To ask dp to stop drinking now I'm 35 weeks pregnant?

(61 Posts)
Lj8893 Tue 24-Sep-13 03:10:38

Basically that!

Well, not stop drinking but a 2 drink limit maybe.
He doesn't drive so its not for that reason but I really don't fancy a drunk birthing partner!!

He doesn't drink at home, but does go out maybe once or twice a week, sometimes just for a couple, sometimes for a skinful! Which is fine, but it would just be typical that when he's had a skinful will be when I go into labour. And like most people I suppose, once he's drunk he's not the best person for checking his phone!

So, 35 weeks about right or would you say later? Or would you say not at all?

I have briefly said it and got a yeah yeah course but I would feel better having a set date and drink limit iyswim. But at the same time if I'm being completely unreasonable I don't want to push it!

Lj8893 Tue 24-Sep-13 12:14:15

Haha szeli that's fab!!! Shame it didn't work though!

The week before my due date, there is filming for a major film outside my house for 3 days and so the road is closed, and a yearly street fair which is huge.

It will be just typical for me to go into labour on one of those days and create all sorts of drama!

beepoff Tue 24-Sep-13 14:15:21

YANBU. My DH drank little throughout my pregnancy and even less in the last month of his own accord. Glad your DH is doing the same.

calopene Tue 24-Sep-13 20:33:09

You DO sound a bit neurotic about things tbh .......maybe your x partner has a more chilled out relationship with his wife and baby !

TalkativeJim Tue 24-Sep-13 20:40:15

Calopene - your posts: snippy, too eager to hurt, rather 'bitch-festy'.

Viviennemary Tue 24-Sep-13 20:40:26

In the grand scheme of things I'd say it wasn't worth the bother. Unless he is drinking far too much than is reasonable for his health in which case he shouldn't be drinking so much anyway.

calopene Tue 24-Sep-13 20:42:16

It sounded controlling and neurotic that's all. The whole attitude was just itching for a big row .......

PurpleFairy3 Tue 24-Sep-13 20:44:54

My DH drank throughout my pregnancy. I didn't have a problem with it - I wouldn't ask him to stop just because I had to.

HOWEVER, I definitely would not have liked the idea of him being drunk while I was giving birth! A couple of drinks is one thing - getting drunk is quite another.

Lj8893 Tue 24-Sep-13 22:09:49

Umm I left my xp because of his aggressive and violent nature towards me when he had been drinking. And it has nothing to do with my current relationship, I'm alot of things but controlling isn't one of them Thankyou.

Lj8893 Tue 24-Sep-13 22:11:45

And I've not once asked my dp to stop drinking, I've not once said that! I've just said wibu to ask him to stick to a couple and not get drunk, and I haven't actually had to ask him as he has made that decision for himself!

Daffodilly Tue 24-Sep-13 23:02:26

YANBU. MY DH went on a last big bender for mates stag do when I was 36+6. Waters went that night. I had to get taxi ALONE to hospital as he was in no fit state. Luckily I was sent home to labour and he came in with me for birth. BUT he complained a lot about his hangover! Upside is he looks worse than me in first photos!!

Lj8893 Tue 24-Sep-13 23:07:21

Thanks daffodilly that is exactly the situation I was worried about, and my dp has said the same!

Quite liking the idea of him looking worse than me in the photos though......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now