Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to find those 'princess on board' labels that people hang in thier cars horrible

(73 Posts)
catinabox Sat 20-Jul-13 15:20:49

I saw one yesterday that said 'future millionaire on board' ...yuck!

ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmmmmmmmm Sat 20-Jul-13 19:04:50

Definitely never seen a topless man with a shaved head and a tramp stamp..... grin

nancerama Sat 20-Jul-13 19:07:05

Those stupid little football shirts can fuck off too.

ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmmmmmmmm Sat 20-Jul-13 19:07:56

And fucking great horse boxes with "HORSES" on them in mahoosive letters,

What, you thought we might think you were driving around carrying a bunch of stubby fucking giraffes???

GameSetAndMatch Sat 20-Jul-13 19:11:57

slightly off topic. is Mahoosive a new mn word? i assume its a play on 'massive'. i like it!

Didactylos Sat 20-Jul-13 19:11:57

now i really want a sign that says
'stubby fucking giraffes on board'

PeriodFeatures Sat 20-Jul-13 19:17:13

nancerama I want one of those and a sign next to it that says..*stupid little football shirt on board*

HairyPoppins Sat 20-Jul-13 19:30:02

Someone up the shitty other end of our road has one saying 'ex husband in boot' hmm

MiaowTheCat Sat 20-Jul-13 19:30:10

Saw one (I've posted this one before) parked outside Mamas and Papas in Nottingham (in case anyone knows the culprit - tell 'em they're a prat please)... those stick figures you get on toilet doors - lady, man and a boy and girl... "Perfect Family on Board."

Also one car that has about three of the personalised ones - "Devoted brothers Psycho and Stabbity on board" and "Perfect sisters Fluffy and Smiley on board" and then they obviously had a new arrival that fucked up their car window sign arrangement and that baby gets one of their own.

I particularly love the local prat who has about 90 of the bloody "get off my arse and find a new road cos I'm driving with a BABY" or "go kill someone else please cos I'm importantly fertile" ones in the back window... and yet I've seen two or three times driving on the approach roads to the fucking M1... precious baby object of all the signage - on the lap of a passenger in the front seat of the car unrestrained (and no evidence of a car seat fitted in the car... we've been behind them in a traffic queue before so I had a decent chance to look). My judgey pants are still giving me a wedgie on that one now.

I wouldn't have had one out of choice but my DS2 bought one as a surprise with his pocket money, so yes I did put it in my car!
My other point is that whether or not the original purpose was to alert the emergency services of a small child, in cases of accident, the fact remains that there have been several incidents over the last couple of years where a young child HAS been missed. One that I know of personally, was only found after family members took exception to the news report that a family of 5 had been killed, rather than a family of 6. Maybe they had a sign, maybe they didn't. I don't know, but there is a possibility that it would have made a difference.

FunLovinBunster Sat 20-Jul-13 19:46:53

Other cunty car related shitola that should be BANNED
Stuffed animals on the back shelf. Grow the fuck up.
Cushions on the back shelf. Why? Just. why?
My other car is a .... Who gives an actual shit?
National Trust member badges. So you are middle class. Whoopee dooo.
I listen to crap local commercial radio station stickers.
Pink fluffy shit on the gear stick.
Old men that wear hats and only drive on a Sunday. At 10mph.
Caravans. Just fuck the actual fuck off.
"Lads" that drive their mummies car and think they are Sebastian Vettel. (No you deluded fuckers. Your name is Cayden your g/friend is called Shazza and you have acne)
Sales reps who hang their jacket up and put their elbow on the window as they drive down the M6.
AND...
The fuckers who empty their car ashtray etc all wherever they fancy. FUCK OFF NOW.
-fin-

TWinklyLittleStar Sat 20-Jul-13 19:49:07

Will Wills and Kate get one if they have a girl, d'you think? The only factually correct one in the.country.

ICBINEG Sat 20-Jul-13 19:51:57

ohh we should make a car version of cunt bunting....

ComposHat Sat 20-Jul-13 21:02:13

the emergency services will check All seats in this otder regardless of what wanky stickers are in the Window:

1) drivers seat (as there eill always be a driver
2) rear passenger seat
3) front passenger seat.

ShowOfHands Sat 20-Jul-13 21:37:47

Design your own

I will admit here that I do have a sticker on the front of my car. It's only a couple of inches high and it's fairly discreet, down by the front grill. It's Raphael from the Ninja Turtles.

So I have no room to type talk.

BabyILoveYou Sat 20-Jul-13 21:44:16

I saw a 'MIL in boot' one once. Made me grin

WholeLottaRosie Sat 20-Jul-13 22:12:03

National Trust member badges. So you are middle class. Whoopee dooo

We have one of these, not because we are middle class, but because we can then park for free in any NT car park. Not all NT car parks are at castles/ houses, in the Lake District for example they are just 'normal' car parks. In fact we only joined the NT for this reason.

PeriodFeatures Sun 21-Jul-13 09:27:04

Thanks show I'm going to come up with a really goady one for DH who has really pissed me off today. Then hang it in his car.

MrsMook Sun 21-Jul-13 09:48:07

National Trust in mine- for the parking.
Road Tax- for legal reasons grin

No reference to the two offspring.

I once saw a simple Twins on Board. Didn't mind that one, it did indicate that access would be required on both sides... But only because I'm currently tuned in to the practicalities of car seat use. Probably wouldn't occur to the average badly parked prat.

Is it bad that I can't even bear to put blinds in the back windows as they tend to go alongside the fertility badges. Is it really so bad having a child behind untinted safety glass???

Baby on Board. Pointless. Embellished variations on the theme vom
And who blooming cares if they're your grandchildren???

FunLovinBunster Sun 21-Jul-13 12:09:58

Twats on Board.

Salmotrutta Sun 21-Jul-13 12:27:01

I feel the rage at all of the above AND the stupid vase with a flower in it on a modern Beetle. angry

Which isn't a proper Beetle anyway. It's a stupid pretend Beetle.

BlazinStoke Sun 21-Jul-13 12:55:07

I saw a sign on a horse box saying "Dressage horses in transit". Presumably dressage horses are the little princesses of the equine world and deserve more care from other drivers than your average Dobbin does.

FunLovinBunster Sun 21-Jul-13 12:55:57

YY Salmo to pretend Beetles!

WholeLottaRosie Sun 21-Jul-13 13:40:12

We can't all be princesses.....someone needs to stand on the pavement and clap as I go past grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now