to ask if you can beat this for picnic bingo?!

(78 Posts)
twosmallbuttons Fri 23-Aug-13 19:49:35

During picnic today with my DC, I saw a mum of a child around the same age as my DC2 (15 months or so) give her a pack of chocolate biscuits, fruit shoot, and those bacon rasher type crisps things.

All very amusing in an AIBU way, but really, is this what the next generation is being fed? confused

Bunnygotwhacked Sat 24-Aug-13 08:59:27

that is sad caffeinedrip you are right they were probably doing the best with the support and information provided to them and you know what I wasn't all that different when dd was born I never really knew how to cook I ate crap and just fed her crap our favorite thing was one of those rotisserie chickens and some rolls. It wasn't until ds1 came along and i met a woman i will forever be grateful to who recommended a recipe book full of stuff to cook for toddlers and i haven't looked back. That was because i had an interest in it though for people not interested in cooking it is doubly worse.
I was thinking about the op's picnic and whilst it is dreadful food those items can be bought in multipacks at the pound shop and perhaps that picnic cost her --working out that two were from 6 packs and you can get little 4 pack fruit shoots in there--about 57p you are lucky if you can buy an apple for that these days.
The same story everywhere crap is affordable healthy stuff costs loads

Thank god now for aldi where fruit can cost as little as 39p

Must be a huge help for those who can access one

This wouldn't bother me. My son gets mistaken for a nearly 2 year old all the time when he is in fact nearly 4.

I'm not strict on food and he has free range really in the house. He always asks if he wants something. He eats his meals and isn't over weight. He also doesn't bag for sweets/crisps or chocolate all day.

In fact its pasta and coleslaw he nags for. I'm sick of seeing the stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now