Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think this couple are weirdos?

(42 Posts)
megsmouse Thu 25-Jul-13 09:13:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Doubtfuldaphne Thu 25-Jul-13 09:17:51

What a strange neighbour. I can't think what her motive must be.. maybe she wants to move and by saying she's having neighbour problems it will help her case. Some people are just strange.

Of course she didn't dig up your hamster!
I'm saying this to put your mind at rest.
She just guessed it was a small rodent.

You aren't doing anything wrong but clearly she thinks you're not allowed dogs.

Surely the complaint will just get ignored as you're not doing anything wrong?

Pootles2010 Thu 25-Jul-13 09:27:52

Why on earth have the housing association forwarded these 'complaint's' on to you? You've clearly done nothing wrong.

Did they say what they'd be doing about it?

megsmouse Thu 25-Jul-13 09:30:40

HooverFairy Thu 25-Jul-13 09:30:48

What a weirdo; I'd write her a long and sarcastic letter of apology and give her it when you move out. New boyfriend must have had some sort of strange effect on her. At least you're moving out smile

mypussyiscalledCaramel Thu 25-Jul-13 09:35:10

I had a neighbour who complained to my ll about my dog once. He used to bark evertime he saw anyone going past our frontroom window.

What annoyed me the most was that she had 2 dogs that were shut in their kitchen for up to 8 hours and one of them howled ALL day. I went round and suggested that I let her dogs out during the day, she said no.

When I spoke to the ll I explained the situation with my dog and explained about her dog. Aparently she felt really guilty

As it turned out, they were going to sell their house.

I still see her OH around and he's really nice to me.

Nowt so strange as folk smile

megsmouse Thu 25-Jul-13 09:39:42

RussianBlu Thu 25-Jul-13 12:39:41

Does the letter actually say that she has made all the complaints? Perhaps you should just knock on her door, show her the letter and ask her what its all about? Is the bf a bit odd? Might it be him that is telling her to say all those things and stopping her from speaking to you?

HarryTheHungryHippo Thu 25-Jul-13 13:17:08

Does her boyfriend fancy you? Your update makes me think maybe he does

SarahAndFuck Thu 25-Jul-13 13:23:49

Have you still got the letter from her?

If you have, use it as proof that she is making odd and unreasonable requests and has some sort of axe to grind with you.

mynameisslimshady Thu 25-Jul-13 13:26:43

What were your last couple of conversations about before contact stopped, or have you been saying anything about her or her boyfriend to anyone?

It does seem and odd thing to do for no apparent reason, but on the other hand her complaints are all true, albeit very petty. Have the HA said what they want to do? You could request a meeting with them and her to get to the bottom of it.

ENormaSnob Thu 25-Jul-13 13:30:43

She's a cock end.

cuteboots Thu 25-Jul-13 13:51:15

Im in a HA property and they are not supposed to tell you where the complaint has come from and certainly not show you the letters. They have to look into it and sort it out but thats it. This sounds a bit odd to me ...

Empress77 Thu 25-Jul-13 14:06:40

Yes to me it sounds like her boyfriend has a thing for you - watching you in the garden etc? And that inevitably pisses her off. She probably asked you not to hang out in the sun in the garden as he goes on about you or something?

megsmouse Thu 25-Jul-13 18:30:26

lazarusb Thu 25-Jul-13 18:43:06

The dog turd would be a terrible idea and open your dh to fine for fouling.

Much better to put it through the letterbox.

WorraLiberty Thu 25-Jul-13 18:50:06

How does she live too far away to be able to hear the dog?

megsmouse Thu 25-Jul-13 18:51:47

BabyILoveYou Thu 25-Jul-13 18:52:52

I think YABU- you have admitted to doing all of them!

LeGavrOrf Thu 25-Jul-13 18:55:09

She sounds like a knob.

I would just completely ignore it. She is probably avidly waiting for a reaction for you, so don't give her one. Just carry on as you are. If you are moving shortly there is no need to cause hassle. Just call the housing association and tell them the complaints are completely unreasonable.

megsmouse Thu 25-Jul-13 19:33:01

RussianBlu Fri 26-Jul-13 02:00:27

Perhaps it wasnt her who made all the complaints, maybe it was him and she knows nothing about it? Maybe it was him who texted you from her phone, deleted the message and again she is oblivious. You do say he is odd and that you have no issue with her. Might be wise to speak to her without his presence and ask about the garden text and complaints made.

megsmouse Fri 26-Jul-13 08:05:42

megsmouse Fri 26-Jul-13 08:08:04

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now