Dogs on beaches. Why?

(307 Posts)
Chickensarmpit Sat 20-Jul-13 17:23:08

Today i took my 3 young kids to the beach for a rare day out.
It was ruined by dogs!
They shit all over the place, one pissed up my icebox and one bloody stole my sons ball.
We moved twice and eventually gave up and went home

Why do people insist on taking dogs with them? Grrr annoyed!

possum18 Tue 23-Jul-13 01:20:32

My Local beach has certain months (mainly summer) where dog and bicycle use is restricted to early morning and late afternoon - evening and this seems to work well. Some people choose to ignore but this is generally not an issue as long as owners are responsible and have control over their pets! If you can't control your doggies, put them on a lead

SillyTilly123 Tue 23-Jul-13 17:44:05

I was walking my dog in a small forest type place today, very rarely see anyone there, and Tilly was doing her usual running ahead to explore then coming back. Anyhow I heard a little scream so I called her back, to which she came and there was a family there (about 4 adults,2kids- I didnt really look was trying to get tilly past them on her lead as the dad had shooed her away quite aggressivly so she was scared) and the 2 kids were practically shivering with fear (tilly had only ran past them, not bothering them) Its no way for the poor kids to live.

SillyTilly123 Tue 23-Jul-13 17:46:45

Oh and I didnt know they were ahead as the path is windy.

Scruffey Tue 23-Jul-13 17:50:32

I only use beaches where dogs are banned.

The last time I used one where they weren't banned, I walked in bare feet up to the sea to paddle and someone had let their dog shit right there. It was foul, I felt sick.

I love dogs but some owners don't realise they are ruining parks and beaches for thousands of people. I got a slide and swing set for my garden as the lovely local park has been shat all over. I never go there now.

MrsDeVere Tue 23-Jul-13 18:10:24

dogs make a very small part of the crap (literal or otherwise) that is one our beaches and in our parks.

I don't know about other dog walkers but I suspect they do the same as I and pick up rubbish other people have left on their daily walks.

I can't walk past a bottle or can on a beach so I put it in a bag and bin it on my way home.

Dog crap is vile and can be highly dangerous but so are condoms, galss bottles, jagged tins and old bonfires and you are more likely to step on one one of them on a beach IME.

stickingattwo Tue 23-Jul-13 20:03:01

People complaining about dogs on beaches. Why?

LupeVelez Wed 24-Jul-13 17:18:14

This world is here for everyone, isn't it? Why should people have priority over other animals who mights also want to enjoy being alive?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now