Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think my boss is an absolute cow

(56 Posts)
poikea Mon 02-Sep-13 20:13:49

Have namechanged as I need anonymity

Where I work we have just taken on 6 interns to help give them some work experience (I'm also quite new), however in the three weeks since they were set on my boss has fired 3 of them publically because failure is not tolerated at our company.
The treatment of the remaining has been hideous, one of them in a meeting tried to suggest an amendment to one of her ideas and she shouted at him telling him to know he's fucking place and that interns should only speak when spoken to. Also another occaision one of the interns made her coffee and she shouted her saying it was the worst coffee she'd ever had and she couldn't believe how thick she was. Also the tasks they have been given to do are also ridiculous, for example this afternoon I walked into the office to see one of them he was polishing her shoes and when I went back to my desk I could see the two remaining girls washing her car in the car park.
Others in the office seem to find it hilarious and say that "life's hard at the bottom of the foodchain" but I feel dreadfully sorry for them as another phrase she uses is remember who's writing your reference. AIBU to think this is bullying and hideous behaviour.

CatAmongThePigeons Mon 02-Sep-13 20:16:17

YADNBU. Thats fucking awful behaviour from the management!

Totally disgusting

I hope someone shits on the front seat of her car

phantomnamechanger Mon 02-Sep-13 20:16:53

YANBU, how unprofessional of her, what a cow bag indeed.

who does she report to, could you tip them off about what shes doing, or does the buck stop with her?

Enb76 Mon 02-Sep-13 20:16:56

Totally bullying, I would be as appalled as you

poikea Mon 02-Sep-13 20:19:37

She owns the company with her husband so there is no-one to report her to.

wimblehorse Mon 02-Sep-13 20:24:59

Are they being paid? If not direct them to intern aware.

DontCallMeDaughter Mon 02-Sep-13 20:25:28

Are they interns from a school or university? If so, I'd let someone there know... Are the interns being paid? How long will they be there for? This really does sound terrible.

poikea Mon 02-Sep-13 20:31:32

They are all graduated this year and they are not being paid. They are going to be with us until the end of October provided she doesn't fire them.

misskatamari Mon 02-Sep-13 20:33:54

That's disgusting behaviour. What a total bitch and thoroughly horrible human being! How is she with permanent members of staff?

caramelwaffle Mon 02-Sep-13 20:35:56

She has no class does she, your boss...

caramelwaffle Mon 02-Sep-13 20:37:28

...a lack of wisdom also

poikea Mon 02-Sep-13 20:38:04

misskatamari- She's ok with permanent employees, she can be quite demanding but we are all quite well paid for what we do so previous to this I always thought that was the driving force behind this.

poikea Mon 02-Sep-13 20:38:33

behind it not this

Strokethefurrywall Mon 02-Sep-13 20:38:50

Fucking bitch.

hotritenow Mon 02-Sep-13 20:44:08

What is her husband like, could you try having a word with him, or is he as bad as her...nasty behaviour....

poikea Mon 02-Sep-13 20:47:40

hotritenow- Don't know her husband (only met him twice) as I'm quite new and he runs another company they own

I couldn't work for someone like that.

What a bitch.

Backtobedlam Mon 02-Sep-13 20:51:11

YANBU-I cannot imagine how anybody could be so cruel and full of self importance. I'm amazed they have stuck it out this long.

anonnymousey Mon 02-Sep-13 20:53:20

hhmm, maybe I should get me an intern...

SomethingOnce Mon 02-Sep-13 20:53:22

Stick it on YouTube?

anonnymousey Mon 02-Sep-13 20:56:10

Am reminded of a recent thread, do the caah and her husband run a photography balloon dog related company at all?

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1839994-Are-you-beautiful-and-fancy-being-an-Au-pair-to-dogs

ChasedByBees Mon 02-Sep-13 20:57:23

Horrendous. Totally stupid too - Those interns may go to work for your competitors or clients. She could trash her business like this. Not to mention they probably hate her and might think of ways to get their own back before they leave...

poikea Mon 02-Sep-13 20:59:26

Backtobedlam- The thing is they arrive at the office before everyone else and wait outside and also last to leave nor do they show any signs of resentment towards their treatment.

ClaraOswald Mon 02-Sep-13 21:00:04

That borders on abusive behaviour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now