AIBU to think that this is too late? Fireworks

(16 Posts)
pyjamaramadrama Thu 31-Oct-13 06:48:08

The local council are putting on the annual fireworks display in one of the big parks in the city. Along with a funfair.

It's Disney themed, so seems to be aimed at children. But it's on Tuesday night 8-10pm.

Ok so I know Tuesday is actually bonfire night, but aren't most kids tucked up on bed by 8 or soon after fit school the next day? Might have been better to be held on the weekend?

pyjamaramadrama Thu 31-Oct-13 06:49:34

Tucked up in bed for school.

BoundandRebound Thu 31-Oct-13 06:52:33

Depends on the children's ages and its clearly not designed for toddlers but for families after work

I'd keep an 8 year old plus up till 10 for a special occasion and they'd be fine

BoundandRebound Thu 31-Oct-13 06:53:38

Bonfire night is 5th November and not a convenient surrounding date - its immovable, like Christmas

bananananacoconuts Thu 31-Oct-13 06:55:42

Ooh what city are you in? Would love me some disney fireworks!

Artandco Thu 31-Oct-13 06:56:16

Sounds fine. Any earlier and hardly anyone will turn up as at work etc etc ( well here as most people I know work until 6/7pm)

Euphemia Thu 31-Oct-13 06:58:33

I would have thought that 6.30-8pm or 7-8.30pm would have done. Surely they won't have two hours of fireworks?!

I hope to goodness none of my class goes to a display as late as that!

pyjamaramadrama Thu 31-Oct-13 06:58:56

Birmingham, thought it might have been better being held on Saturday.

I'm sure all the ones we went to as children were on the weekends.

I'm just annoyed that I won't be able to take ds 5.

livinginwonderland Thu 31-Oct-13 07:05:03

Well, most funfairs are aimed at older kids, not 5 year olds or toddlers. Most of them have height restrictions and you generally have to be about 8 or 9 to be able to ride.

I don't think 10pm is too late at all. It's only one night. We have fireworks displays around here tomorrow, Saturday and on Bonfire Night itself. I assume they couldn't have it at the weekend for financial reasons, or because there's another big display on the same night. No big deal.

mummytime Thu 31-Oct-13 07:06:25

Our local town ones are always on actual Bonfire night. They start with a big procession.
Despite living very close I think only one of my DC has been once, and that was with a friend. On the other hand we have been to the school ones several times, they are usually the Friday after the 5th.

kali110 Thu 31-Oct-13 07:25:21

Where in bham?know someone who would live that. Think a lit of people now finish work later so displays seem to be getting later. Think one off isnt so bad.

pyjamaramadrama Thu 31-Oct-13 07:42:55

Pyle Hayes park, does look pretty good.

GlitterFingers Thu 31-Oct-13 07:43:36

Ooo please let us know where it is I'm in Birmingham and it sounds good grin

GlitterFingers Thu 31-Oct-13 07:44:56

Ah thought it would be there hadn't heard it was Disney themed sounds amazing! My child's a baby so it's ok she won't have to be up for school wink

pyjamaramadrama Thu 31-Oct-13 07:49:44

Very jealous. I miss the pre school days.

It's quite far for me plus you have to get a shuttle bus then from parking.

pyjamaramadrama Thu 31-Oct-13 07:50:54

Yes on the city council website it says Disney themed with a surprise at the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now