He's so lovely and snuggly
And still wants to cuddle his mummy
Even though he's told me he hates me a couple of times this week sad

Pinkpinot Sun 25-Aug-13 12:02:21

I don't want to be cuddled or held or kissed, or a big heavy leg draped over me
I don't want to be woken up every morning when he goes to work
I just want to sleep

LtEveDallas Sun 25-Aug-13 12:12:50

DD is 8 and still spends more nights in my bed that her own. DH and I hardly ever share a bed; he snores, bounce-turns, sweats and kicks too much. I much prefer sharing with DD and will let her stop when she wants. She's not clingy at all so I don't think it's an issue.

CustardOmlet Sun 25-Aug-13 12:15:21

Catinabox can't go into detail (confidentiality etc) but iv experienced first hand some strange attachments between mother and son particularly, which of cause are not just the result of just co-sleeping, but the mother definitely placing the love she should have for a partner onto her son.

Cat98 Mon 26-Aug-13 08:34:48

I very much doubt co sleeping can be blamed for 'unhealthy attachments', given all the people that co sleep its hardly an unusual or abnormal thing to do. It's just not talked about much because of attitudes from others.

MrsHoarder Mon 26-Aug-13 09:06:56

Parm if ds wakes in the night and I go to him I try to get him to sleep in his cot. If dh goes ds nearly always ends up back in our bed. We both love the snuggles even when we're used as a climbing frame

chocoluvva Mon 26-Aug-13 09:24:00

This thread is making me feel like I must be a very cold person. sad My idea of heaven is a double bed all to myself. The joy of deep, uninterrupted sleep.

cory Mon 26-Aug-13 09:29:45

CustardOmlet Sun 25-Aug-13 12:15:21
"Catinabox can't go into detail (confidentiality etc) but iv experienced first hand some strange attachments between mother and son particularly, which of cause are not just the result of just co-sleeping, but the mother definitely placing the love she should have for a partner onto her son."

In that case it's not the co-sleeping causing the strange attachment but her general attitude.

I knew a mother who expressed her over-strong attachment to her child by buying expensive designer wear. Hence designer jackets cause attachment problems? No, they don't. hmm

It is perfectly possible to co-sleep and have a normal healthy attitude towards your child's independence: people all over the world manage it. My db used to share a bed with his partner, three children and three cats. Totally normal well adapted family.

And if you have an unhealthy approach to your child's attachment simply turfing them out of the bedroom won't solve it: it's about bigger things.

everlong Mon 26-Aug-13 09:37:04

Youngest ds is just 7 and is completely gorgeous. All soft skin and cuddly.

But I cannot sleep with him. He moves about 476576 a minute.

But sometimes we will watch a film or you've been framed in my bed and have a cuddle for a bit but then he will go in his own bed.

neunundneunzigluftballons Mon 26-Aug-13 09:45:18

I look to my SIL unhealthy attachment to her parents particularly to her mum and am almost certain they never ever shared a bed as a child maybe the odd time when sick but that is the most.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now