To be a bit suspicious of all the wide eyed 'why do muslims' and 'is this racist' threads?

(435 Posts)
MrsDeVere Mon 07-Oct-13 12:55:18

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Yep, agendas ahoy.

TheVermiciousKnid Mon 07-Oct-13 12:59:24

Yanbu. Depressing.

Hayleyh34 Mon 07-Oct-13 13:00:24

YANBU

HoneyDragon Mon 07-Oct-13 13:00:31

This thread comes a slight relief. I thought I was being paranoid and overly sensitive.

BuzzardBirdBloodBath Mon 07-Oct-13 13:00:50

Ah, she's onto em...

MrsDeVere Mon 07-Oct-13 13:01:21

So are they targeting MN or are there just a lot of individual posters who are incapable of rational thought?

wigglesrock Mon 07-Oct-13 13:02:12

YANBU, it's just all a bit depressing and obvious now.

EldritchCleavage Mon 07-Oct-13 13:02:16

God yeah. Just posted similar on the 'black man' thread.

Beyond coincidence, replicates threads we've had relatively recently, lots of posters with names I don't recognise piling in to say things that are either disingenuous or unbelievably thick.

Dobbiesmum Mon 07-Oct-13 13:02:27

YANBU at all.

nicename Mon 07-Oct-13 13:02:55

They're like buses - you don't see one for ages then loads come along together.

The press seems to be keeping up with their 'outrage' stories too. That and Lauren Booth blabbering on (for the column inches) telling us all how right she is about religion and child rearing these days.

There are some 'you white people' and 'you lot all have underage sex' posters on here too which are equally as tiresome.

I suspect some bored/lazy 'journalists' or freelancers are just stirring the pot.

Ignore, don't engage and they will get tired. I'm just sticking to the baking threads for a while.

Mischief making morons. I ignore most but some just make you cross. It's too nice a day to spend time dealing with it. Ignoring works best....

Madlizzy Mon 07-Oct-13 13:05:09

I just ignore threads like that. They can only fan the flames if people engage.

YouTheCat Mon 07-Oct-13 13:05:51

I am sick of it. But I can't stop myself posting when I see such utter crap. It is really boiling my piss.

ubik Mon 07-Oct-13 13:06:38

Why do you think journalists would post threads like this? What is there to gain exactly? It's not really a story is it?

'Some mumsnetters are really stupid shock'

MrsDeVere Mon 07-Oct-13 13:06:48

Ah ha but thats where they are a bit different.
They tend to start off in a fairly benign way.
By the time you realise what is going on its too late.

You are sucked in.

EldritchCleavage Mon 07-Oct-13 13:07:07

Another one just popped up-imams advocating child marriage. OP is not getting an easy ride, thank heavens.

quoteunquote Mon 07-Oct-13 13:07:17

As long as you reply to the OP, with a genuine response, the information you share is sincere, it matters not if they are a troll.

Hopefully anyone who is reading, who maybe able to relate to the situation being discussed will find something useful in the responses,

If some sad sack wants to be a troll, let them, they always come unstuck eventually, none of us have to live with them, they fester all alone for eternity knowing that they will never be a complete person, just a shadow of their full potential, they choose to waste their one and only life, being sad and pointless.

We know they will never quite get it, because we never see threads started, "Help, I have a compulsive urge to troll all the time, how do I stop".

The Human race will always have the thick, stupid,vile and nasty, all we can do is hope that one day they will finally get what life is all about, unfortunately for the really sad ones, they don't.

I put the above on another thread couldn't be bothered to rewrite.

People who do care about animal welfare have opinions on halal meat, Forced marriage and women covering themselves up are issues that are relatively new problems introduced to society, these issues are going to come up time and again, either avoid the threads, give a genuine reply or report to MNHQ if you think the whole think has a fishy smell.

YouTheCat Mon 07-Oct-13 13:07:27

And isn't it odd that Fruity has only posted on her thread about forced marriages and the latest Halal meat one? hmm

EldritchCleavage Mon 07-Oct-13 13:07:49

Mass comedy derail required. Where's Hullygully when you really need her?

MrsDeVere Mon 07-Oct-13 13:09:13

I am just getting ready for DS2's Black History Month assembly.

Blood Pc GORN MAAAAD. You don't see a white history month do you? Huh, oh NO THAT would be racist and anyone who mentioned it would be put in jail.

I know because it happened to my mum's, friend's, great aunt.

Onesleeptillwembley Mon 07-Oct-13 13:09:14

YA totally NBU. It's quite patronising, as well.

We even had the "some of my friends are..." comment. You could almost play bingo.

YouTheCat Mon 07-Oct-13 13:10:05

HOUSE! grin

MrsDeVere Mon 07-Oct-13 13:11:39

They are not technically trolls though are they?

Trolls do stuff for a laugh or to cause problems.

This is different. They may be using trollish techniques but they are not inventing things. They believe it and are trying to spread the message.

Maybe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now