wibu to call Dh common for sitting on the front door step. in the sun

(107 Posts)
waikikamookau Mon 07-Oct-13 15:05:21

tis a council house thing, imo. I wouldn't do it, <<didn't grow up on council estate, but DH did>>

Preciousbane Mon 07-Oct-13 18:03:13

I love sitting on my front step, I have a little garden which is basked in late afternoon sun. Reminds me of being small, I used to be sat out on the front step for hours at the age of 2. Can you imagine that these days.

I'm in a council house and I have been doing this while toddler played out and my neighbour was in her garden.

Couldn't give a diving pope if its common.

littlewhitebag Mon 07-Oct-13 19:03:25

I would never sit on my front step. My house is north facing and it is always cold.

The back door however is lovely. I like to sit positioned just inside the doorway out of the draught. My DH has put a table and chairs plus a bench in the garden, but i prefer the doorway.

I grew up in a council house grin. My current house is proper posh.

Salmotrutta Mon 07-Oct-13 19:04:43

Does he eat in the street as well?

<tut>

Edithmark Mon 07-Oct-13 20:01:30

And me and DHT always sit on our back step despite having a table and chairs outside. It's companiable...we wedge ourselves in the door way that way you can be warmish and hear the DCs but still be outside with a beer in your hand enjoying the sunset.

Salmotrutta Mon 07-Oct-13 20:06:57

A beer in your hand??? shock

What would Her Maj think? shock

Edithmark Mon 07-Oct-13 22:34:09

I know! But is Ok we are def. middle class got masters degrees from posh universities and read The Guardian. Also go to the opera a lot. And have actually truly been to tea with the Queen (ok, a garden party, but even so...). It was Her Maj wot gave us speshul dispensation to drink beer in our own garden and never mind what the neighbours think. That's what she and Phil do of an evening. Then they ring for a kebab. It's traditional English life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now