To wonder how necessary this question is?

(57 Posts)
MarilynMoanroe Mon 16-Sep-13 10:27:07

My dh went to asda yesterday and bought a pair of kitchen scissors.

At the checkout the cashier asked him whether he was planning on stabbing someone with them?

Aibu to think this is a daft question, or would this really prevent potential scissor stabbings?

I got asked for ID last week.........

.......to buy plastic plates.

I also still get asked every time for ID when I'm buying alcohol. There is a 'think 25' initiative very active in this area, but I haven't been 25 for a very long time.

eatriskier Tue 17-Sep-13 09:46:25

onetwo you weren't planning on throwing one nor those plastic plates and decapitating someone were you? wink

nickelbabe Tue 17-Sep-13 12:37:22

reggie - i heard a pistol noise with your pew pew! smile

nickelbabe Tue 17-Sep-13 12:39:47

bloody hell runaway shock

no wonder my customer got arsey!

reggiebean Tue 17-Sep-13 14:43:14

grin

MadeOfStarDust Wed 18-Sep-13 08:57:58

I had to refuse to sell varnish (company policy is 21 or over for solvent based products) to a heavily tattooed, multiple pierced 20 year old guy yesterday.... he just raised his eyebrows and left...

cory Wed 18-Sep-13 09:12:21

I was refused to buy CD by a popular female singer a few years ago because I was accompanied by my 12yo dd at the time and might have been buying to supply a minor you bet I was. The songs were on the radio all the time and hence available to anyone entering a store, but of course it is well known that infant ears can only be sullied by an item that has actually been paid for.

The supermarket cashier saw the silliness of the whole thing and after a quick sideways glance leant forward and whispered "of course if you leave your daughter here and go to a till at the other end of the shop..."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now