...to think that the X Factor is manipulative shite and why the hell do I watch it?!

(99 Posts)
mynameismskane Sat 05-Oct-13 23:00:01

How could two of the best singers NOT be put through? First Sharon and her stupid decision to let Joe Wheelan go (and put that AWFUL Shelly through instead) and then Louis let Paul - who was one of the best singers ever to grace X Factor's doors - go.

Why the fuck do I watch this shit and get so irate? They don't give a toss about the people who go on there do they?

Arghh!

mrsjay Sun 06-Oct-13 10:26:42

I have always wanted to do this. This is my only chance stuff" when they are only 18 really is annoying.

yes this is all I ever wanted to do if i dot get through my life is over SHUT UP YOU ARE 16 behave yourself angry

FavoriteThings Sun 06-Oct-13 10:26:45

Which Ben Elton book, Katie Scarlett?

samu2 Sun 06-Oct-13 10:27:06

Ben Elton book?

I hope there is a wildcard and the sexy builder comes back.

ubik Sun 06-Oct-13 10:27:22

Everytime I flick past it on TV there is some teen snotting and bubbling while the dead-eyed reptilian judges pretend to get emotional. It makes me want to put my foot through my telly.

CiderBomb Sun 06-Oct-13 10:28:10

I think the Ben Elton book is called Chart Throb.

mrsjay Sun 06-Oct-13 10:28:51

and Louis Walsh is now past embarassing (sp) with his head bobbing along to the music and he needed 3 helpers last night . 3 !

mrsjay Sun 06-Oct-13 10:30:04

there i a stage school place near me that does training on how to audition for x factor shock I wonder if they do snotty sobbing classes grin

ajandjjmum Sun 06-Oct-13 10:32:58

I gave it up a couple of years ago, and switched to Strictly.

mrsjay Sun 06-Oct-13 10:35:17

I prefer strictly I think watching Xfactor is a habit I need to find something else to watch on a saturday

Yes it was Chart Throb.
Couldn't remember at the time smile

Captainbarnacles1101 Sun 06-Oct-13 10:40:06

I would love to stop watching but my family are totally addicted. I was shocked Sharon let Joe go simply because he was we token man. I'd say he thought he was through too. As for Shelly being 34? They need to do a job on her she looks 10 yrs older!

FacebookWanker Sun 06-Oct-13 10:42:53

I can't believe Paul didn't get through, I think HeySoul has a point...

What? The X Factor is manipulative? What????

Yes, yes it is OP. Always has been and always will be. The money drives it forward, not the chance to find a really talented artist and therefore the people involved will never be treated well or fairly. Switch it off and do something else and your Saturdays will undoubtedly improve.

WeeHelena Sun 06-Oct-13 12:32:17

I don't watch it anymore but when I did I just watched the first auditions for the comedy and rarely watched the the last final.

Can't be bothered with all the sob stories that gets put in to milk the votes,everyone has a hard life at some point.

Do you think they keep the obviously crap trend singers to make a quick buck?
Rather than actually nurturing a truly talented person into a career?

mrsjay Sun 06-Oct-13 12:43:02

tbf the guy who didnt get through to sharons team did have a sob story how many times did he mention he was doing it for his son he had a son you know hmm

ohnoimnot Sun 06-Oct-13 12:51:33

Ive stopped watching is. Louie is thick!!

TotemPole Sun 06-Oct-13 12:54:36

Which one is Shelly? I missed it yesterday.

I'm fed up with it. The chairs thing was the last straw. We always record and wind through the sobs.
Did anyone know that guy had a son? Never had a contestant before who managed that achievement.

mrsjay Sun 06-Oct-13 12:58:16

Which one is Shelly? I missed it yesterday.

blonde woman from devon is a van driver doesn't want to drive a van anymore sigh

FrenchRuby Sun 06-Oct-13 13:02:31

The worst is when judges fake cry. I think it was last year when Louis did a big fake cry, it was just so cringey and staged (obviously).

mrsjay Sun 06-Oct-13 13:08:50

I didnt watch any of last year he cries all the time now there is a Irish girl in the girls and he knows her blah blah he sobbed when she was on apparently her family really need her to get through confused

TotemPole Sun 06-Oct-13 13:12:46

Thanks mrsjay.

samu2 Sun 06-Oct-13 13:12:52

I am pretty sure Simon tells them who to pick.

I doubt the judges really had a choice in who went through.

UnknownGnome Sun 06-Oct-13 13:13:55

They already know who the wonder will be. They make out like it's the public who decide but it's nite at all. The record contract is probably all drawn up and waiting to be signed. Perhaps the public vote held more sway in the early days ( Steve brookstein anyone?) but i think SyCo is cleverer now.

UnknownGnome Sun 06-Oct-13 13:14:55

Winner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now