Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Is he or am I?

(30 Posts)
QueenSconetta Sat 03-Aug-13 02:05:42

I will try to keep this brief but not drip feed.

Have nearly 9 week old DD and older DD of 3.7. DD2 is not great at sleeping at night so regularly doesn't go to sleep until 12 - 1am, then up at 5/6 for a feed and difficult to settle. Have had to be up at 7.30am all week to get DD1 to summer activity. It is always me who gets up at 5am ish with baby as EBF, always me who gets up to get everyone up and out for DD1's activity and always me who takes her(and DD2). DH works shifts so ccould have assisted with this the last 2 days.

Anyway tonight I had some friends coming over so DH goes out. Fine. I asked him please don't come in smashed out your face at stupid o'clock as I will probably be struggling with exhaustion by then.

He has rolled in totally pissed, has now run off to the bathroom to be sick and after only 1 hours sleep I am rocking the baby and the chances of getting more than a couple of hours more before DD1 is up are slim. I will also have to entertain them both all day on my own because he will be good for nothing with a hangover.

He has just spewed in the bathroom sink which I will probably have to clean before DD can use ot tomorrow

So is he a selfish prick or am I a moaning old harridan?

Thanks for reading this far. Feel better for a moan.

IrisWildthyme Sat 03-Aug-13 07:00:06

YANBU he is being an unbelievably selfish prick. I can't imagine having got through those early weeks without my DH being totally focussed on the family's needs every second of time that he wasn't at work - and even WITH that level of support it was exhausting and dreadful at times. I know it must be possible to survive with less support - single mums manage heroically after all, but dealing with all that with a useless selfish git like that must be unbearable. He is being totally irresponsible.

MissTweed Sat 03-Aug-13 07:06:03

Use it to your advantage.... Last time my DH did this we had a whole day of plans ahead but he went out the night before with work... one drink led to two which led to god knows how many sambukas!! He was ill...Acted like a knob but the next day I said I was really disappointed as we had plans and voila!!! Every bit of DIY I've been nagging him to do was suddenly done!!gringrin it was out of character so I got over it. If your OH is otherwise lovely then forgive and move on (but not before giving him the guilt trip!! I would also clean the sink as its more to make him feel guilty!! Am I evil?? Lol)

Fairylea Sat 03-Aug-13 07:16:12

A lot of single mums (like me back in the day) get a break when their exes have the dc for the weekend. See how he likes them apples smile

curiositykilledthekat Sat 03-Aug-13 07:19:27

I have just posted a very similar AIBU Queen. My bath is covered in puke at the moment after a night of over indulgence by my DP.

You are obviously suffering with sleep deprivation which knocks the stuffing out of you completely.

Like MissTweed said use it to your advantage and make him feel guilty as hell!

QueenSconetta Sat 03-Aug-13 09:29:11

Hope you are ok curiosity, men are twatbastards iME. Ninja you made me laugh with hover pub. I'm not bothering to wake him up, I'm still too pissed off to want to be around him. DD2 went to sleep at 3.30, up at 5.30, back down at 6 then DD1 obliged by not getting up until 8.30 so I managed 5.5 hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now