To think that Dino Ferranti was a manipulative ass?

(109 Posts)
bumbleymummy Tue 30-Jul-13 16:08:37

Just re-reading Riders and its struck me that he was being a complete ass to Fen - telling her that he wasn't going to wait around for her and if she wouldn't sleep with him he'd just go elsewhere. hmm

Bowlersarm Thu 01-Aug-13 18:08:48

PomBearArmy I think it's generally acknowledged that jilly has terrible ideas about what makes someone handsome so you just have to ignore anything she says in RL and think of the images you have made up in your own head. My Rupert is absolutely nothing like Andrew Parker Bowles.

Sparklysilversequins Thu 01-Aug-13 18:17:17

I knew they had bowlersarm and was planning to quote that passage from the book if anyone continued to disagree today grin.

Bowlersarm Thu 01-Aug-13 18:22:02

Sparkly it took me ages to type all that out.....grin.

bumbleymummy Thu 01-Aug-13 19:28:56

Was anyone else incredibly disappointed by the TV version of riders?

Bowlersarm Thu 01-Aug-13 20:16:43

Yes, couldn't watch it.

no one on RL could possibly match up to the glamorous images of the characters we have in our heads.

Alconleigh Thu 01-Aug-13 20:24:51

Thanks for that bowlersarm, I was finding my Jilly knowledge being doubted quite distressing!

bumbleymummy Thu 01-Aug-13 20:46:14

Very true Bowlers! Rupert in particular just did not live up to expectations.

I'm at the part with Enrico 'salami cock' Mancini. He's yucky.

bumbleymummy Fri 02-Aug-13 10:08:32

My Sweet Audrina arrived in this morning's post! smile

CorrineFoxworth Fri 02-Aug-13 10:13:54

Prepare to go confused at the time-scales. Don't try to work out why the sister died aged nine seven or nine years before the seven year old was born yet her mother is in her mid-thirties. It's like in Jilly Cooper when polo and horse-racing are regularly featured in the tabloids. You have to suspend disbelief!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now