to think miley cyrus should stop now

(128 Posts)
MrsBucketxx Tue 27-Aug-13 08:34:51

Something about that girl gives me the creeps.

Maybe she is too masculine, to full on, to manic.

Its the same with riannah its not big and its not clever I wish they would vanish.

Aaarrrggghhh rant over

Back2Two Sun 01-Sep-13 20:06:28

Her sticking her tongue out is totally voluntary.
Nothing to do with taking drugs. Which drugs supposedly make you do that?

She looked disinhibited and slightly out of control.

She wasn't pushing any boundaries. What boundaries are left to push? She was just pushing a spongy finger around like Kenny Everett.

I just don't know where some of these female performers are going. It doesn't feel liberating, it feels desperate.

But, I'm from a whole different generatIon. What do I know?

SleepOhHowIMissYou Sun 01-Sep-13 23:41:26

Oh I am just so tired of all the slut-shaming in media nowadays! Sorry if I am repeating, I have skipped to the end of the thread, but where's the berating of Robin Thicke, a man in his late 30s, stalking and frottaging a 20 year old girl round the stage whilst singing his rapey little ditty about coerced a@se sex?

Miley Cyrus is NOT Hannah Montana. Hannah Montana is a role she played as a CHILD for goodness sake. She is trying to make her way in a cut throat industry and her fans from her Disney days are growing with her so she needs to keep up with the Zeitgeist if she wants to retain them as well as attract new fans. Either that or she can fade away and try to scrape a living on the residuals of the work she's already done, but the amount of Hannah Montana cr#p you see at car boots and in pound shops would suggest this is not a lucrative route.

She's not a sweet little girl anymore, and she should be free to express her sexuality as she pleases without a barrage of abuse when she's no worse than her contemporaries in the industry. "How dare she get out of the box we've so neatly filed her in! How dare she grow up!"

I took great delight in Robin Thicke's rather terrified face when he encountered her raw energy at the start of the duet. He who seeks to label our young women as 'good girls' (grrrrrrr); good girls just begging for it really, 'you know you want it'. She owned the stage, and she owned him!

More power to your foam finger Miley!

ZeroTolerance Mon 02-Sep-13 01:45:15

Sleep, I like your perspective.

I guess she did turn his misogynistic little song on its head. She definitely had the upper hand. I still think it's a seedy way to go and I can't stand how sexualised female popstars make themselves BUT you're right, in that night, she owned the stage.

All power to the foam finger grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now