To be fed up with people telling me I look tired?

(33 Posts)
Kefybaby Sat 19-Oct-13 21:19:54

What is the point? Yes, I am knackered running around two young DC and working full time. Do you need to rub in that I look bad? Sympathy it ain't! angry

Mumof3xx Sun 20-Oct-13 08:08:06

Agreed its rude

Pisses me right off especially when said by colleagues with no kids who still live with their ruddy patents

ipswichwitch Sun 20-Oct-13 08:14:01

I get this all the time since I have pale skin and get ruddy great dark circles under my eyes at the least hint of tiredness. 2 people asked me this week if I had a black eye! Then when I said no one actually said are you sure? confused like I would forget getting a black eye.

But yes, such comments are rarely followed by any offer of practical help or even a cup of tea - it's just designed to make you feel even more shit so I now say of course I'm bloody tired - I'm 32 weeks pregnant with chronic heartburn, carpal tunnel syndrome and bad hips, and a toddler that doesn't like sleep and I have to get up at 6.30 for work.

changeforthebetter Sun 20-Oct-13 08:21:51

brewbrewbrewbrewbrew

Thoughtless buggers!

I look shattered and ill and I'm pre-menstrual angry I bet I look worse than you wink

ipswichwitch Sun 20-Oct-13 09:03:40

Thanks for the cuppa change grin
An ex-boyfriends pet name for me was Morticia - yep, as in Adams - because I'm so pale. Silly twat actually thought it was a term of endearment and therefore nice! Didn't endear me to him, just added to the catalogue of reasons why he's ex!

Amber76 Sun 20-Oct-13 09:11:42

It drives me mad too - I don't mind when I am actually tired but hate it being said when I think I look fine. My "wish I had the courage to be rude" response:
"You look tired"
Me: "So do you, you look terrible...did you get any sleep at all last night?" All said in a very faux sympathetic tone.

AgentZigzag Sun 20-Oct-13 11:29:36

I was called Morticia as well ipswich, even had in on my name badge at work grin

Kefybaby Sun 20-Oct-13 11:40:06

Amber, I am going to try saying this too! grin

happylittlebear Mon 21-Oct-13 00:31:16

Oh this gives me the rage!

I get "you look pale" from my DF. Surely he knows what my skin colour is by now???angry

He's started saying it to DS as well, I mean what's a 3 year old supposed to do about looking pale?

I wouldn't mind but we got this deathly hue from him confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now