To ask what you think your MN name says about you?

(323 Posts)
ArgyMargy Sun 20-Oct-13 12:24:03

I recently got told on a thread that my nickname suggests I wouldn't offer sympathy to fellow MNers. How do you think people perceive your name as reflecting your posting style, and do you think I should change mine?

That I like Gone With The Wind?
Which I do, very much,however it just happened to be the last book I was rereading when I registered.
I lack imagination when it comes to UNs.

HereComesHoneyBooBooDragon Sun 20-Oct-13 12:26:52

That I'm a massive cunt.

TEErickOrTEEreat Sun 20-Oct-13 12:27:24

That my niece couldn't say 'Aunty' when she was learning to talk.

Well, my regular name. This name says I am dressed for Hallowe'en.

And no, I don't think you should change yours smile

DropYourSword Sun 20-Oct-13 12:28:07

That I love The Princess Bride!

DaddyPigsMistress Sun 20-Oct-13 12:28:07

I am the other woman of a overweight incompetent pig

mignonette Sun 20-Oct-13 12:28:17

That I am little? That I like Oysters? That I have French ancestry?

SPsTombRaidingWithCliff Sun 20-Oct-13 12:28:26

I think mine suggests that Cliff Richard is an acquaintance of mine and we sometimes go n a tomb raid.

I don't think it make me very approachable grin

But it does show my posting style as I post shite, mainly lighthearted and sometimes pictures of the main man.

I dont think you should change your name. If you were to would you change it to

TotallySympatheticToAllPosters grin

KatyPutTheCuttleOn Sun 20-Oct-13 12:29:06

That I am called Katy, I like sea creatures and a drink that involves putting the kettle on smile Does what it says on the tin.....

Well if they have a problem with you, anyfucker is fucked!

Mine, I hope people realise I'm Scottish. smile

SPsTombRaidingWithCliff Sun 20-Oct-13 12:29:54

Mig I always thought your name was a colour for some reason. Like a name from a dulux colour chart! blush grin

Strumpetron Sun 20-Oct-13 12:30:12

I'm a bit of a strumpet.

I joke, I just like the word.

Dawndonnaagain Sun 20-Oct-13 12:30:23

Either that I like a bit of word play, or I'm a little slow on the uptake, now and then!

We do Glaikit, at least the Scottish ones do wink

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Sun 20-Oct-13 12:30:54

I'm a wimp

themonsteratemyspacebar Sun 20-Oct-13 12:31:47

That i have a computer monster who comes and eats various parts of my keyboard

Heartbrokenmum73 Sun 20-Oct-13 12:32:03

Mine is from six months ago when ex decided to dump me after 19 years and I went for advice on Relationships.

I do want to change mine now actually, just trying to think of something appropriate.

Argy - I loved that thread yesterday! And your name makes me think of Onion Bhaji's (food obsessed? Moi?) so please don't change it.

FairOfFaceButFullOfWoe Sun 20-Oct-13 12:32:05

I worry mine makes me look like I have quite a high opinion of myself.

Really it's based on the poem 'Mondays child' because I was born on a Monday but sometimes feel a Wednesday would have suited me more!

FadBook Sun 20-Oct-13 12:32:12

Don't change it. A nick name is just that - it's to protect anonymity.

Mine probably implies I hate Facebook when in fact the opposite is true grin I have a love/hate relationship with that social networking site - it's a 'fad' because people, IMO, create updates /photos to look interesting.

TheDietStartsTomorrow Sun 20-Oct-13 12:32:13

That I'm a greedy, procrastinating chocoholic, foodaholic actually, that thinks about dieting far too much but doesn't actually do anything about it. hmm

And that I resolve to do something about it every 2-3 days, but think I'll finish off the last few remnants of cake or that box of chocolates that's sitting on my bedside cabinet but by the time that happens, I've already bought another one.

Basically, I'm a person wih little self control. That's what it says about me.

colleysmill Sun 20-Oct-13 12:32:16

That i am too attached to the past and I know far too much than is healthy about Camberwick Green.

Colleys Mill is the name of the windmill where Windy Miller lives. smile

Pobblewhohasnotoes Sun 20-Oct-13 12:32:20

That I read a lot of children's books.

Ten points to someone who can tell me which one (without the aid of google).

mignonette Sun 20-Oct-13 12:35:05

SpS I know what you mean. Mignonnette is also a favourite flowering plant of mine with a really heavy scent. So It may well have been a paint name but is a bit too twee for Farrow & Ball. grin

DarkTherapy Sun 20-Oct-13 12:35:55

That I think internet forums are a sinister form of psychoanalysis...or I like Echobelly...the choice is yours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now