To want my house to be neat and organised?

(33 Posts)
PenguinBear Tue 30-Jul-13 17:16:47

I want to spend a few weeks organising my whole home Anthea Turner style.

I started this morning on DD1s room and we've filled a huge bin bag (and not finished yet).

Feeling better already... DP doesn't see the point but the dc are surprisingly enthusiastic.

AIBU to want a home where we can actually find things and people can call round without us needing an hour to tidy up first!

P.s. anyone have any suggestions about how I can get DP to help around the house? He does nothing as house work isn't his thing hmm.

num3onway Wed 31-Jul-13 08:30:04

I really need to do this. Kids rooms are okay. But that's about it. Even my bathroom is cluttered

I missed that one, blackeyedsusan are you okay?

seanbonbon Wed 31-Jul-13 10:07:04

Blackeyedsusan - That's not the way it should be at allsad

You deserve better

noisytoys Wed 31-Jul-13 10:19:22

So he does nothing around the house and he's physically abusive? You deserve so much better than him. He is a pathetic man child and wouldn't last 5 minutes out in the big world alone sad what does he bring to your relationship?

IsSpringSprangedYet Wed 31-Jul-13 10:23:36

Really hoping blackeyedsusan means play fighting. But even then.... sad

Poppy4453 Wed 31-Jul-13 11:00:20

I'm really good at decluttering, it's great to thrown stuff out. Too much stuff is hard to handle. I filled 5 bags againg this month, I do that every month. Stuff just creeps in :-(

I'm happier in a tidy home, I can live with a bit of dirt but clutter is stressfull.

PenguinBear Wed 31-Jul-13 15:56:30

Hope things are okay blackeyedsusan.

I worked on my classroom all morning and working on the house again this afternoon. Living room is next grin

PenguinBear Tue 06-Aug-13 18:06:32

Its almost a week later and I still have to tackle to garage, playroom and ds's room!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now