To think that it's time that explicit threats of sexual violence were dealt with.

(78 Posts)
Twirlyhot Mon 29-Jul-13 16:44:44

Here

WARNING: potentially triggering

The woman MP who highlighted Twitter's inadequate response to rape threats directed at Caroline Criado-Perez (the woman who campaigned to have at least one female historical figure represented on our bank notes) has now been targeted with rape threats. Graphic threats.

Enough is enough. This happens to women online who give any sort of opinion. It happens to teenage girls and middle aged women. To the left wing and the right. To those who are in the media spotlight and to people you've never heard of.

It's not just words. It's a crime. Let's get it treated as one.

SirChenjin Wed 31-Jul-13 22:16:20

I know she's not the first - she's nothing like the first - but I think she is one of the people in the current spotlight who really has caught the attention of the public. Being threatened with anal rape because she wanted a female figure on a bank note is so utterly ridiculous and horrific it's unbelievable, and the subsequent reaction from Twitter has been pathetically limp.

I actually don't care whether she has a double barrelled name and comes from a well off background - no woman (or man) should have to put up with threats of this nature.

Foreps123 Tue 06-Aug-13 21:16:43

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Foreps123 Tue 06-Aug-13 21:17:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now