To think that people that don't use the tongs at the supermarket bakery...

(73 Posts)
Sparklingbrook Fri 20-Sep-13 10:28:18

Should receive a £1000 on the spot fine and banned from the store for life? angry

HitTheNorth Fri 20-Sep-13 10:49:08

Ali yes, and to be fair he did come and tell me. I probably overreacted a bit, was quite cross with him because I didn't have much money with me!

Tee2072 Fri 20-Sep-13 10:51:16

You realize the air is full of dirt and germs, right? So as soon as you open anything, even in your own kitchen, it's no longer 'clean'.

Sparklingbrook Fri 20-Sep-13 10:53:15

Tee don't say that. grin

Fakebook Fri 20-Sep-13 10:56:41

Yanbu, and people who spill bits of tuna or peppers or even worse...BEETROOT into the potato salad at salad bars should be fined as should people who mix up the spoons at the antipasti bars.

Wtaf is "totos"?

Sparkling, I agree.

No buyee, no touchee.

Wtaf is "totos"?

Sparkling, I agree.

No buyee, no touchee.

Wtaf is "totos"?

Sparkling, I agree.

No buyee, no touchee.

Wtaf is "totos"?

Sparkling, I agree.

No buyee, no touchee.

Wtaf is "totos"?

Sparkling, I agree.

No buyee, no touchee.

Wtaf is "totos"?

Sparkling, I agree.

No buyee, no touchee.

Wtaf is "totos"?

Sparkling, I agree.

No buyee, no touchee.

Wtaf is "totos"?

Sparkling, I agree.

No buyee, no touchee.

Wtaf is "totos"?

Sparkling, I agree.

No buyee, no touchee.

Wtaf is "totos"?

Sparkling, I agree.

No buyee, no touchee.

SHarri13 Fri 20-Sep-13 10:58:22

I always use them or do the inside out bag trick. My kids love using the tongs to get their own but they take bloody ages!

I wonder if the wash the tongs, I doubt it, I bet they harbour more nasties that the food itself. Yuck. I'm going to stop using them now after that thought.

Sparklingbrook Fri 20-Sep-13 10:58:32

I didn't like to ask about 'totos' Chaos I just thought of a few possibilities. confused grin

Sparklingbrook Fri 20-Sep-13 10:59:26

Right, from now on, use a bag over the tongs, or take your own tongs. SHarri. wink

Crowler Fri 20-Sep-13 10:59:33

ARGH. They could have POO on their hands. I totally agree with you.

CuChullain Fri 20-Sep-13 11:00:10

I think people are being a bit unfair with regards to supermarket staff. These days supermarket food hygeine is pretty good and pretty much all staff have been on courses or have been trained in the basic dos and donts when it comes to handling food. I am not too fussed about a staff hand touching the produce as it makes it way from the oven to the shelf. I do have a big issue with Joe Public putting their mitts all over the food as I know for a fact quite a few people out there are grubby little bastards who dont wash their hands after visiting the toliet or picking their noses. It amazes me when you see people sifting through a tray of buns inspecting each one by hand before discarding them walking off.

Sparklingbrook Fri 20-Sep-13 11:00:45

Thing is though, thinking about it, they have probably pushed the trolley/used the chip and pin with their filthy mitts. sad But at least you don't eat that.

Sparklingbrook Fri 20-Sep-13 11:01:51

Little kids at the Pic 'N' Mix is usually a sight to behold too. sad

SHarri13 Fri 20-Sep-13 11:02:10

Ha, I thought I was very relaxed about these things, seems I'm not. Shudder

PigStack Fri 20-Sep-13 11:03:34

No, sometimes I don't bother when I'm putting the bread straight into my bag and taking it home (via the till of course.....not stealing itblush)

Ragwort Fri 20-Sep-13 11:04:00

Yet another thing on Mumsnet that I have never really thought closely about it grin - wouldn't really bother me in the slightest, but then I have a cast iron stomach and am very greedy !

Crowler Fri 20-Sep-13 11:04:32

Oh my god, the pic n mix at the corner shop. What the fuck?

How is that even legal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now