To wonder where this 'storm' is

(163 Posts)
WholeNutt Sun 27-Oct-13 22:04:51

5am we had a pathetic attempt at a thunderstorm, it's been a gorgeous day today only just started raining. I have torches, curtains and windows open ready to enjoy 'St Jude's' but nothing...why do we bother having a weather forecast!

Disclaimer: While I enjoy a few gusts and thunder and lightening I in no way want a huge storm that will affect others in any negative way*

OverMyDeadQODdy Sun 27-Oct-13 22:51:50

You on a hill saint? It's died back a bit but deffo strong winds. Trees down in local town too

PestoSpookissimos Sun 27-Oct-13 22:53:02

It is in Brighton!!

It's bl**dy lashing down and windy as hell!

soontobeburns Sun 27-Oct-13 22:53:09

Im in NI no news of a storm here. I only knew about it because of MN.

We had awful weather on Thursday/Friday morning though.

willing to be corrected if im wrong and storm is due here

pianodoodle Sun 27-Oct-13 22:53:14

It's a comin according to my geeky weather radar smile

I'm too tired to wait though so will have to go to bed and see if it's hung around in the morning!

Oo Pesto, why do you get it and not me? <<pouts>>

DP is talking about not going to uni tomorrow and me having a day off of work hmm He relies on the recently unreliable buses, but I surely should be able to drive 4 miles after 9am right?! It's supposed to be down to 40mph gusts then...

TiredDog Sun 27-Oct-13 22:54:49

It's right outside my bedroom sad

Wonderstuff Sun 27-Oct-13 22:55:17

Very calm in Hampshire so far..

It's been windy for days though, rain isn't so bad atm? confused

PestoSpookissimos Sun 27-Oct-13 22:55:49

Pixie, you can have it!

I'm s'posed to be driving DD2 to Tunbridge Wells first thing in the morning and I don't think it will be safe!

Dogsmom Sun 27-Oct-13 22:56:15

Positively balmy here in staffs,some local weather guy I follow on fb reckons it's not going to be anywhere near as bad as the scaremongers reckon.

saintmerryweather Sun 27-Oct-13 22:57:06

nah QOD am on the marsh. just lots an lots of rain

Not too early I hope? Even if you miss the winds there may well be flooding and fallen things on the road. Is it something that can be missed if need be?

youarewinning Sun 27-Oct-13 22:59:25

It's still somewhere SW off the SW coast of UK!

eddiemairswife Sun 27-Oct-13 23:00:44

Very quiet in Wolverhampton.

cjel Sun 27-Oct-13 23:12:50

Its not in Brighton yet, thats just bad weather the storm is due in a few hours and probably won't even make brighton.!!

OP I think you are 24hrs out. Its due Sunday night Monday morningsmile

kaleysmiley Mon 28-Oct-13 00:04:03

well its calmish in London although rain is coming down !! ..... trains r all cancelled in the morning though whooooop lay in for us haha

GobbySadcase Mon 28-Oct-13 00:04:45

Well people in Dorset appear to be seeing it...

giraffesCantGoGuising Mon 28-Oct-13 00:08:31

I don't think it is meant to be as bad as "hurricane bawbag" is it?

kaleysmiley Mon 28-Oct-13 00:11:19

no it isn't meant to actually that bad , but all the articles r different .. some say just like normal winter weather but earlier so leaves still on trees etc which will make it seem wotse ... others say that it will be worse than 2008 and then other says just as bad as 1987 lol ...... don't think they have a clue if I am honest !

mydadsdaughter Mon 28-Oct-13 00:12:04

It's here in somerset !

ChilliJo Mon 28-Oct-13 00:30:26

It's totally wild here in Bournemouth; really, really windy and this isn't even the real deal yet, that's still a couple of hours off.

pigsDOfly Mon 28-Oct-13 00:37:13

I don't know which part of Brighton the people are you are experiencing stormy weather. I'm with you cjel, it looks more like very heavy rain and a bit of a wind to me at the moment. Although it does look as if it has the potential to get nasty.

Off to bed soon, so hopefully will sleep through it.

Oops, perhaps I spoke too soon, lights just flashed, so think it might be picking up a bit.

missnevermind Mon 28-Oct-13 00:40:59

No sign of it in the midlands yet. Very very quiet here, reminds me of a saying ..........

Boardingblues Mon 28-Oct-13 00:42:29

Here in Berks, the wind is picking up and it is raining very heavily

Sounds pretty bad out there here in Devon, not biblical I'll admit but pretty stormy nonetheless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now