Girls knickers

(85 Posts)
Sweatpea4 Thu 17-Oct-13 21:12:11

I think it is time that manufacturers made girls knickers, mainly age 2 to at least 8years, full size instead of Bikini briefs. I am fed up of my grandchildren showing bare backs because their pants are so short in the body that their vests will not stay in, resulting in their backs getting cold, not good for the kidneys.
What do others think please?
Linda

Loveleopardprint Fri 18-Oct-13 19:19:34

I like Gap knickers for my dds. They are comfy come in both plain and patterned style, a sensible kidney covering size and nice thick material that lasts.

coppertop Fri 18-Oct-13 19:06:31

I prefer knickers to cover both sets of cheeks. I don't want to get cold gums.

Gladys

Echocave Fri 18-Oct-13 19:00:32

This thread reminds me of an old Victoria Wood sketch [shows age] in which Julie Walters was playing a slightly bonkers woman who pointed out that a friend had 'just got over that chill on her kidneys'.
Although being cold can lower the immune system's ability to fight infection, I'm not sure that the kidneys themselves are particularly vulnerable!
Am guffawing at 'you do know the kidneys are located on the inside of the body?' . Hahaha.

DameFanny Fri 18-Oct-13 18:25:30

My sister once complained that she couldn't find knickers to cover my niece's nappy. I still fail to understand why you would need knickers if wearing a nappy.

Tesco are the worst. Brought dd some and they are tiny. I will stick to boden, maxomorra and h&m in future

Branleuse Fri 18-Oct-13 18:01:34

boden girls knickers are the best ive found.

IHatePingu Fri 18-Oct-13 17:54:54

Clearly a hairy handed trucker with small bollocks...hence the sweaty peas. QED.

<awaits either post deletion for troll-hunting or great thread deletion message>

SocksinBoots Fri 18-Oct-13 17:47:14

I've had kidney problems and I love a big pair of knickers to keep them tucked in and warm smile

Big knickers are a treat.

RevelsRoulette Fri 18-Oct-13 17:47:00

If I scratch my arse, I need to wee.

s'true.

RevelsRoulette Fri 18-Oct-13 17:46:23

ok well, obviously there is no danger of kidneys getting cold. They are inside the body and temperature is controlled from within. A thin layer of cotton makes no difference whatsoever.

But of course you were joking about that.

On the issue of little girls pants being little more than thongs, I agree. They should be far more substantial.

Trills Fri 18-Oct-13 17:42:14

If your kidneys get cold it makes you want to wee. Fact.

SpottyDottie Fri 18-Oct-13 17:38:15

Even I say 'They are going to get a chill in their kidneys' never mind my mum!!

Salmotrutta Fri 18-Oct-13 17:17:16

Bloomers are the only option.

<tut>

Agatha

Blatherskite Fri 18-Oct-13 16:53:02

Glad I'm not the only one with a Batman obsessed DD ColderThanAWitchsTitty smile

She also loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Her "boys" pyjamas are her favourite and they definitely keep her kidneys warm

farewellfarewell Fri 18-Oct-13 00:47:43

hmmm. ....

pigletmania Fri 18-Oct-13 00:21:09

Yanbu at all, girls briefs seem to be very flimsy, and do not cover well, my dd is 6 and rake thin , I have to get sizes 8-9 for good coverage. Iam glad Asda do te boy shorts, which offer better coverage

BoreOfWhabylon Thu 17-Oct-13 23:29:32

A liberty bodice and red flannel petticoat is best for keeping the kidneys from becoming chilled.

And no clout-casting ere May is out.

eddiemairswife Thu 17-Oct-13 23:19:51

The thing about kidneys is really intriguing. I wonder when it originated. My grandma (born 1879) said you need to keep your kidneys warm; my mother's take on this was that little boys need to keep them warm. As for me, I bought M and S knickers for my girls and never gave a thought for the temperature of their kidneys.

Dammit can I discuss my supergirl knickers anywhere safe without Dave the long distance lorry driver having a tommy tank in his sleeper cab.

I have an excellent pair of supergirl pants!

PedlarsSpanner Thu 17-Oct-13 22:54:30

yes I am calling trucker

Reported

Asda cutting!

PatriciaHolm Thu 17-Oct-13 22:50:51

Only post ever is about girls knickers. Really??

usualsuspect Thu 17-Oct-13 22:31:13

I still wear a vest sometimes and I'm in my 50s.

Gertie.

Picturesinthefirelight Thu 17-Oct-13 22:26:55

Vests at age 8 - really?

I wish they'd sell cheap nude coloured knickers for children as dd wants them under her leotard but the smallest size is Primark size 6-8

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now