheet of rub down transfers to make the picture complete.

SunshineAndPeardrops Tue 12-Nov-13 15:53:01

Lidl sell coconut ice. It's part of their Christmas Deluxe range.

I've bought my mum some Liquorice Torpedoes for Christmas from B&M.
I also bought my nan a bag of mint imperials, but I ate those blush

Whistleblower0 Tue 12-Nov-13 16:31:23

If you hae a B&M bargains near you then they currently have a four pack of the plain ones for £1.99. They also have the orange and mint ones @ 39 p each.

giraffesCantGoGuising Tue 12-Nov-13 20:04:49

Just been to the shop and bought one - I blame you all!

SPsDoesntLikeChaffingFishnets Tue 12-Nov-13 20:16:10

Whistle That's where I got them from grin

Whistleblower0 Wed 13-Nov-13 10:26:06

Actually i just looked at my receipt from B&M. It was £1.69 for the four pack not £1.99. Even better smile

Osmiornica Wed 13-Nov-13 18:50:27

What was that chewing gum that tasted like tcp and came in a tin? Vile stuff.

Love frys though but hated the multi flavoured one. Coconut ice is sold in loads of places especially touristy shops by the sea. It looks easy to make if you can't find any.

Osmiornica Wed 13-Nov-13 18:51:18

Actually, I take that back it wasn't tcp it was germaline.

catsmother Wed 13-Nov-13 19:02:02

This thread is torturous because Fry's 5 Centres and Cabanas were my two most favourite choccy bars in the world and I still salivate just thinking about them.

Also remember the Dairy Milk Bar with assorted different shapes and centres - yes, loved the lime barrel, and Cadbury's mint cracknel bar (might have been called Ice Breaker ??) with shards of peppermint that shattered into very sharp pieces when you bit into the bar and you had to watch you didn't cut your mouth. Mr Simms shops do actually sell, in their Australian section, something akin to the old Dairy Milk Bar (no lime barrel though) but it's bloody £4.99 (!!), as well as something very similar to the "sharp" shatter mint cracknel and, Cherry Ripes (which are as close to Cabanas you're ever going to get, though without the caramel) but even those come in at about £2.50 each which is hardly affordable.

(This thread dates me and makes me about 147 hmm )

Bitofkipper Wed 13-Nov-13 19:13:19

Fry's Five Centres were wonderful but a bit frustrating because the colour didn't change exactly on the dividing line.

Milk tray bars had a marzipan bit which was heaven!

drigon Thu 14-Nov-13 02:38:27

Tasteslike and Myboils- I remember the sweets you're talking about! I thought they were Double Agents. May be wrong! Loved the dark version of 5 centres and would love to see it brought back.

MyBoilsAreFab Thu 14-Nov-13 08:57:30

drigon Yes! Double Agents!

I think I do remember Ice Breakers, think there was Mint Cracknell as well?

Does anyone remember Bazooka Joes? Bubble gum that I think had a small cartoon with it, and you could save them up to buy things?

SP I was in the Lowry Shopping Mall in Salford a few months ago. They have a Cadbury "Outlet" and they sold boxes of 6 assorted Frys Cremes.

Also they sell BOXES of SINGLE FLAVOUR ROSES.

I spent £20 in literally no time at all.

EeyoreIsh Thu 14-Nov-13 14:13:53

I'm going to have to buy some now angry

I LOVE them. My guilty pleasure.

SPsDoesntLikeChaffingFishnets Fri 15-Nov-13 13:35:58

Just bought 4 for £1 in Poundland!

Single flavour Roses?! Oh god, I would buy enough to bath in orange and strawberry creams grin

Jbck Fri 15-Nov-13 18:17:13

SP was it Fry's Cream in Poundland? I thought I'd done well with 4 for £1.50
[excited emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now