Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To hate that bloody wowcher advert?

(30 Posts)
ziggiestardust Sat 07-Sep-13 15:45:57

When the woman is eating sushi with friends, but can't operate the chopsticks, so gives up, stabs the sushi roll with one chopstick and says 'wowcher' all smugly as her friends look adoringly on.

Fuck the fuck off will you?

They're chopsticks. Not that hard to use. Educate yourself.

Bah.

<miserable old bag emoticon>

elcranko Sun 08-Sep-13 10:36:56

I've thought of another I hate! Those 'cheeky boom boom' ads, they're on ITV1 a lot, possibly around Daybreak/Jezza Kyle/This Morning, not sure. I just notice them sometimes when the tv is on in the background.

The narrator asks the woman questions like 'are you sure that man was single?' 'are you sure you were really sick on Monday?' The woman then pulls a guilty looking face and some stupid voice over goes 'ooh cheeky boom boom!'

Glad my DH's golf clubs are locked in the shed or the tv would be getting it.

Snoot Sun 08-Sep-13 10:28:33

I hate the secret escapes ad, how smug us that woman? Also the wowcher sushi ad makes me cringe, that is such a rude thing to do and she's all pleased with herself, it makes me worried that young, western women are being seen in this way. Over thinking it, I know grin

PasswordProtected Sun 08-Sep-13 10:22:14

Agree with all of the above gripes - but I CAN use chopsticks.
As for Secret Escapes, I wonder how any of the UK hotels make a living at the prices they charge, plus you cannot book any of the international holidays as a single person, so a complete waste of time IMHO.

Lilacroses Sun 08-Sep-13 08:54:11

It is hideous. As is that appallingly acted one for MAA with the family on the sofa and the grandma who "amazes" them all by suddenly piping up about the money advisory service!

Nombrechanger Sun 08-Sep-13 08:50:30

So glad I'm not the only one that has no idea about that Persil ad.

elcranko - hasn't the friend borrowed the dress and got the mysterious stain on without asking? - she is trying to look innocent, i think...... god, i watch too many adverts

elcranko Sun 08-Sep-13 08:08:23

Aaaargh I LOATHE the secret escapes ads! So annoying, they make me want to punch my tv.

The only one I can think of that I hate even more is the washing powder advert (can't think which brand?) with the girl going on about her VINTAGE dress, while her mate looks bored/pissed off in the background. What's that all about? I don't actually understand the advert?

Celadorthepinksequineddragon Sun 08-Sep-13 07:37:49

The Nicole ShirtSwinger one is just wrong - muller yogurts aren't that exciting. Although I thought SP might defend herself grin.

I also hate the direct line advert because of the Stupid. Fucking. Tune.

CoffeeTea103 Sat 07-Sep-13 21:17:08

What about that PPI one,drives me nuts!

Misspixietrix Sat 07-Sep-13 20:11:30

YNBU as long as you equally detest the bloody secret escapes ad too grin

kim147 Sat 07-Sep-13 19:07:59

Not secret escapes - but she's annoying.

There's another advert for a travel website where she plays with her hair, looks cute in a bed, lies in the bubble bath and throws her hair whilst giggling in Rome.

Cocoa balls is the one I should have used as a name.

ziggiestardust Sat 07-Sep-13 18:51:03

kim you mean the secret escapes advert?

She's annoying too hmm

ziggiestardust Sat 07-Sep-13 18:50:26

Argh! It annoys me how on the Muller one, she goes 'little cocoa dusted BALLS of perfection". The emphasis on the BALLS really, really fucks me off.

kim147 Sat 07-Sep-13 18:24:05

The one with the young women who just waves her hair about and tries to look cute as she decides on a room for Venice.

PresidentServalan Sat 07-Sep-13 18:13:35

Yes that wowcher ad bugs me too! And the dopey bint who walks into the glass. Aaaaarrrggghhhh!

MamaChubbyLegs Sat 07-Sep-13 17:49:11

I knew it would be this one! It is impolite to do that with your chopsticks. She should just use her fingers.

The tattoo one annoys DP for the lack of clingfilm and blood... weirdo hmmgrin

justmuddlingthroughit Sat 07-Sep-13 16:30:56

Oh god, that wowcher advert just makes me stabby. As does the Nicole shitsinger muller one. I have to mute the tv before I start throwing things.

I'm sure I read somewhere that sushi is supposed to be eaten with your fingers, anyway...

picnicbasketcase Sat 07-Sep-13 16:26:41

The one where the woman wakes up looking hungover and has a tattoo on her arm is balls as well. If she was that pissed up, no-one would've agreed to tattoo her and if anyone did wake up and find a massive ugly tattoo on their arm, they'd shout more than 'wowcher'. Like 'WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS THAT AND WHO IN THE NAME OF CUNTING HELL IS JULIO?'

Grumblelion Sat 07-Sep-13 15:59:59

Ha! I knew it would be this advert when I read the thread title - DH gets the Rage every time it's on, I can't stand it either.

The only worse ones I think I've seen were for Ocean (?)Finance. Some dimwitted bloke with a lightbulb sellotaped to his head and surrounded by smug wife/friends <shudder>

ziggiestardust Sat 07-Sep-13 15:59:42

And if was at a waxing parlour, and screamed 'wowcher!' As they ripped the strip off my leg, I'd get asked to leave. Because I'd be being an ass hat.

loveliesbleeding1 Sat 07-Sep-13 15:58:17

Much prefer sps version, why can't she say that?

ziggiestardust Sat 07-Sep-13 15:57:53

It's her smug face as she stabs the sushi; you can actually see the lightbulb going on above her head... And her simpering, stupid friends because she is just SO hilarious.

loveliesbleeding1 Sat 07-Sep-13 15:56:38

"I call it mullerlicious" silly cow.

PrincessKitKat Sat 07-Sep-13 15:56:20

I loathe the 'wowcher' ad too. Get a fork.

There's also a special K cracker crisps radio ad voiced by Claudia Winkleman that makes me want to throw up and/or bite someone. I don't need to hear anyone talking with their mouth full confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now