To wonder what has happened to the postman

(64 Posts)

I have had 1 piece of post since Friday, I normally get at least a piece of junk mail/leaflet...I'm starting to ponder whether he is on strike/been sacked and or kidnapped grin

I have not seen him wondering round the area as I often used to!

Any ideas? smile

Pobblewhohasnotoes Wed 23-Oct-13 11:47:05

Um....you have no post? I wouldn't worry about not getting junk mail, I would love that.

UnexpectedFrightInShaggingArea Wed 23-Oct-13 11:48:34

My dog ate him.

Oh yeah I normally hate it but I have had literally nothing since the 1 bit I got on Friday! It doesn't help that I am actually expecting something through the post and the lack of any form of mail is disturbing pissing me off a bit grin

My postie is six foot odd, is your dog in fact a bear? grin

GreenVelvet Wed 23-Oct-13 11:52:10

I thought it was just me, in my street! I made a complaint to Royal Mail yesterday (bet that made a difference). Have no idea whats happening...

freddiefrog Wed 23-Oct-13 11:52:13

I quite like it when I'm not getting any post. Our postman only brings junk or bills these days

GreenVelvet what area are you in?

UnexpectedFrightInShaggingArea Wed 23-Oct-13 11:55:48

No, but he is very hungry and postman is his favourite meal. I will check his poo for those red rubber band thingies.

MadeOfStarDust Wed 23-Oct-13 11:57:39

Ours just delivered NINE bits of junk from Barclaycard -

1 to me spelled correctly, 2 to me spelled incorrectly, one to hubby , 3 to us as a couple with a variety of Initials and names and one to someone who used to live here 15 years ago...... and 2 for the same number but xxx Close instead of our road... .... and it is ALL complete junk..... (well, haven't checked the ones that aren't ours, but they look identical..) arghhhhhhhhhhhhh....

I remember a postman I had in my last flat, left them all over the landing, in the lift, stair wells! I started collecting them into a pretty impressively sized rubber band ball!

Perhaps your dog ate the post? As apposed to the actual postman who would be a little large for most dogs to finish whole. I'm not saying it's unlikely he took a finger or possibly a whole hand, but a whole postman seems like a big meal. Do you feed him? The dog, I mean, not the postman.

I thought there was some sort of strike planned over the privatisation? Don't know anything about the actual strike plans.

At least your posty is better than ours. Ours can't read. We've come to that conclusion because mail in our streets just seems to be randomly shoved into any old letterbox.

MadeOfStarDust Wed 23-Oct-13 11:58:37

and I can't count - it is TEN!!! even worse

NoGoodPickingNames Wed 23-Oct-13 11:59:17

I'm not getting post either. My last piece was friday.

I've also not seen any Postman around the streets

I don't have any pets! grin

Viviennemary Wed 23-Oct-13 12:03:18

They're all away on a luxury cruise with their share money. Don't blame them either!

nicole1528 Wed 23-Oct-13 12:06:39

Alot of post mans have gone on strike if that helps smile

With reference to another thread (bad form, I know), perhaps your DH ate the post as there was no cereal available?

grin

UnexpectedFrightInShaggingArea Wed 23-Oct-13 12:29:11

If the dog can't finish a bone in one sitting he buries the rest for later.

I'll check the garden for any fresh, postman-shaped holes.

Sallykitten Wed 23-Oct-13 12:41:07

Given it's October you probably have a Christmas temp on who is binning/stealing your post.

Hope that helps.

KittyMcFumble Wed 23-Oct-13 12:45:25

I had my credit card bill yesterday.
I saw two this morning - ambling along, chatting and laughing but I witnessed no actual delivering of post despite them both having huge bags of the stuff.

LineRunner Wed 23-Oct-13 12:47:12

I just saw my postman getting in a taxi with his postbag and everything. And no post for me today.

Postman Pat
He's a lazy fucking twat

Nice eyes, though.

GreenVelvet Wed 23-Oct-13 12:56:00

Smiles and Sunshine, do you live in my street? Are you me? I have also been waiting for something important, I felt quite angry and puzzled waiting too.

I live on South coast. I rang their stupid call centre yesterday. No strike yet or anything (that's 4 November) but I think theyre's something amiss. I think we should be told.

*PostmanPat
He's a lazy f...g twat*

Made me larf.

My postman arriving today - just chucked a couple of Amazon books outside on wet floor, now one of them is slightly damaged biscuit.

BloodiedGhouloshes Wed 23-Oct-13 12:58:08

That is funny, I was just thinking 'where the fuck has the post gone'? Also nothing since Friday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now