To really want a cold, cold winter?

(230 Posts)
Sparklymommy Tue 03-Sep-13 08:08:42

Just that really. I have enjoyed the summer, don't get me wrong, but I long for a proper winter. Christmas card scenes with snow and frozen ponds.

Bowlersarm Tue 03-Sep-13 19:55:15

Haha valium your googling is like mine-very waffly

MamaBear17 Tue 03-Sep-13 19:59:27

It seems you are U! I must be too though, because I want a cold, snowy winter too!

iklboo Tue 03-Sep-13 19:59:39

No snow or loads of ice thanks. DH is self employed. If he can't drive, he doesn't earn and we lose money from the household.

LiegeAndLief Tue 03-Sep-13 21:56:55

I think there's people living at opposite ends of the country here talking at cross purposes (although admittedly some of them seem to living in a weird micro climate). I am genuinely curious about where you live if last winter was quite mild and you have just had a couple of hot days this summer and it has been mostly wet.

FWIW, I live in the SE. Here the weather has been glorious all summer, bar a little bit of rain. At the beginning of the summer it was getting on for 30 degrees for weeks. The winter was shit, it rained for about 6 months and then there was snow on the ground for weeks.

I was brought up overseas and have no problem with hot weather - I think the problem here is we are not very well set up for it (likewise snow!). The houses generally get very hot, our bedrooms were over 30 degrees at one stage, and ds's school in low ceilinged portacabin type buiding was pretty miserable too.

Snatchoo Tue 03-Sep-13 21:59:35

YANBU! I hate summer. I love winter - especially snow.

I am aware this makes me unpopular grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now