To hate that bloody wowcher advert?

(30 Posts)
ziggiestardust Sat 07-Sep-13 15:45:57

When the woman is eating sushi with friends, but can't operate the chopsticks, so gives up, stabs the sushi roll with one chopstick and says 'wowcher' all smugly as her friends look adoringly on.

Fuck the fuck off will you?

They're chopsticks. Not that hard to use. Educate yourself.

Bah.

<miserable old bag emoticon>

Nombrechanger Sun 08-Sep-13 08:50:30

So glad I'm not the only one that has no idea about that Persil ad.

Lilacroses Sun 08-Sep-13 08:54:11

It is hideous. As is that appallingly acted one for MAA with the family on the sofa and the grandma who "amazes" them all by suddenly piping up about the money advisory service!

PasswordProtected Sun 08-Sep-13 10:22:14

Agree with all of the above gripes - but I CAN use chopsticks.
As for Secret Escapes, I wonder how any of the UK hotels make a living at the prices they charge, plus you cannot book any of the international holidays as a single person, so a complete waste of time IMHO.

Snoot Sun 08-Sep-13 10:28:33

I hate the secret escapes ad, how smug us that woman? Also the wowcher sushi ad makes me cringe, that is such a rude thing to do and she's all pleased with herself, it makes me worried that young, western women are being seen in this way. Over thinking it, I know grin

elcranko Sun 08-Sep-13 10:36:56

I've thought of another I hate! Those 'cheeky boom boom' ads, they're on ITV1 a lot, possibly around Daybreak/Jezza Kyle/This Morning, not sure. I just notice them sometimes when the tv is on in the background.

The narrator asks the woman questions like 'are you sure that man was single?' 'are you sure you were really sick on Monday?' The woman then pulls a guilty looking face and some stupid voice over goes 'ooh cheeky boom boom!'

Glad my DH's golf clubs are locked in the shed or the tv would be getting it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now