to want a game of teacher bingo?

(183 Posts)
kim147 Mon 30-Sep-13 20:21:58

Long holidays.
Work till 3.30

Anyone care to join in? Seeing as it's the current theme at the moment.

PaulSmenis Thu 03-Oct-13 22:26:54

Or even get it down yourself.

PaulSmenis Thu 03-Oct-13 22:26:38

Make sure you get it doen yourself and make the most of it. Fwiw all the teachers I know suond like they deserve a good stiff drink by the end of the week. They usually have one too, maybe even shock a spliff!

Piss heads and stoners?

Can we add that to teacher bingo?

ravenAK Thu 03-Oct-13 18:44:36

Well. It would be true to say that our next INSET day is cunningly timed for the day after Prize Giving Evening in the Town Hall.

Which ends about 9.30.

Entire teaching staff are climbing over each other, elbows a-jab, at the bar of the nearest pub at 9.31...wink.

PaulSmenis Thu 03-Oct-13 13:39:39

The inset days are because they wanted a day off for their hangovers cause they went out on the lash the night before. That's true!

moldingsunbeams Thu 03-Oct-13 13:25:51

Dd is outraged at all these teachers on tv who say they are in school until 8pm everynight as ours drive past our house at half four, in fairness I know they work at home but dd has sen and rules are rules thinks they are MEANT to stay in school till 8pm and are sneaking out grin

storynanny Thu 03-Oct-13 11:27:02

Parents say its my fault that it rains at the end of the day when their child didnt bring a coat in the morning.

YouAreMyFavouriteWasteOfTime Thu 03-Oct-13 08:23:16

the teacher is jealous of how beautiful and popular my son/daughter is.

ravenAK Wed 02-Oct-13 17:51:10

Teachers deliberately ban children from the school buses for one little fire - well, OK, maybe a couple, but the others were weeks ago! & he couldn't play on his phone because he'd had it stolen - oh yes, they call it confiscated but I've rung my solicitor & I know better - over some silly nonsense with a rude video he's supposed to have been watching in his Maths exam, which obviously wasn't challenging enough or he wouldn't've been so bored that he failed it.

The Head said something about the bus company but that's rubbish. Lying bastard's had it in for ds since year 7.

candycoatedwaterdrops Wed 02-Oct-13 10:36:32

Children misbehave in class not because they're being naughty or just being kids but because they're bored and not being challenged.

Disclaimer: Obviously I'm not talking about children with SEN, behavioural disorders or any other disabilities.

3asAbird Wed 02-Oct-13 09:37:08

Nope no huff unicorn love my daughters current school.

Actually been defending teachers right to strike on fb and explaining not teachers fault people cant take holidays.

Teaching is an easy job. Once you've got past your first year you can just teach the same old thing every year. No need for this lesson plan rubbish, that's just to fool Ofsted.

lade Tue 01-Oct-13 23:32:01

Exams are getting easier, and teachers cheat by writing their student's coursework for them. That's why students are doing better in their exams.

Teachers are rubbish, and don't teach the children anything. That's why the students failed their exams.

justmyview Tue 01-Oct-13 23:27:46

"I'm at a loss to understand why they hold parents' evenings straight after school. Don't they understand I don't finish work until 8pm and am too busy and important to leave early once per year to find out if my child is happy at school? It's a huge inconvenience"

MadameStretchmarks Tue 01-Oct-13 23:16:29

Morethan

And teachers of film and media don't do any planning or marking y'know. We just sit on our arses watching the same films and reading the same magazines as the students. Whilst getting paid shitloads of money, with generous pay increases every year, and a constant reduction in our workload. With a fabulous pension that means I can retire at forty and sit on my arse some more. <hollow laugh>

curlew Tue 01-Oct-13 22:37:03

Wow. Petals! So much better than leaves.

TheOriginalSteamingNit Tue 01-Oct-13 22:27:32

There's a tree near my house. When it's in blossom, sometimes children from the dds' school shake the branches and make all the blossom come off. How I yearn for April.

Spikeytree Tue 01-Oct-13 22:17:50

This week I've been accused of not just daring to teach children about the past in History, but also of making them write. I must hate children, obviously I only went into teaching to torture children by making them write about the past. In GCSE History. I obviously concealed the true nature of what a GCSE in History involved so they had no way of knowing what was expected.

SprinkleLiberally Tue 01-Oct-13 22:13:30

My absolute favourite. There are too many not really old cars in school car parks. Therefore teachers should be paid less. I actually read that ln a forum although not sure if it was MN.

UnicornsNotRiddenByGrownUps Tue 01-Oct-13 22:13:25

3AsaBird shock you sound like you are in a serious huff with a school? Wtf.

Either that or you are a teacher with particular skill at writing in character' Bravo.

morethanpotatoprints Tue 01-Oct-13 22:12:46

MadameStretchmarks

grin That has to be the case for so many GCSE's and A levels.
The 2 that spring to mind are A level Sociology and A level Psychology, there are some very stunned students and parents grin
Why don't they just read what the course entails, its not rocket science.

curlew Tue 01-Oct-13 22:06:12

It's because you're leafy. Leaves make all the difference.

TheOriginalSteamingNit Tue 01-Oct-13 21:55:46

I'm sure there are some excellent state school teachers... But not anywhere we live. Because its so patchy. If we lived in one of the myriad places everyone is lying about lucky enough to live in, it would be different. If you have a halfway decent experience of teachers, it's important that you realise how lucky and exceptional you are. All of you. All the manifold exceptions.

MadameStretchmarks Tue 01-Oct-13 21:45:13

My daughter finds media and film studies challenging; she was under the impression it would involve nothing but reading magazines and watching films every lesson. We did not realise there would be any actual learning or essays involved.

MissBetseyTrotwood Tue 01-Oct-13 21:38:03

Ha ha I can match that.

'Ms Trotwood - I want to know why my son has been moved down a set in English.'

'Because, as I explained at consultation day, he is in Year 9 and he can't use full stops, capital letters and commas correctly.' And he spent most of last year with his old teacher with his head on the desk or trying to start conversations with his friends.

'Well, that just sounds like splitting hairs and focussing on details really. Everyone knows punctuation is not at all important.'

grin

Spikeytree Tue 01-Oct-13 21:28:56

I had a classic today.

'My son will not be attending the detention you set for lack of homework because you insist on teaching him about long dead people who are not relevant to modern life'.

I'm attempting to teach her son GCSE History, a subject that he chose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now