Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to ask how you would vote if there was a General Election tomorrow?

(312 Posts)
coco87 Tue 10-Sep-13 14:28:44

Ok, now I don't like any of the parties at the moment and they seem to be very similar (red Tories/blue Labour etc).

However, if there was a GE tomorrow I would vote Lib Dems because my local MP is Lib Dem and is really good, listens to voters and has done a lot of good work for the area. I don't rate them at a national level and don't agree with most of their policies but locally my MP (who just happens to be Lib Dem) is definitely the best choice.

Who would you vote for if there was a GE tomorrow?

dreamingofsun Tue 10-Sep-13 14:58:59

conservative as they are starting to get us out of the mess that labour got us into. despite the 'help' of lib dems who are nutcases.

HavantGuard Tue 10-Sep-13 14:59:42

Andy Burnham would be good.

queenofdrama Tue 10-Sep-13 15:03:10

Labour. Not Ed though. I think it's time for a lady PM.

PhantomMenace Tue 10-Sep-13 15:04:24

I'd vote UKIP if they were a viable party, which atm they are not. As a fall back it would have to be the conservatives, there is something very unlikeable about Milliband.

PhantomMenace Tue 10-Sep-13 15:04:38

I'd vote UKIP if they were a viable party, which atm they are not. As a fall back it would have to be the conservatives, there is something very unlikeable about Milliband.

TrueStory Tue 10-Sep-13 15:04:38

I'll never forgive Labour for their self-proclaimed (by Mandelson) provocative immigration policies. I think Labour had a historical role but I also think they are finished for now - they have no leadership, no policies and nothing to say.

TrueStory Tue 10-Sep-13 15:04:54

I'll never forgive Labour for their self-proclaimed (by Mandelson) provocative immigration policies. I think Labour had a historical role but I also think they are finished for now - they have no leadership, no policies and nothing to say.

comingalongnicely Tue 10-Sep-13 15:08:52

UKIP, the rest have had their chances...

Milliband is an absolute gormless arse, the UK would be laughed off the face of the planet if we elected that twat to run us....

angelos02 Tue 10-Sep-13 15:15:46

No idea - all parties seem to be much of a muchness.

I wouldn't leave Milliband in charge of a paper bag.

NotYoMomma Tue 10-Sep-13 15:19:24

Labour

Retropear Tue 10-Sep-13 15:19:53

Hmmm tough question.

I know who I won't vote for -libdems(utterly shafted + CB issue), conservative are anti sahp + CB issue and just sort the rich out,labour would be financial suicide sooooooo.....

ideas please!

SilverOldie Tue 10-Sep-13 15:34:54

Without a doubt Conservatives. It would be a disaster if Labour got back in to screw up the country yet again.

crescentmoon Tue 10-Sep-13 15:35:53

I'd vote labour if it was ed balls as leader- he's been quiet recently but I liked how he rattled David Cameron at times last year- definitely not ed milliband the mannequin. But I'd probably throw my vote as I always do by choosing the Green Party.

I'm a Lib Dem but I would vote Labour as they are more likely to win round here.

HavantGuard Tue 10-Sep-13 15:59:37

I curse Ed Balls' parental grandfather on a regular basis. If he'd dropped the S from his surname his grandson could be a party leader, maybe prime minister.

HappyMummyOfOne Tue 10-Sep-13 16:04:30

Conservative, Labour just threw money at people to buy votes.

At least the current lot have introduced some good policies and are very much for self responsibility rather than the benefit culture that labour created. Not gone far enough, but a good start in the right direction.

cantspel Tue 10-Sep-13 16:06:52

Conservative

Anyone who wants to vote green should go and have a look that the greens are making of Brighton. It might just change your mind.

No bloody idea. I'd spoil my ballot I reckon.

GingerBlackAndOriental Tue 10-Sep-13 16:11:44

Labour.

Takingbackmonday Tue 10-Sep-13 16:15:10

UKIP

AnotherWorld Tue 10-Sep-13 16:56:56

Honestly I have no idea

I usually vote lib dem. Could never vote labour - and the conservatives make my skin crawl.

Wish there was another option. This charge one way - then charge back the other has to stop.

So I would agonise about it - then vote Lib dem. My vote would make NO difference however as I live in a safe Tory seat.

TSSDNCOP Tue 10-Sep-13 17:09:29

Conservative

Dawndonnaagain Tue 10-Sep-13 17:16:57

Those that vote UKIP, have you read their policies? You'd really vote for bringing back hanging, the removal of the human rights act (that means yours as well as 'theirs') and the putting disabled people in places equivalent to the workhouse. No integration in schools or in public?
What are their education policies?
For heaven's sake, can you not see that most of what is spun about Europe is a myth, that what Putin said about us is true and that we need, yes need Europe to survive?

JerseySpud Tue 10-Sep-13 17:17:42

Conservatives. They are just trying to pick their way out of the shit storm that Labour got everyone in to.

SHarri13 Tue 10-Sep-13 17:24:18

Green or else I'd spoil my vote.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now